BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Peterborough Utd (a) - 15/4/22

29 minutes ago, TruRover said:

would be interested to hear whether anyone has had a rumour of his replacement floated by them? 

I think it’s obvious he’s going this summer - tho he should of really have gone a month go. 

I fear he’s more likely to get a contract that a boot up his arse

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Is it obvious? His apathetic demeanour is no different than last season… but of course a month left on his contract is the big difference.

There’s no noise from the club that he‘ll be staying - even when we were high flying. The fact that the same thing has happened this season as the previous 3/4, esp with where we were at, just leaves his future inevitable imo. They should really have someone lined up immediately considering the amount of time they have had to prepare. 

With Waggot and TM gone I may have a management structure I can believe and invest myself in again. I really would go all out for jokanivic - bring him in and give a 2-3 year project. Plays fantastic football and has an excellent promotion track record. He’s not afraid to play young players either. He’s a manger who at least needs a season to implement his style of football before he can really be judged and at Rovers he won’t have the pressure to get immediate results - like he did at Sheffield United.  

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If he’s given another contract it will be a season too far for me. I took “ leave of absence “ when they appointed Coyle and to be honest I felt a lot better for it. There’s the normal ups and downs of following a football team and there’s the un remitting misery of a Mowbray death spiral. No more ! Either he goes or I go.

Same here, if he still here in the summer, I wont be next season.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

Many interesting words from many long long suffering fans….and I respect those who still “ follow “ away from hone .  Clearly, yesterday was a bridge too far for many …but, after 60 years of following, my pain yesterday was low… I have been numbed by Mowbray/ Venkys / weak players who have little if any pride in the shirt… I felt nothing …and I felt better for it . 

Until we as a club and a town are rid of the parasites, the suckers of life , pride and decency…we are a what we are …a broken club , without crutches crawling our way down the football pyramid. 

Ive spent many days at Stanley this year….it’s not the same because it’s not my club but I witness effort, pride , transparency and people who appreciate support…..until we go “ to the wall “…eg Bolton, Blackpool , Bury….we are finished.

Venkys ruined my love of Rovers and Mowbray had killed any love of football….but, remember… he’ll never be a burden 🤬

I agree with the weak players part, they are not fit to wear the shirt or walk out on the ewood pitch. They are a disgrace to the club weak is an understatement.Only solution a manager with a footballing brain (mowbray hasn't got one) and get rid of the lie down and die weaklings at the club.

• Like 1

Yep, the know it all attitude of certain posters, and only a very few, on here is without doubt IMHO why a moron like Mowbray is still manager and likely will get an extension.

Still I and I am certain others treat such drivel with the contempt it deserves and gladly allow them their opinion.

Notice how they always are critical enough to leave themselves with an escape route.

Reminds me of an old Rolling Stones number.

34 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yep, the know it all attitude of certain posters, and only a very few, on here is without doubt IMHO why a moron like Mowbray is still manager and likely will get an extension.

Still I and I am certain others treat such drivel with the contempt it deserves and gladly allow them their opinion.

Notice how they always are critical enough to leave themselves with an escape route.

You can't always get what you want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

What on earth does "someone who knows what the club means" actually mean? Generic nonsense.

You are so quick to moan and dismiss someone point of view who is season ticket holder and very passionate Rovers fan. 

What the club means to the fans, the history of the club, etc. 

For a start, Ainsworth has never worked at Rovers under Venkys so he doesn't know the club works. We should strive for someone to get the best possible results, they will soon get to "know what the club means" and like at any club, the thing that makes people happy is success.

But Ainsworth knows the club and what the clubs to the fans from his days here as players. 

You are also throwing random names in of people that you can't possibly know what they would be like as managers or even whether they want to be managers. I can't fathom why any Rovers fan would specifically suggest Ryan Mason for example, it is such a bizarre and random shout.

No I have throw together sensible and realistic shortlist together of potential names whether you want a British manager, head coach with background in youth development or a overseas manager but with championship manager. 

You are quick to have a moan about my suggestions without coming up with your own which is frank doesn't surprise with yourself cos that your track record. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You are so quick to moan and dismiss someone point of view who is season ticket holder and very passionate Rovers fan. 

What the club means to the fans, the history of the club, etc. 

But Ainsworth knows the club and what the clubs to the fans from his days here as players. 

No I have throw together sensible and realistic shortlist together of potential names whether you want a British manager, head coach with background in youth development or a overseas manager but with championship manager. 

You are quick to have a moan about my suggestions without coming up with your own which is frank doesn't surprise with yourself cos that your track record. 

What relevance does that in bold have?

Make the fans happy by winning games, all this "knows the club" shite is just a cliche, it means nothing.

I don't understand where the idea of Ryan Mason has come from, or why you would randomly suggest a bloke who has managed 7 senior games, it just seems random.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What relevance does that in bold have?

Make the fans happy by winning games, all this "knows the club" shite is just a cliche, it means nothing.

I don't understand where the idea of Ryan Mason has come from, or why you would randomly suggest a bloke who has managed 7 senior games, it just seems random.

cos that what I am and that your posting attitude is so quick to dismiss a different point of opinion and 

That to your opinion is just a cliche but to others it not. I want to a passionate person in the dugout next season who understand the fans, what the clubs means to us, understand the history of the club. Yes Results do matter at the end of the day but I have enough of Mowbray in the dugout and his dour attitude there. They was zero passion from him yesterday or in recent games. 

Where are your suggestions then? you don't suggest any again even tho I have for some sensible and realistic suggestions, but you are very quick to slammed me for my suggestions tho. 

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

cos that what I am and that your posting attitude is so quick to dismiss a different point of opinion and 

That to your opinion is just a cliche but to others it not. I want to a passionate person in the dugout next season who understand the fans, what the clubs means to us, understand the history of the club. Yes Results do matter at the end of the day but I have enough of Mowbray in the dugout and his dour attitude there. They was zero passion from him yesterday or in recent games. 

Where are your suggestions then? you don't suggest any again even tho I have for some sensible and realistic suggestions, but you are very quick to slammed me for my suggestions tho. 

I think what roversfan99 was saying, is the fact you are a season ticket holder, does not make your point anymore relevent than if you were not a season ticket holder. You really did not have to mention it to make your view known.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rigger said:

I think what roversfan99 was saying, is the fact you are a season ticket holder, does not make your point anymore relevent than if you were not a season ticket holder. You really did not have to mention it to make your view known.

and my point was he is so very quick and dismissive on someone opinion 

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I’m thinking more “ 19th Nervous Breakdown “ if they give him another contract !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolly blue said:

Many interesting words from many long long suffering fans….and I respect those who still “ follow “ away from hone .  Clearly, yesterday was a bridge too far for many …but, after 60 years of following, my pain yesterday was low… I have been numbed by Mowbray/ Venkys / weak players who have little if any pride in the shirt… I felt nothing …and I felt better for it . 

Until we as a club and a town are rid of the parasites, the suckers of life , pride and decency…we are a what we are …a broken club , without crutches crawling our way down the football pyramid. 

Ive spent many days at Stanley this year….it’s not the same because it’s not my club but I witness effort, pride , transparency and people who appreciate support…..until we go “ to the wall “…eg Bolton, Blackpool , Bury….we are finished.

Venkys ruined my love of Rovers and Mowbray had killed any love of football….but, remember… he’ll never be a burden 🤬

That’s why I get so much out of my part  time pro Rugby League team. The level of commitment is immense. They put more effort into running at the tackle bags in the warm up routine than some of our players put into a game ! There was bone crunching tackles going on all over the pitch yesterday, all for about £200 a game. Real lads not imposters.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Do you really believe 3/4 posters attitudes on brfcs are impacting company policy under some rock in Pune? Enough to encourage them to keep Mowbray and potentially offer him an extension? 

Is that really what you’re saying?

Edited by Gav

According to Mowbray he was about to take Edun off at HT but was yellow carded 4 minutes before the break. Really Tony?? We will never know. Edun was short of match practice having not played since January but was thrown into a must win game.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

According to Mowbray he was about to take Edun off at HT but was yellow carded 4 minutes before the break. Really Tony?? We will never know. Edun was short of match practice having not played since January but was thrown into a must win game.

Weird decision to play Edun.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, booth said:

Weird decision to play Edun.

Like many times this season. I’ll look at the team sheet and think “why’s he done that?” But I say nothing.  And guess what? I always end up right my gut instinct is always right. Edun jumped out at me on the team sheet and instantly I thought ohhh no. Just because he’s been thrown in like that.

I keep harping back to the Wigan game but I I do think it was the turning point. He messed about with the team and it completely out everything off kilter after that. Might only be one game but it didn’t half break what run we had for morale. 

• Like 4

Edun was so stupid to get especially that second yellow card, he would probably argue that it was rustiness that saw him lose the ball initially but why youd even give the ref a decision to make is stupidity. Edun hasnt impressed me so far, he was a clear weak point at left back and has been marginally better in midfield but he really cost us yesterday. 

@starscascade that Wigan selection was actually a strong team, far stronger than people had predicted. Goalkeeper was the obvious costly exception, and even then, Pears had kept a few clean sheets just before.

6 hours ago, Gav said:

Do you really believe 3/4 posters attitudes on brfcs are impacting company policy under some rock in Pune? Enough to encourage them to keep Mowbray and potentially offer him an extension? 

Is that really what you’re saying?

Add in the plebs on the LT, FB and SM in general and there is a group presence which Pasha, Waggott and Mowbray can tap into.

Will 3 or 4 poor miss guided souls on here make an impact with Venky's, no not ever directly, but via the 3 amigos .....just added fodder.

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Peterborough Utd (a) - 15/4/22
  • Herbie6590 unpinned this topic
6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Add in the plebs on the LT, FB and SM in general and there is a group presence which Pasha, Waggott and Mowbray can tap into.

Will 3 or 4 poor miss guided souls on here make an impact with Venky's, no not ever directly, but via the 3 amigos .....just added fodder.

I think I get off quite lightly on the social media side if things, I only read this site. Maybe that’s why I find some of the views on here over the top, if I was across all platforms it probably wouldn’t be so strange to read, but I think I’ll save  my sanity and stick to just here.

50 minutes ago, Gav said:

I think I get off quite lightly on the social media side if things, I only read this site. Maybe that’s why I find some of the views on here over the top, if I was across all platforms it probably wouldn’t be so strange to read, but I think I’ll save  my sanity and stick to just here.

Yes, I also personally avoid SM and indeed the LT comments section so my view on them is based on posts from here. These days this MB. a bit from News Now and the Club website are my 'sources'. God help me!

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1