BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

2 hours ago, J*B said:

I assume he can pick his own staff, otherwise the receptionist is on physio and the canteen staff are all now running first team sessions. 

I don't know when the contracts of the current coaching staff end. If they're all up (like Mowbray) that would be one less potential hurdle to overcome.

27 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Wasn't Hasselbaink kicked out of the QPR job because he had links to a particular agent/agency as well as being pretty rubbish? 

Don't know but JFH would be such a left field and surprising appointment you'd have to guess at some agent influence somewhere.

Just as TM seemed a totally random appointment at the time with no rhyme or reason to it but presumably Honeyman got him the gig.

7 hours ago, goozburger said:

@Mercer Who is fixated with Hasselbaink? He'd be an awful choice. He last did well seven years ago during his first stint as Burton manager.

The bookies had Hasselbaink as the favourite when Mowbray got the job in 2017, that is the only link, incidentally Mowbray wasn’t on the list.

Any new appointment will be left field, not one poster has EVER been told who the new man will be during Venkys time here. Nothing leaks that’s factual, it’s all done by tombola in Pune.

• Like 2

Di Matteo seems to have various cryptic links.

He replaced Paul Ince at MK Don's when we appointed him. He replaced Mowbray at WBA when he left for Celtic. He was replaced by Appleton as caretaker at WBA too.

Coincidence or dodgy agents at work?

He actually doesn't have too bad a record but certainly wouldn't be first choice.

Hasselbaink isn't even worth commenting on really, on the basis Mercer has never got anything right, ever, despite trying ro claim he has info.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

The bookies had Hasselbaink as the favourite when Mowbray got the job in 2017, that is the only link, incidentally Mowbray wasn’t on the list.

Any new appointment will be left field, not one poster has EVER been told who the new man will be during Venkys time here. Nothing leaks that’s factual, it’s all done by tombola in Pune.

Lambert was the exception. His appointment was widely touted / reported.

My interpretation is that info is sometimes leaked by club employees, but that often doesn’t tally with decisions being made in India.

• Like 1

Mark Venus.

Today’s LT:

Mowbray added: “Mark is under contract, he will have a period of time that he has to work for, I would assume.

“I can’t talk for Mark. I’ve been with Mark a long time and I’ve left clubs and Mark has stayed on and done a really good job.

“At Coventry, Mark was almost running the club, not as a football manager but behind the scenes.

“Let’s wait and see what happens.”

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Mark Venus.

Today’s LT:

Mowbray added: “Mark is under contract, he will have a period of time that he has to work for, I would assume.

“I can’t talk for Mark. I’ve been with Mark a long time and I’ve left clubs and Mark has stayed on and done a really good job.

“At Coventry, Mark was almost running the club, not as a football manager but behind the scenes.

“Let’s wait and see what happens.”

New away kit incoming

Hi-Vis yellow shirt with reflective silver banding

Denim blue coloured shorts

Scuffed brown socks with matching boots

• Like 5

Venus, Lowe, Johnson and Benson all under contract. 

On othera who have left or will leave

The Head of medical (Andy Mitchell) went to Leipzig, another of the medical team (Ibrahim Kerem) went to run Manchester United’s women, and there’s a really important member of backroom staff leaving for Newcastle United next week.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20107124.positions-fill-blackburn-rovers-head-recruitment-leave/

8 hours ago, Butty said:

You paying for his Patreon Chaddy? Can’t believe he’s stopped posting on twitter and is charging £2 a month on patreon for his “info” the guy knows f**k all. 

Not a chance Am I paying. 

It was @Tugay is Godwho posted from his account not me

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

Understand there is a certain fixation with Hasselbaink.

Wouldn't be my choice, however, if you have a spare fiver or tenner in your pocket then at 20/1 could be worth a punt.

Well that's him not coming here

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't know when the contracts of the current coaching staff end. If they're all up (like Mowbray) that would be one less potential hurdle to overcome.

David Lowe and Ben Benson are still under long term deals, and I presume will be staying on.

The worrying one is that Mark Venus isn't out of contract with Mowbray.

All points to Venus been given the job IMO.

11 hours ago, den said:

Hopefully someone who doesn’t think that developing young players is the priority.

The academy is there to provide those and the managers priority is to assemble a squad that can win games. 

I do believe that since Venkys took over and dissembled a Premier League squad with the idea that rovers could only prosper by bringing through youngsters then selling on, the focus has been far too much on player development.  Mowbray said on Saturday the new manager should focus on that also.

12 years later - how’s it working?

I'd wager that developing young players is the priority of the agency behind the scenes, don't be surprised if it's therefore the priority of the next clown in charge.  

• Like 2

It's strange because I was always under the impression that the coaching staffs contracts were aligned with the managers in terms of the length.

Another anomaly from a dysfunctional place?

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Lambert was the exception. His appointment was widely touted / reported.

My interpretation is that info is sometimes leaked by club employees, but that often doesn’t tally with decisions being made in India.

Yes you’re right on that one marton, my mistake. Shelfy couldn’t keep his mouth shut, another arsehole who feathered his own nest at the expense of the club.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Venus, Lowe, Johnson and Benson all under contract. 

On othera who have left or will leave

The Head of medical (Andy Mitchell) went to Leipzig, another of the medical team (Ibrahim Kerem) went to run Manchester United’s women, and there’s a really important member of backroom staff leaving for Newcastle United next week.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20107124.positions-fill-blackburn-rovers-head-recruitment-leave/

FFS Lowe, Benson, Venus all need bombing out of the club ASAP. We don't want Venus "running the club" or anything of the sort.

• Like 7