BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

2 hours ago, TimmyJimmy said:

There's a world of difference between recruitment and head hunting. Footy managers are head hunted not recruited.

The whole process is HR gone mad, this isn't how foitball should work.

TM was going ages ago, targets should already have been on our radar and we should have them on contract by now.

You might run a chicken business like this but not a football club. Bloody chaos.

Exactly. 

How many rounds of interviews did Waggott go through and how many other candidates were interviewed?

He just waltzed in with a nod and a wink from the right people.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Pardew was last relevant about 6 years ago and hasn't managed at this level for well over a decade. 

I'd prefer to bring Warnock out of retirement or go for Mick McCarthy.

McCarthy?? crikey when was the last decent job he did

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

He held off for best part of 2 weeks after his interview. Blame lands solely at the feet of those at Ewood, again.

'Just hang fire Carlos in case one of the 86 other interviewees outperform you'

What utter bullshit, he clearly chose to follow the money over ambition. Nothing to do with Rovers it was his choice and his alone.

• Like 1

I remember when C0yle came from left-field to get the job in 2016/17, immediately put money on us going down.

Summer 2022 could be more of the same.

For those wondering, no market on Pardew with SkyBet or William Hill.

Would be such an uninspiring appointment. 

Out of interest and this is not a dig or a slant of abuse at anyone, but how many of our forum members applied for the job at Ewood, bearing in mind just how much expert knowledge there appears to be amongst us, its littered with expert analysis, foresight, hindsight and experience it puts the pundits on sky sports to shame 😄Surely, someone must have made the top 8 or 9 for the first round of interviews🥸

• Like 2

Pardew would be a huge disaster.

Arrogance is bad enough, but combined with incompetence is unforgivable.

Would honestly take pretty much anyone over him.

Let’s hope Glen is proven right after all and Monday brings us good news 🇩🇪

8 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

What utter bullshit, he clearly chose to follow the money over ambition. Nothing to do with Rovers it was his choice and his alone.

Why would a manager like Carlos Carvalhal come to a basket case of a club like ours?

It has everything to do with Rovers, we have zero ambition, zero budget, absent owners and a 4th Division CEO.

Whats not to like......

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Out of interest and this is not a dig or a slant of abuse at anyone, but how many of our forum members applied for the job at Ewood, bearing in mind just how much expert knowledge there appears to be amongst us, its littered with expert analysis, foresight, hindsight and experience it puts the pundits on sky sports to shame 😄Surely, someone must have made the top 8 or 9 for the first round of interviews🥸

I have similar managerial experience to Ferguson, but I'm just too busy to take the role.

26 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

I was still an active referee when he was at Reading and came across him several times and he struck me as arrogant and entitled. When I was assessing I worked on some games with Mick McGuire who at the time was Deputy CEO of the PFA and had had many dealings with Pardew. His name came up in a conversation one day and Mick said "if he was made of chocolate he would eat himself". 

I always think of that quote whenever I hear mention of his name.

• Like 3

I did. Got a response as well. The thing I was most scared about was the fact I might be the best applicant. To be honest I’ve forgotten more about football than the Venkys will ever know. Same goes for swag I’d 100% do a better job than him pro bono. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 6

Bucko would be straight out the door

• Like 1

Nobody because we all knew you should be the stand out candidate.

• Like 4

Pardew is one of the more depressing names I have read so far, not least because he would be on par with Nathan Jones as the biggest knobhead in the league and perhaps the country as a manager, because its all about results. 

But his recent CV does not suggest that he would be a good appointment, and is generally a massive mixture of doing a decent job at a couple of places mainly a long time ago and also littered with a few failures.

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You can't possibly know that. The lack of speed and proactivity going into the process considering that the owners seemingly knew months ago that Mowbray wasn't staying yet didn't bother to put a succession plan in place, plus even then, the second round of interviews, the additions to shortlists, its all painstaking, so its understandably been met with criticism heaped upon a lack of faith in the owners and the executives already.

Surely that can't have helped his decision when he had a guaranteed job lined up, we don't know if he made the second round of interviews, he may have been fed up at the waiting, he was mulling over a 1 in 3 or 4 chance here perhaps v a guaranteed one elsewhere, he felt messed around, there is plenty of potential additional reasons that led him to go abroad.

And yes I am sure money played a part, and Venkys seemingly will never appreciate the importance of allocating a decent budget on a manager. Why do you seemingly see going to a better paid job as a slight on his personality, wouldn't you?

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

What do you get from the messageboard, a place whereby people share and debate their opinions on Rovers, if you look down upon posters as wannabee managers who should have applied for the job if they have the sheer arrogance to share those opinions.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Carvalhal was never coming for a second it was all just another smoke and mirrors job there was nothing of substance to back it up whatsoever.

If anyone seriously thinks we are shopping in anything other than the next Mowbray type or untried cheap coach then i think they need a lie down.

Some at this club have zero ambition, NON they just want it water treading and churning out young players to preserve their easy street lifestyle.

I always thought it was PR bullshit, the talk of Carvalhal and Farke. In terms of the latter it was only Glen's info that gave me a bit of hope. I guess it's not totally dead yet, however it's highly unlikely to happen with a hierarchy so devoid of ambition.

In my view, tentative talks were held with Carvalhal and Farke to try and get them on the cheap. No serious desire to make it happen, just see if it can happen on low terms. It also gets fans excited. When that failed it's back to the original plan, a desperate, uninspiring appointment who will be grateful for the opportunity.

"We tried our best, but..."

That's been a common theme throughout the club's dealings under this lot, only this time they can't say that about the dolloper they are likely to appoint. They will have to big him up as the man they wanted all along.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Andy said:

Pardew would be a huge disaster.

Arrogance is bad enough, but combined with incompetence is unforgivable.

Would honestly take pretty much anyone over him.

Let’s hope Glen is proven right after all and Monday brings us good news 🇩🇪

Keep dreaming!