BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Yeah I've always liked Dolan. Whether he's playing good or bad, he's a grafter.  Mowbray went off him after his injury but he was still one of our best attacking threats. I'd say he was as good as khadra, the difference being he is ours and has a couple of years left on his deal. No way we should sell unless it's stupid money.

Let's not run his contract down eh?!!

• Like 1

I think we should be all over a loan move for Cantwell, if that's what it is. There's a heck of a player in there if JDT is able to work on him. It could be a Bentley type of move for us.

I used to watch TalkNorwichCity quite often on YouTube and they mentioned how Cantwell had some off field issue and fell out with Farke a couple of years ago. I think Farke questioned his attitude and approach to training as he had too many days off due to whatever was going on and when injury niggles would crop up. He couldn't get back in the team and Norwich were happy to let him go to Bournemouth.

He didn't do much last season and as Bournemouth were quoted £11m, I don't think there's much chance of us getting him on a permanent. Even half of that fee would be too much for us. A loan, however, is worth doing to see if he can rediscover his form.

• Like 3

I think Dolan is over rated somewhat, he is full of energy but not lightning fast, he is incredibly inconsistent, he is repeatedly over elaborate and his end product is more often than not lacking.

That being said, our squad is already very small and Dolan is young and does certainly have talent. I dont think a team would pay more than 2 or 3 million for him and I would be very reluctant to sell as a result, even though I would like a more productive wide men for that left side with Dolan again competing for a place rather than being one of the first names on the team sheet.

He certainly isnt Premier League quality.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, AJW said:

Good player , not sure he fits into a team with Dack though 

From here anything we see from Dack is a bonus. He turns 29 this year, has had a serious knee injury in each knee. No way should we plan/build a team around him. From the little we saw of him at the tail-end of last season he isn't ready to get stuck in, looked cautious on the turn - but was still one of our main goal threats. 

• Like 2

I like Dolan, he's clearly got talent and he's very young with plenty of time to improve the areas he's a bit lacking. He's shown good development under a coaching setup I don't have much faith in, and offers something that I'm not sure anyone else in the team does. The only reason a premier League team would want him is for their u23 setup with a view to training him up for the future. 

Also £3m doesn't go far these days, and we're thin enough on numbers without wishing away players with league starts (and goals!) - unless we can sell for sufficient money to buy two or three I don't see much point.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I think judging younger players who have only experienced Mowbray is far too harsh. Give everyone a chance under JDT, Dolan might shine

I think I've seen enough of Dolan to rate him highly. To sell him for £2-3M would be as stupid as it gets. people going on about his height should have seen Duggie play!

But perhaps we were lucky that no-one tried Bryan up front in the middle!

Dolan will thrive now that Mowbray has gone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Give over he beats himself more....why do one step over when you can do 20...all fur coat in my opinion I'd sell him tomorrow 

We'd have nobody left if you were DoF! 

9 hours ago, 47er said:

My son-in-law is a Canarys supporter. He really rates Cantwell from when he was playing for them. He fell out with the then manager and stopped trying so they off-loaded him to Bournemouth where he continued to do nothing.

So there  is an obvious risk but there is also a very capable player in there who could be rehabilitated in the same way that Bentley was. Presumably that's why we want him him loan at least initially. Worth a shot I think.

He was valued at £11M at one time so we have to be careful here. No point getting him to the point where the fee is beyond us! Guess Broughton is instrumental in all this.

Yes, I wouldn’t want to put all our financial eggs in one basket. Especially one like Cantwell.