BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

The thing is he'll just be going off Broughtons word about players he'll have told him what he needs.  Then GB will be saying to him we have offers in and are talking we'll that you know when one drops.

That's the new structure at play whether it's true we are in or not.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The thing is he'll just be going off Broughtons word about players he'll have told him what he needs.  Then GB will be saying to him we have offers in and are talking we'll that you know when one drops.

That's the new structure at play whether it's true we are in or not.

"Hello, you've reached the voicemail of Greg Broughton. Sorry I'm not available to take your call, and if it's you ringing, Jon Dahl, I really am going to sign someone soon, cross my heart and hope to die".

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Reminded me of a politician, trying to smile whilst talking. Does anyone know where Greg is? This is who the likes of Sharpe need to be talking to about transfers, (as JDT himself said).

Broughton was at the game today…hopefully it was enough that we are short in at least 3 positions.

• Like 1

Defensive reinforcements desperately needed. Full backs are not good enough and we're two central defenders light too (can we even count Ayala?). 

Barring injuries, we have a solid attack and a decent midfield. Not promotion material by any means, but competitive and enough to keep our heads above water. We're well short defensively though so that area needs prioritising. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Also interesting it's a midfielder - might be getting him in to pave the way for Bowler to leave.

Not that I think there's a cat in hells chance he's coming here. Although I would be pleased if he did.

Is £3m not a bit steep seeing as he's in the last year of his contract? Would've thought maybe around half that.

Diaz in last year of his contract and we want silly money - 7 or 8 times Bowler's £3m - Diaz isn't that good!

Rovers' conundrum - what do they do with Diaz?  IMO, £25m, £20m is stuff for the fairies.  Understand there have been enquiries but substantially below £15m.  Big risk is we lose another 'big' player for us for feck all.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Diaz in last year of his contract and we want silly money - 7 or 8 times Bowler's £3m - Diaz isn't that good!

Rovers' conundrum - what do they do with Diaz?  IMO, £25m, £20m is stuff for the fairies.  Understand there have been enquiries but substantially below £15m.  Big risk is we lose another 'big' player for us for feck all.

We should push for at least 15 million.

Correct me if I’m wrong but you expected us to get 6-7 million for Armstrong and we got 20 million inc add ons.

id rather keep him then sell Ben on the cheap.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, imy9 said:

We should push for at least 15 million.

Correct me if I’m wrong but you expected us to get 6-7 million for Armstrong and we got 20 million inc add ons.

id rather keep him then sell Ben on the cheap.

Stating the blindingly obvious we should look to max out on BD sale!  Let's not forget, it seems Forest have a sell on clause and whilst not at Newcastle's 40% for Armstrong, it's unlikely to be less than 20%.  I'm wondering where the market is for BD?

Think the 'basic' deal for Armstrong was about £15m - based on the fact he's seemingly failed in the PL, at least so far, I think we can forget the add ons!  I certainly didn't expect us to get £20m for Armstrong, and I don't think we will, and I would have snapped any club's hand off for £15m.  I certainly don't recall saying I only expected us to get the £6-7m you have quoted, so if you can dig out the post where I allegedly made that claim, I would be happy for you to prove me wrong!  

4 hours ago, neophox said:

2-2 without a signing against a Celtic side already played 4 pre season games going in to Champions league qualification.... someone has done a great job....

Let's hope he gets backed.

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Carter is like a new signing just as Wharton was when he came in last season.

From what I saw he wasn't that good, Wharton has always looked a very good player. In fairness he was playing against some good players and was better than Pickering, but HP was the worst player on the pitch.

We definitely need two fullbacks.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Stating the blindingly obvious we should look to max out on BD sale!  Let's not forget, it seems Forest have a sell on clause and whilst not at Newcastle's 40% for Armstrong, it's unlikely to be less than 20%.  I'm wondering where the market is for BD?

Think the 'basic' deal for Armstrong was about £15m - based on the fact he's seemingly failed in the PL, at least so far, I think we can forget the add ons!  I certainly didn't expect us to get £20m for Armstrong, and I don't think we will, and I would have snapped any club's hand off for £15m.  I certainly don't recall saying I only expected us to get the £6-7m you have quoted, so if you can dig out the post where I allegedly made that claim, I would be happy for you to prove me wrong!  

Selling Brereton Diaz a full Chile International and scored over 20 goals last season in the championship for under £15m would be criminal. There may be an sell on clause too. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, booth said:

From what I saw he wasn't that good, Wharton has always looked a very good player. In fairness he was playing against some good players and was better than Pickering, but HP was the worst player on the pitch.

We definitely need two fullbacks.

He played very well imo. Made a couple of goal saving interventions. Much better when not stick at Right back..