BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Does it? 

10 outgoings, 3 incomings, 1 a youngster on loan and 2 from League One.

Long way to go yet. Another 3 needed minimum.

Looks like they've allowed a slice of the Armstrong money into the pot a year on, or if Brereton goes they will still turn a huge profit on trading again. Not to mention the wage bill which will be a fraction of what it was 14 months ago.

So lets see where we stand at the end of the window. If there's been a significant net outlay on new players I'll applaud them, but if this is the limit of it or it is covered 8 times over by Brereton being sold I'm afraid it is just more of the same from Venkys.

You didn't we would spend any money but we have twice now so you can admit you were wrong? 

Yes the wage bill has been reduce but we can still offer decent wages. 

1 hour ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

Very harsh. The lad has suffered two career threatening inquiries in our colours. He deserves more respect than that.

Football is very harsh and there is no time for sentiment. Every fan respected what Dack has done here but if he doesn't suit how JDT wants to play d would he stay? 

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Lots of assumptions that Dack cannot fit the way that you have suggested that Tomasson wants to play. Is this based on Paul Mani who also said that Ayala (potential man of the match on Saturday) was really struggling too? Just a case of chinese whispers. Is this based on Dack not coming on during Saturdays game, when we was already winning, and potentially having a bit of a sulk because he wants to play? Seems like the general "Dack is finished" narrative that is being written at the moment is very premature. Why are you so keen to downplay the potential suitability for Dack in our team?

Prior to his injury, I would definitely suggest that he could play in a pressing team, it wasn't Dack's shortcomings that led to us playing direct, it was elsewhere in the team. It's all about how well he has recovered.

Its clear how JDT wants to play so why are you arguing about that? 

No Its based on Dack fitness and the injuries he has had in the last 2 and half years. I have never said he is finished as a player but team would have to play to his strengths and given everything I have read, watched and listened to about how JDT wants to play, his previous style of play and formation. I don't see JDT adapting his style of play or requirements of how his number 10 wants to play just for Bradley Dack. 

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But never lose focus of the fact that the most important thing for a player in his position is goals and assists! Even if pressing is not his main talent, we have lots of energy in the final third but how much composure? Surely they can compliment

wrong it's not just about Goals and assists but everything that is required of the number 10 including pressing, work rate, etc. Jut look at one key word that our director of football Gregg Broughton said which was "athleticism" 

I don;t see JDT carrying any players who can't play his style of play or what he wants from his front 4 and workrate and pressing is one of key requirement of his demands. Its about the team. Another word that JDT keeps mentioning in every press conference he does

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I am not too sure where Bowler would actually fit into the set up of JDT. Priority has to be a central defender who can play across the back.

For some questioning Mortons signing, well he offers variety and cover if injuries and suspensions bite across the middle of the park

Replace Gallagher wide. For that reason alone he’s worth buying, any talent is an added bonus.

1 hour ago, neophox said:

If Im not wrong....JDT would like to have four attackers to sub with his three attackers if things dont pan out and bring on fresh legs for the last 20 mins to stretch sides.... remember we can sub 5 players this season:

1st 70 mins attack:

Breo, Sammie, Gally

Dack

Last 20 mins attack:

Dolan, Vale, Markandy

Hedges

Totally agree - watching how the system seems to work - puts a large workload on the forwards tracking back etc. Indeed that seemed to be the main thing SG did well at the weekend  - as he put in a hell of a shift for the team.

GK: Kaminski, Pears

RB: Brittain, JRC

CB: Ayala, JPVH, Wharton, Carter 

LB: Pickering, Styles

CM: Travis, Buckley, Edun, Morton 

RW: Markandy, Bowler

CAM: Dack, Szmodicks 

LW: Dolan, Hedges 

ST: Gally, Vale

Youth players: Wharton, Garrett, Phillips, Barnes, Burns 

I feel like that’s a fairly realistic window for us from here with remaining budget and portion of Diaz money covering Styles, JPVH and Bowler. 

Interested to see who we are next linked with as the main rumours have now been tied up with Styles, Bowler and JPVH having been linked for a while   

16 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Looks like JPVH is available and he loved it here.  No whisperings of any inquiries from us, could it be JDT does not see him as a fit to his system?  I don't think he is coming back which is a real shame.

We might be after him, we might not be. I don’t think the lack of whisperings necessarily means we aren’t after him. 

The two permanent signings were kept on the quiet from our end, it only seemed to be leaked by Barnsley for Styles and Barry Fry from Posh.

Obviously most stuff tends to be leaked from the selling side to drive up the price but Brighton seem to have a lot more class that Barry Fry (although I like him for what it’s worth).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I feel like that’s a fairly realistic window for us from here with remaining budget and portion of Diaz money covering Styles, JPVH and Bowler. 

Interested to see who we are next linked with as the main rumours have now been tied up with Styles, Bowler and JPVH having been linked for a while   

We really need a goalscorer, especially if BBD goes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoconutGrove said:

This just shows people see what they want to see.

”League One players” Brittain and Szmodics who played 36 games each in the Championship last season.

Yes, both teams were relegated last season so technically they were “League One players” at the start of this season but their ability looks higher than that.

In the same way, Liverpool weren’t signing “championship” players when they signed Robertson and Wijnaldum from recently relegated Hull and Newcastle respectively.

And one man’s “reserve from Brighton” is another man’s player of the season at this club last year and arguably the best defender in the league…

Yes, that was kind of the gist of the post. Can be seen lots of ways 👍

• Like 1

Regarding Dack. Time will tell whether he has the athleticism and can regain his form and fitness to fit into JDT's preferred style of play.

Every sucessful squad and manager are adaptable though; they have many ways of playing and ways to win games.

Dack will undoubtably get his chance at some point. On his day, he's a class act and our best player. He's a proven match winner.

To write him off at this stage, because he supposedly doesn't fit JDT's style, is premature IMO.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Would be a good squad except extremely unhappy with Gally and Vale up top. Would need much better than that imo if BBD does go.

Also one injury to Travis and we look pretty lightweight in centre mid? And JRC as backup for Brittain is not great? Surely a couple of loans could cover those backup positions?

But broadly speaking would be a good squad. 

Just now, Wheelton Blue said:

Regarding Dack. Time will tell whether he has the athleticism and can regain his form and fitness to fit into JDT's preferred style of play.

Every sucessful squad and manager are adaptable though; they have many ways of playing and ways to win games.

Dack will undoubtably get his chance at some point. On his day, he's a class act and our best player. He's a proven match winner.

To write him off at this stage, because he supposedly doesn't fill JDT's style, is premature IMO.

Definitely premature.

There are obvious question marks, but while there is still uncertainty about i) How extreme JDT will lean into basing our game on high pressing for 90 minutes, and ii) Dack's fitness and mobility once he gets more games under his belt, then it's impossible to know how well he can cope with playing in our new system. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I'd be fuming if we lost BBD and didn't bring in a goalscorer, no matter how well we recruited elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, benhben said:

For everyone saying JPVH....has there actually been any links or rumours at all linking us with a move? I've not seen any!

Nixon linked us with a loan move last week if Brighton agree a new contract with him.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TruRover said:

This is what I’d want, plus a ‘special’ signing (aka BBD) - Striker please

The more I fantasize about us signing JPVH... the more unlikely it seems 😕

Sure, he'll probably be made available - but another little slimy team will trump us to him no doubt... I fear we'll all be left feeling bitterly disappointed, with a hint of betrayal.

Really hope i'm wrong though, would be ridiculously happy if we landed him - especially if on a permanent.

• Like 3

As it stands I think we need a left back to replace Pickering (Styles), 2 centre halves at least one permanent and realistically one on loan (hopefully van hecke), a right sided midfielder (bowler), minimum of one striker and 2 if/when sell Brereton.

Not going to be easy but they inherited a big rebuilding job from their predecessor 

• Like 1