BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Peterborough Utd (a) - 15/4/22

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You cannot dissolved the players of any of the responsible of this current form and They need fair share of the blame. Where is the passion from the players in recent games cos I have seen none. It is simple not good enough and the last 2 games have felt like pre-season games at times. 

Depend on that club and who it is. 

I can't see Venkys letting Mowbray go to India at all. Mowbray has been very clearly that no contract talks have taken place and given that Pasha is here. If we don't go up then I don't see any new contract for him. Mowbray and the players have not been good enough over the season and the last 3 months form has been utter and totally disappointment and I am still annoyed/angry right now cos I know we have blow out bet chance of going up in years. Mowbray has not been good enough and we need a new man in the 1st team managerial seat for next season. 

U mean absolve.  Dissolve means turn them into liquid

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, booth said:

“We can build on the success of last year…”

I’m guessing he’ll omit to mention we will need to buy half a squad in order to avoid a relegation scrap, never mind promotion.

And lose quite a few season ticket holders like me

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You cannot absolve the players of any of the responsible of this current form and They need fair share of the blame. Where is the passion from the players in recent games cos I have seen none. It is simple not good enough and the last 2 games have felt like pre-season games at times. 

Depend on that club and who it is. 

I can't see Venkys letting Mowbray go to India at all. Mowbray has been very clearly that no contract talks have taken place and given that Pasha is here. If we don't go up then I don't see any new contract for him. Mowbray and the players have not been good enough over the season and the last 3 months form has been utter and totally disappointment and I am still annoyed/angry right now cos I know we have blow out bet chance of going up in years. Mowbray has not been good enough and we need a new man in the 1st team managerial seat for next season. 

Ahh we missed Mowbray's plan, you see the venky's offered £750k to the payers if we won promotion, but Wiley old tony will say look I saved you that promotion money so where's my new contract. Would be sad if true but you never know

Apart from Mowbray singlehandedly wrecking our promotion hopes, I am also dismayed at the players. 

Why on earth did Brereton try to con the ref with a pathetic attempt to win a free kick. The ref rightly ignored it it and it led directly to their equaliser. You'd have thought they would have learnt from their embarrassing efforts which led to 9 minutes injury time at Coventry. Just play the game and concentrate on the basics. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I have to take exception with this, as Blackburn Rovers supporters we should NEVER expect promotion, we've had 5/6 in 50yrs.

Clubs like Wednesday, Sunderland, Pompey and Ipswich also have the biggest budgets, but can't get promoted, it was an achievement, one that will last in the memory for the rest of my life thats for sure. 

But thats doesn't take away from current goings on.

I have to take exception right back. You don't need to get promoted when you're in the top flight. That knocks a bunch of those years off for starters. We have spent what, 3 or 4 seasons in the third tier in our entire history, nearly 150 years now. Just because someone else failed worse doesn't make what he did some major achievement. It was good solid work, that's about it.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, BlueBro said:

Apart from Mowbray singlehandedly wrecking our promotion hopes, I am also dismayed at the players. 

Why on earth did Brereton try to con the ref with a pathetic attempt to win a free kick. The ref rightly ignored it it and it led directly to their equaliser. You'd have thought they would have learnt from their embarrassing efforts which led to 9 minutes injury time at Coventry. Just play the game and concentrate on the basics. 

Dunno why BB dives anymore, not worked all season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Fear not - Dolan has just told us on Instagram that they’ll be giving everything for the final four matches. I was worried for a minute.

Wont help

Forest, Luton, Huddersfield Will take play off place. Sheff and boro to fight for last place

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I have to take exception right back. You don't need to get promoted when you're in the top flight. That knocks a bunch of those years off for starters.

We aren’t in the top flight and haven’t been for a decade, you may have been brought up on Premiership football, most of us have not. 

Every promotion should be celebrated, even if some supports believe it’s below us.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, neophox said:

Last 16 games

14 points

3 wins

5 draws

8 losses

Relegation form

And in 4 months we'll be playing without at least 6 of the errr...good/better/less crap players of the squad. 

Imagine what those stats could look like then?

Imagine the goals for column when we lose our key attacking threats? We're bobbins at hitting the net now! 

It's really depressing me. 

2 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

"We'll end up where we end up, we'll get the points we get".

Said so flippantly as if those things don't matter and aren't important. That's the whole point of football. To finish as high as you can and get as many points as you can. The question is, if he's brushing those things aside, what exactly is important to him then? That we 'try' to win matches? Just try? Or is it this myth that has built that he is a developmental coach now?

The "they're on the floor" line basically means "don't be too hard on them".

A fraud and one of the worst managers we have ever had.

One of the worst? I can name six worse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I left the match early today in disgust - and I've never done that in my life before

We didn't deserve to be 1-0 up but even with that luck we couldn't hang on to it. Posh applied the slightest bit of pressure and we just fell apart. It was pathetic to watch and just so predictable

I won't be going to another away match for a very long time

I've stopped going.

15 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

One of the worst? I can name six worse.

Yes. I’ve only been following the team since 1992 but Harford, Kidd, Ince, Kean, Appleton, Coyle were all definitely worse.

Mowbray does however need to go. Remember January/February time when he was linked with the vacant Ipswich and WBA jobs? I don’t know how serious the links were but how perfect would it have been for them to have paid us a little compensation back then and us to have been forced to get a new manager in for the last 3/4 months who couldn’t have done any worse? 

Does anybody remember the game against QPR back in Feb? 

That day ALL the players put in 100% effort, intensity and energy. 

Since then i dont know what has happened but the intensity and effort just hasnt been there! 

We can blame Mowbray all we want but a lot of players are just turning up and going through the motions!!