BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham (h) - 18/12/21

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

No square pegs in round holes anymore. Every players knows what is required of them and is capable of delivering the goods. I think we’ve got reasonable back up in most positions also.

Agree on the backup. We've gone on a massive run without Ayala who is probably our best player. Pears came in and did a great job when Kaminski was out. 

Outside of the starting XI today Dolan, Ayala, Davenport, Dolan, Gallagher could all come in play with the complete confidence of the supporters. Pears probably too given his last couple of games.

It's such a strange thing as a couple of months ago most - including me - would have said it was a pretty patchy squad. But it's turned into our best squad probably since we were relegated.

If I had to pin it on anything it's probably having landed on 4 really top centrebacks and found finally a top left back, and a system that uses those assets so well. It creates this fantastic platform for forward players to create.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Bit pissed off with Dolan… he’s the one missing out though, and only has himself to blame.

Going up!

Hold on, isn't Dolan the one actually with covid (ie can't be helped). It's the unvaccinated close contacts (can be helped) who you deserve your scorn? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Agree on the backup. We've gone on a massive run without Ayala who is probably our best player. Pears came in and did a great job when Kaminski was out. 

Outside of the starting XI today Dolan, Ayala, Davenport, Dolan, Gallagher could all come in play with the complete confidence of the supporters. Pears probably too given his last couple of games.

It's such a strange thing as a couple of months ago most - including me - would have said it was a pretty patchy squad. But it's turned into our best squad probably since we were relegated.

If I had to pin it on anything it's probably having landed on 4 really top centrebacks and found finally a top left back, and a system that uses those assets so well. It creates this fantastic platform for forward players to create.

Edun and Johnson in the right positions will be handy when the games mount up.

I still can't believe the' coming of age ' of the team , its amazing!

Though the elephant in the room is 3 players minimum could be gone in January due to contracts. 

We need to keep this group together for the run in . 

I know it's dream world, but can't they just do a gentleman's agreement 18 m contract. Stay this season and can get a sensible price in the summer if we don't get up .

I would like to think the current team want to see this out together,  if so we have a chance 👍, if not we don't. 

• Like 2

What a bloody performance. 

I still have to pinch myself every now and again to make sure I'm not dreaming lol 

Harry Pickering has been an absolute revelation this season. The commentator made a very valid point today. Saying that nyambes game has massively improved since HP arrived. He's watching what HP does and is busting a gut to get more involved in the attacking side of things. As per buckos goal. 

Anyway have a good evening and enjoy the weekend 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Just been for a curry at Shajan (had a chicken banjara from the chef’s specials and it was absolutely outstanding, for the curious amongst us) and saw John Buckley with his family in there. 
I didn’t bother congratulating him on the goal or anything, but if anyone has earned a good feed, it’s him! 
(Not me, I eat enough as it is).

Can't beat Shajan K-Hod. Best restaurant for Indian food

16 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

We haven't conceded in 500 minutes of football now. I honestly can't remember the last time I read that about any Rovers team.

On this kind of Rovers-trivia theme - the guys behind me today were wondering when the last time we had a striker hit 19 goals before Christmas?

Without looking at the stats I’d have guessed maybe Shearer back in 1992/93 - but I suspect someone on here might know better

Just now, WacoRover said:
17 minutes ago, JonnyP said:

Having a good consistent defence has been key, so many injuries last year was the plague of last 

We had debilitating injuries for a couple of years; it’s amazing what a reasonably healthy team can accomplish. 

When you’re winning everybody wants to play. The little niggles get forgotten then.

11 minutes ago, DaveyB said:

On this kind of Rovers-trivia theme - the guys behind me today were wondering when the last time we had a striker hit 19 goals before Christmas?

Without looking at the stats I’d have guessed maybe Shearer back in 1992/93 - but I suspect someone on here might know better

could be matt jansen,he was prolific in the promotion year of 2001

5 hours ago, matt83 said:

Longer. 
458DD02F-9A12-4258-BB7C-F3F84E63E090.thumb.jpeg.9c9607d508d4487abafa14609bc0bbb9.jpeg

In terms of 5 clean sheets

A72C6CF3-00D4-4CE0-A05E-374189792929.jpeg

How I remember that 15 game run - 14W 1D and only 4 conceded. My favourite was away at Chesterfield - one of our promotion rivals if I'm correct. Went 1-nil up and everybody knew that was that. Jim Arnold, Jim Branagan, Mick Rathbone, Keeley and Faz - how good were they once they'd gelled? Seven 1-0 wins in those 14 - must have been so demoralising for the opposition - rarelyy hammered but, if they went behind, little chance of getting back at us.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Hold on, isn't Dolan the one actually with covid (ie can't be helped). It's the unvaccinated close contacts (can be helped) who you deserve your scorn? 

Possibly. Reading between the lines I’m guessing he isn’t jabbed. Happy to be corrected though, because you are absolutely right, they are the ones who deserve scorn!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, booth said:

If Bournemouth and Fulham carry on their poor form they are they are going to drop into the play off spots. I think QPR  and WBA are the ones that will compete for the top two spots.

Why can't it be us? Oh sorry, i get you---you mean compete with us! Yes--agree!

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

could be matt jansen,he was prolific in the promotion year of 2001

As superb as Jansen was, he 'only' scored 23 all season that season.

I was thinking Armstrong last year as he was mega prolific early on, but the season started in mid-September so won't be him.... 

Just now, 47er said:

Why can't it be us?

fulham are nailed for automatic promotion,bournemouth are hampered by their manager,qpr ar`nt anything to worry about,west brom worry me,class squad who play at high speed,providing we get some luck with injuries and some money for reinforcements in january i think it will be a battle for the second spot between us and west brom,happy days to be a rovers fans though at the moment😊

• Like 2