BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I do and I think that should be aim but he has 3 years contract so lets give him that opportunity. 

Yes you are talking down based on nothing since you don't go and watch any games like others do. 

Travis got his chances down to injuries if I remember correctly in the championship tho he broke through in the second half of the league 1 season but after his sent off against Portsmouth away on the 13th February, Mowbray didn't pick him again that season

You just don't get tbh and you are just over complicating it to be honest. 

Anyway, I am given up trying to explained it to you and others with similar opinion. I stand by my opinion that all 4 are ready to be part of the Rovers squad for the coming season.  

My point was that both youngsters broke individually into the team during the season within a squad that would have had enough cover had they not been up to the mark, rather than at the start of a season amidst a pack of players making up the numbers after a large outflow of players. A youngster breaking into the team should come down to the individual breaking in, not as an expectation out of necessity due to outgoing players.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JHRover said:

On what evidence are you so confident that James Brown is the answer at RB?

He's 24 and has played 1 Championship game.

I have said he is a squad player for the coming season with an experience right back like Callum Brittain or Nathan Byrne being first choice. 

I hope he is good. But to go into a 46 game Championship season expecting to rely on him? Nothing short of lunacy motivated purely by the low cost.

As we've seen before, focus on doing the cheap way (Warnock-Coyle) it ends in disaster 

Cost has nothing to do with my opinion but wanting to keep bringing through our good young quality players into the first team.  

You might think it is true support of the Club but I'd like to avoid a return to League One and won't sit in silence or blind support as we charter a course back there. I demand better.

So what have you done about it apart from ranting on here or on other social media platform but what have you done to tell the club you support? have you email the clubs with your concerns or feelings? 

True support of the club? How do I sit in silence or blind support when I have a problem, concern or want an answer to question I actually contact the club about it and receive a response?

• Like 1

Can we set an official “Panic date”?

This date can be used to activate complete panic should we not have signing by said date!! 😆 I don’t think it should be too far off in all honesty!

GB needs to start earning his pennies! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hi Mack said:

Can we set an official “Panic date”?

This date can be used to activate complete panic should we not have signing by said date!! 😆 I don’t think it should be too far off in all honesty!

GB needs to start earning his pennies! 

No because all is fine and any opinions to the contrary are negative and will cause the players to implode spontaneously when they come within 2 metres of the centre circle.

Go rovers!

• Like 7

9 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

any news on nyambe??nothing announced by middlesborough or anyone,i cannot believe someone of his ability is sat at home getting out of shape

Currently training alone but being courted by 2 unnamed French clubs 

14 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Not even a sniff of a rumour, never mind a signing.  Something is definitely 'off' with this whole business.

I don't think there being a sniff of a rumour matters a jot. Probably just keeping leaks under wraps. Besides, it's also not true, there have been rumours. Ben Davies the main one recently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

Voulet-vous?

We pay him until August 1, correct? 

No, he will be paid until the 30th June. The PFA will give him an extra month if he has no club by the end of July.

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Not even a sniff of a rumour, never mind a signing.  Something is definitely 'off' with this whole business.

I'd suggest it's nothing more than our refusal to pay decent wages and having 17 layers of sign off. The club generally keeps a lid on signings these days.. Whether that's because of the above or intentionally remains to be seen 

• Like 1

Never mind recruitment, we can’t even get retention right. Maybe we need a head of retention too.

If the rumours about Phillips not signing are correct - and let’s be honest, that contract will have been offered ages ago in the hope he signed the day he turned 17 - we might as well just accept our fate as a modern day, slightly better (for the time being) Crewe. But even they tended to get a fee.

Can’t blame Phillips. We have heard loads of people argue that we couldn’t pay Lenihan more as it would upset other members of the squad. Well what message are we sending to the young lads? The situation with Nyambe and Lenihan tells them that before long the will have to leave Rovers to be paid a going rate.

I’m sure some people will soon decide that Bosman is the route of all evil 30 years after it’s inception, and peddle the myth that it somehow penalises Rovers disproportionately more than any other team. More excuses for our incompetence.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 3