BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

4 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

4 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Exactly.

We'll no doubt piss about 'interviewing' half a dozen candidates, then um and ah for a fortnight pretending to make a decision.

In the meantime, clubs like QPR will steal a march on us, go straight for the guy at the top of their list, who'll then start making signings before our lot realise this season has ended.

I'd say it's worse than that. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't interview anyone for a month or two 

Edited by joey_big_nose

29 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I wonder how long it will take for the new manager to be in place?  

Depends how long it will take to find a sucker who will work for £500-750k a year.

35 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

My gut feel is we aren't activitively looking for anybody. Venkys probably just waking up to idea that we need a new manager. Waggott desperately trying to get Pune on the phone for direction but with little luck.

My feeling is that they probably expected Mowbray and Waggot to fly out to India at the end of the season and go through the season and what the plans going forward would be and then if all on the same page, they'd give him a new deal.

Otherwise, surely, at the very least, we'd have announced it being his last game, either before or after and thanked him for the last 5 years? 

It also ties in with Venkys being unbelievably slow at doing anything related to Rovers. They've got a lot to do, in a shorter time this summer and we'll likely lose out on any decent freebies (as usual) because we won't have a manager in place.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I wonder how long it will take for the new manager to be in place?  

Considering the clubs still not officially announced Mowbray going, I reckon nowt until July 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

As if we have a strategy!

Why aren't the club/owners putting out a statement about the manager? Why haven't they even contacted him about his future?

Obviously a manager coming in and choosing a style that doesn't fit the players wouldn't end in good results but we shouldn't appoint someone just because of the style they usually play.

I never said that we shouldn't bring through young players, but it shouldn't be key in appointing someone.

Is that all you are bother about a statement about Mowbray leaving. Mowbray has already said he is leaving. 

The football strategy is there to be see. 

I said you bring in a manager that suits the club squad, fits the football strategy of the club including transfer budget, bringing through our good young players which you seems to want to ignore for some reasons given that, etc.

Well we have to agree to disagree cos that is one of this club key points in the football strategy to keep developing and bring through our own players. 

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

I agree, but that supports the argument that the club should just go all to get Farke and not mess around with interviews.

I think interviewing 6 candidates is the right approach then choose the right man to fit the strategy. 

4 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Considering the clubs still not officially announced Mowbray going, I reckon nowt until July 

The players will be back probably in the third week of June given that the season starts on the 29th July. 

I'm expecting announcement in the next 2 or 3 weeks about a replacement. 

There is no remit or strategy at the club, in my opinion. Playing Academy graduates and younger players is something that Mowbray has been forced into doing due to a lack of funds. Would we be seeing half of our regulars over the years in action if he had money to spend? I doubt it. It took him an age to start playing Travis and Buckley for example.

I very much doubt the "play and develop the youngsters" approach is some kind of philosophy set down by those at the top. Not a chance, in my view. We're still waiting for money to be reinvested from previous sales.

We need somebody to come in who is all about results. All this stuff from Mowbray about the next guy needing to be able to nurture them etc is fluff, in my opinion. We aren't running a creche and players like Wharton, Buckley, Markanday etc aren't likely to be discarded just because the new man wants to win. The talented youngsters will stand out for any decent manager.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is that all you are bother about a statement about Mowbray leaving. Mowbray has already said he is leaving. 

I said you bring in a manager that suits the club squad, fits the football strategy of the club including transfer budget, bringing through our good young players which you seems to want to ignore for some reasons given that, etc.

Well we have to agree to disagree cos that is one of this club key points in the football strategy to keep developing and bring through our own players. 

I think interviewing 6 candidates is the right approach then choose the right man to fit the strategy. 

The players will be back probably in the third week of June given that the season starts on the 29th July. 

The point is that the fact that Mowbray's departure has yet to be announced and that Mowbray has said that he has not even spoke to Venkys yet but that they intend to call him this week proves that the search for a successor is not the proactive and thoroughly planned one with numerous candidates going through interviews that you seem to (against all logic and recent history) seems to have deluded yourself into thinking is happening.

The transfer budget I am sure will be minimal and the loan market will be once again critical in cobbling together a squad for next season.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

🤯

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

I am sure this is the case.

Mowbray is still the manager and Venky's will still try and persuade him to stay. It looks very likely that he has made his mind up to leave and a job in Hartlepool may be just what he is looking for but in Venky world Rovers still have a manager until the end of June. What's the rush ?

I think in reality there can only be two lists of candidates that we, as fans, could formulate. There is a list of desirable managers who we can only dream about coming here and we actually think are either out of our budget or too sensible to take the job. An interview with a so called CEO who is actually nothing more than a gatekeeper? What a laugh. 

The second list is of managers who have dropped out of the spotlight and would take any job with any conditions attached, just to return to the spotlight. If it didn’t work out they could simply slag off the owners and plead that they didn’t know the club was run in such a poor way. 

Regarding Ainsworth, as a Rovers fan I would love to think that he would jump at the chance of coming here, but as a Rovers fan, do we not think, that like us all on here, that he doesn’t follow goings on at Ewood and realise what a shit show our club has become?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

why a no? I know very little about him? 

I goggled him to see who it was?

Job is too big for him and he comes across very dour in interviews and he is no name in football, Dundee Utd aren’t exactly setting the heather on fire , avoid please 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Job is too big for him and he comes across very dour in interviews and he is no name in football, Dundee Utd aren’t exactly setting the heather on fire , avoid please 

We simply don't have the infrastructure to support an up-and-coming manager. 

Nor do I trust said infrastructure to identify one.

We need an established winner - one we can hand the keys of the entire kingdom to (it's simply the way the Venky's operate). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Pin a photo of each out of work manager onto a wall.

Bring in a blindfolded BRFCS poster (picked at random from Tony's Tombola).

Spin them round 3 times.

Give them one dart to throw at the wall.

This might aswell be the selection process and the title of this thread.

Chance of success is very similar.

Maybe they could ask to borrow Tony’s Tombola? 😂