BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

13 minutes ago, Butty said:

“We need a break, a penalty, a sending off, a goal being scored off somebody’s backside.”

Is this guy for real? Did he miss the Swansea away game where they had 10 men and we got beat? Did he miss the Sheff U away game where they not only had 10 men but we missed a penalty and got beat? This guy is a fucking moron and I can’t wait till the end of the season when he leaves. 

We just need a proper number 9 Tony...but you don't play with those.

• Like 5

• Backroom
1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I wonder what he knows about running a football club !

Overrated quality. The only person we've ever hired with previous football CEO experience is Waggott.

Our best CEO this century had no experience at all in football.

34 minutes ago, Butty said:

“We need a break, a penalty, a sending off, a goal being scored off somebody’s backside.”

Is this guy for real? Did he miss the Swansea away game where they had 10 men and we got beat? Did he miss the Sheff U away game where they not only had 10 men but we missed a penalty and got beat? This guy is a fucking moron and I can’t wait till the end of the season when he leaves. 

You make your own luck and breaks in football. This year has been so frustrating. If we were here now, having given everything and fought to get in the playoffs and failed then I could live with that. Mowbray has personally cost us. It’s not even that he’s a useless manager, his selections, tactics, team motivation, it’s that he doesn’t really give a shit. 

Remember when Keegan and Newcastle had just about blown the chance to win the league? People laugh at the “I would love it…” interview, but that’s passion and desire. Mowbray doesn’t care less. He should be ashamed. He isn’t, when he’s questioned he throws a hissy fit. He’s the manager of our club, our once famous club! I’d just love a 5 minute chat with the boring arrogant tosspot, he may not give a shit, but we certainly do. This football club is in our blood, it’s many of ours first love. Show some passion Mowbray or just fuck off. It’s no wonder the team looks completely flat and ineffective, we’ve adapted his personality. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Top post. Isn't this gaslighting? How can he not be challenged on these. 

He's not as bad as Kean overall by a long shot but his comments are just as bad. No doubt about it. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Overrated quality. The only person we've ever hired with previous football CEO experience is Waggott.

Our best CEO this century had no experience at all in football.

The infrastructure for John to take over was a bit different then though it probably ran itself and he did take a while to get it.

I remember plenty things that raised a few eyebrows but an intelligent chap with charisma will always adapt.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Reading Uni educated, so would understand English Football culture, was friends with a mate of mine. 

Can only hope he takes over, he'd surely know what to do.

He'd surely know what to do ie be the CEO of a football club? What can that possibly be based on aside from being educated in this country? I dont think its the kind of job that you can just wing.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

He certainly has a short memory. 
Also, I never liked people who want luck, or a break. They rely on others to do their work for them, instead of being organized, and have the team prepared for the opportunity when it comes. 

That’s our boy Tony. 

Maybe he needs to just grow a pair and start BBD, Dack and Gallagher his 13 million pound forward line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Maybe he needs to just grow a pair and start BBD, Dack and Gallagher his 13 million pound forward line.

I am not sure why we don’t see it. Is Tony hoping somebody off the bench has lightning in a bottle? Who knows what he thinks. Where would Klopp be, if he purposely left two of his best players on the bench to start a game? 

It’s just frustrating. These final three are hard for to get excited about, knowing what we’ve recently seen from our club. But if we win one, please let it be vs Preston. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

No offence towards @Paul Manibut the Rothwell Dad story if true, is a remarkable blunder on his Dad's part. Which is why I struggle to quite believe the info is true.

You can't go round telling people/giving insider betting tips (which it could effectively be seen as). Just ask Kieran Trippier.

May well end up being true, I have no idea. But if West Brom sign Mowbray (after they finish above us) then they're idiots. 

And if those 3 players want to play under Venus and Mowbray again, then they're also idiots.

We'll be fine without all of them.

None taken, we’re all used to people on here reading things and then applying their own lense and putting 2+2 together to get 5.

So, in the interests of clarity. Joe Rothwells Dad was on the train to Coventry City and interjected a group of Rovers fans discussing (slagging) the team off. Began the conversation with “Hey, don’t talk about my lad like that….” then went on to say everything in my last post. That did happen, fact. This has been further corroborated by two or three other posters on here, who as far as we know have independently backed up those claims. Him saying this stuff is pretty standard and NOTHING like the Trippier stuff. Odd that you’ve made that link.

So, feel free to cast aspersions on the character of Rothwells Dad if you like. The truth is that he didn’t really give a fuck about speaking out. His lad had been denied a potential chance to x4 his wages and has pretty much downed tools since January anyway. He’ll 100% not be playing for us next season.

I appreciate there are some on here who just don’t want to believe it because it jars with their understanding of how football / life works. That’s fine, iv just tried to give as much info as possible about a conversation which did actually occur.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

None taken, we’re all used to people on here reading things and then applying their own lense and putting 2+2 together to get 5.

So, in the interests of clarity. Joe Rothwells Dad was on the train to Coventry City and interjected a group of Rovers fans discussing (slagging) the team off. Began the conversation with “Hey, don’t talk about my lad like that….” then went on to say everything in my last post. That did happen, fact. This has been further corroborated by two or three other posters on here, who as far as we know have independently backed up those claims. Him saying this stuff is pretty standard and NOTHING like the Trippier stuff. Odd that you’ve made that link.

So, feel free to cast aspersions on the character of Rothwells Dad if you like. The truth is that he didn’t really give a fuck about speaking out. His lad had been denied a potential chance to x4 his wages and has pretty much downed tools since January anyway. He’ll 100% not be playing for us next season.

I appreciate there are some on here who just don’t want to believe it because it jars with their understanding of how football / life works. That’s fine, iv just tried to give as much info as possible about a conversation which did actually occur.

Out of interest who are the 2 or 3 others that have corroborated this? I’ve only seen yourself so far. 

• Like 2