BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

U don't mean 5 million for hirst? Not a chance.  Not even worth 2.5 million 

Only posting my understanding, not endorsing it or saying its bad.

If he is rank, we dont need to buy him.

If we'd had a loan to buy for Van Hecke for £5 million last season, im sure the comments would of been similar.

Now £5 mill for Van Hecke aged 22 is a steal 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, slowmo said:

What's your issue with Neophox?

That's twice now with a belittling reply 

image.thumb.png.5f40e74b2bb7c977afeb03d9478de455.png

No issue, just talking nonsense, go on then, do you agree that Hirst is Khadras replacement? I’m also not the only one to comment on the replacement comment. It’s like saying Gallagher is dolans replacement, doesn’t make any sense.

Also makes out as though he/she is in the know, when clearly not.

Edited by AAK

Don't know much about Hirst.  Not the most inspiring sounding signing. However, these taller players don't tend to peak until mid 20s onwards,  when they've got the physique and a bit more know how. 

Hopefully he's a good crosser of the ball🤦🏻‍♂️

Had a look on the Pompey forum - stick with this -  they were disgruntled that Ipswich might be in for him.  Someone on the Ipswich board said that Rovers were in for him and that was Hirst's preferred choice.  Ipswich would be his second if it fell through.

That was back in the middle of July! 

Another one that we've had planned for a while or revisited it would seem. 

3 minutes ago, den said:

The new contract is obviously just to stop him walking away for free. The £5m isn’t binding on either party other than being a maximum fee that rovers would have to pay. 

Have I got that right?

Pretty much, similar thing brighton are doing with Van Hecke before they'd consider loan

Edited by glen9mullan

7 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Still wouldn't pay it. Leicester can see us coming a mile away. 

So he scores 20 goals and you wouldn’t pay £5 million?

he scores 3 goals and we send him back…I fail to see a downside in this deal

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Don't know much about Hirst.  Not the most inspiring sounding signing. However, these taller players don't tend to peak until mid 20s onwards,  when they've got the physique and a bit more know how. 

Hopefully he's a good crosser of the ball🤦🏻‍♂️

Had a look on the Pompey forum - stick with this -  they were disgruntled that Ipswich might be in for him.  Someone on the Ipswich board said that Rovers were in for him and that was Hirst's preferred choice.  Ipswich would be his second if it fell through.

That was back in the middle of July! 

Another one that we've had planned for a while or revisited it would seem. 

What's the link to their board?

12 minutes ago, booth said:

So if he scores 20 goals in this league you wouldn't be happy about Venkys spending £5m on him?

Yes but say he scores 10 goals is he worth 5 million? No but I can bet he would be the type of desperation signing rovers would make similar to when rovers overpaid for Gallagher and Brereton.  Brereton worked out eventually but that was at the expense of strengthening other areas of the team

8 minutes ago, imy9 said:

So he scores 20 goals and you wouldn’t pay £5 million?

he scores 3 goals and we send him back…I fail to see a downside in this deal

If he scores 20 goals then there will be other clubs in for him but Leicester are pulling a fast one.  I suppose there's no harm in trying him out but we would have to be an epl club next season to pay that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

If he scores 20 goals then there will be other clubs in for him but Leicester are pulling a fast one.  I suppose there's no harm in trying him out but we would have to be an epl club next season to pay that

If he scores 20 goals and enjoys his time here then it doesn't matter if another club offers £300m for him, we could still get him for £5m. 

• Like 4