BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

32 minutes ago, Gav said:

Not as low as if Cocu gets the gig, if that happens I’m not going again, as that appointment is agent driven and designed to line agents pockets only.

I wouldn’t want Cocu to get the job but if he did there’s an outside chance he might be successful. There’s no chance of that with Mowbray. As we’ve just found out.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ve made peace that they aren’t going anywhere so we need their cash, that’s just how it is in the Championship.

However, it’s your posts making them out as innocent bystanders being led a merry dance by various Dastardly’s and Muttley’s on the ground that gets my goat. It’s been 12 years and if they can’t/won’t  get a grip of the operation by now, that’s on them, not TM or Venus or Waggott.

They have been (and continue to be) led a merry dance by various charlatans imo (The bringing in of John Park for example, good grief) and of course if they're not keeping a close enough eye on what's going on on the ground then of course the buck stops with them.

All I would say is that the financial contribution combined with the apparent determination not to sell us any time soon indicates am element of good faith on their part as opposed to being malicious.

I just don't think we're top of their list of priorities in terms of their overall business empire unfortunately. Will that improve or change going forward, who knows? It's not looking like it just yet despite promises to the contrary 12 months ago.

However a stellar managerial appointment would be a major step forward and might indicate the start of  a shift in attitude.

• Like 1

Then if we aren’t a business they keep much of an eye on, surely it’s more important they put quality appointments in place in key positions, they don’t, ever, so if not malicious, certainly negligent…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at both articles today and he has said he is going. How more times does he need to say it. 

He doesn't need to say it - he needs to actually permanently leave the building.

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

If the owners are due to speak with Mowbray this week - as he himself implied - then I wouldn't expect an announcement until afterwards.

What the announcement will be, is anyone's guess. I fear the worst.

He’s reminding me of a singer at a concert who thanks the audience, tells them the show’s over and leaves the stage , but you know full well they will come back on to do another three songs.

• Like 3

I wonder if Mowbray has changed his 'good people' opinion of our owners? On the face of it it appears he has found out the hard way something that some of us have known for years. They couldn't care less about Rovers or their employees.

I dread to think what the process is going to be in the next few vital weeks as we don't have a manager in place. Has the job been advertised? Who will sort through the applicants? Who will interview the candidates? Who will make the final decision and what will it be based on?

We really are as dysfunctional, basket case of a professional organisation and to be frank the next month fills me with dread let alone thinking about next season.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Mowbray left West Brom of his own accord following relegation when they had finished bottom and were miles off staying up. His successor was Roberto Di Matteo, who led them to automatic promotion the following season. West Brom then went on to enjoy about 8 years in a row in the PL.

Mowbray went to Celtic and despite being popular from his playing days is now considered something of a joke figure there after being sacked during his first season with them miles behind Rangers. He was succeeded by Neil Lennon who went on to win everything in his first managerial job.

Mowbray went to Middlesbrough, and after two promotion pushes followed by alarming collapses (see us this season) he was eventually sacked in 2013 after a poor run with the club looking over its shoulder at the relegation zone. He was succeed by Aitor Karanka in his first managerial job, who soon after took Middlesbrough to the play-offs and then automatic promotion.

Mowbray went to Coventry, and after one season looking like promotion contenders followed by an alarming drop off (see us this season) he walked away in 2016 with them bottom of League One and winless all season. 6 months later they appointed Mark Robins who has led them to the League Trophy and 2 promotions and are now established in the Championship.

So one narrative that I won't be falling for is that the only way is down after he's led us to the giddy heights of 8th.

Of course these owners could quite easily squander this opportunity and wreck the club again, but that risk will always be there until they beggar off.

So what you're saying is, that Rovers will buck the trend and instead of appointing someone decent and having some success post Mowbray, like all his previous clubs have, Venkys will appoint a total no mark and we'll struggle on?

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Mowbray left West Brom of his own accord following relegation when they had finished bottom and were miles off staying up. His successor was Roberto Di Matteo, who led them to automatic promotion the following season. West Brom then went on to enjoy about 8 years in a row in the PL.

Mowbray went to Celtic and despite being popular from his playing days is now considered something of a joke figure there after being sacked during his first season with them miles behind Rangers. He was succeeded by Neil Lennon who went on to win everything in his first managerial job.

Mowbray went to Middlesbrough, and after two promotion pushes followed by alarming collapses (see us this season) he was eventually sacked in 2013 after a poor run with the club looking over its shoulder at the relegation zone. He was succeed by Aitor Karanka in his first managerial job, who soon after took Middlesbrough to the play-offs and then automatic promotion.

Mowbray went to Coventry, and after one season looking like promotion contenders followed by an alarming drop off (see us this season) he walked away in 2016 with them bottom of League One and winless all season. 6 months later they appointed Mark Robins who has led them to the League Trophy and 2 promotions and are now established in the Championship.

So one narrative that I won't be falling for is that the only way is down after he's led us to the giddy heights of 8th.

Of course these owners could quite easily squander this opportunity and wreck the club again, but that risk will always be there until they beggar off.

As with most of these things it's a combination of the two being at fault - Mowbray/Waggott & Venkys. 

Mowbray is an average football manager, set in his ways and either can't or won't change. He would never get us promoted within the current structure. This is eminently achievable however with the right manager, he simply isn't it. Waggott is clearly a chancer and will do whatever is needed to keep himself in situ and the paychecks rolling in. 

Venkys just don't give a shit. Mowbray/Waggott will have been popular with them over the last 5 years no doubt as they came to India when beckoned and meant they weren't bothered too much by us and just put in the minimum they needed to to keep us afloat. 

• Like 4

I guess we're in for a few weeks of utter silence now.

June 30th his contract expires? In venkys world that is plenty of time to get around to it, they won't have a clue that the new season starts exactly 4 weeks after that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd say the Blackburn bit was a bonus, he's proving himself to be a very good manager with little money.  Imagine if he had some money.

Doesn’t always work that way, plenty of times managers that are good with one particular team with little funds moves to a bigger team with more funds and they just don’t know how to operate in that way. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, martonrover said:

He’s reminding me of a singer at a concert who thanks the audience, tells them the show’s over and leaves the stage , but you know full well they will come back on to do another three songs.

I wish he'd do an Axel and just feck off

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 47er said:
1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Venkys just don't give a shit

So the big changes won't happen?

dont know why they just dont sell up...

EG Group (Issa brothers), Blackburn based, must be pretty loaded, wonder if they've ever considered investing...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tricky said:

dont know why they just dont sell up...

EG Group (Issa brothers), Blackburn based, must be pretty loaded, wonder if they've ever considered investing...

Someone somewhere said they're the wrong caste.

Plus they're not into football, apparently.

It’s interesting to see every article from Sharpe saying he’s done, was his last game at Brum, TM confirmed his exit etc. 

But for me his statements have all (purposely) left a bit of ambiguity in them from what I’ve read. Still a fair chance he’s staying…

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s interesting to see every article from Sharpe saying he’s done, was his last game at Brum, TM confirmed his exit etc. 

But for me his statements have all (purposely) left a bit of ambiguity in them from what I’ve read. Still a fair chance he’s staying

Sadly!!

• Like 1

I wonder does the journo get a bonus for putting his name to these pre scripted propaganda pieces.

They are in a bit of a frenzy to get The Family Guy a contract.

His family wouldn't have been a consideration just a short 5 months ago it appears.

Shallow, shallow person.

Just fuck off you prick.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 6