BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Peterborough Utd (a) - 15/4/22

It should be an active off-season. Replace mgr, & his team; several of our better players are out of contract, they must be replaced; four loaners (two of whom are our better players) must be replaced, etc. 

Maybe we need a load of unfamiliar faces. Maybe who we have now are too willing to embrace mediocrity. We are a young enough club, but right now, I would take even younger players, managed by a younger, hungrier manager. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Dack has been a complete passenger since coming back apart for one header, Gallagher is useless and Brereton back to being more of a liability than a threat. Giles doesn’t care, Buckley and Dolan have regressed, the back three have fallen apart and Kaminski couldn’t find his arse in the dark. The miracle is this lot won as many as they did.

When I mentioned that Dack looked a passenger for the U23s, I was berated and told that he was not putting effort in because he was only playing kids.

• Like 3

Anyone surprised?  Another disgraceful officiating performance.  Why does he let go pushes in the back that were way worse than the "push" against Diaz he used to disallow the goal.  Pre-empting both Posh's goals were fouls on our lads.

Edun two yellows, soft both.  Foul on Gallagher open route to goal not even given.  Foul on Dolan by the area waved away to see a softy given to Posh for falling down shortly after.  I am sick to death if iur games being decided by the men in the middle.

Please Venkies get rid of this clown now.  Really honestly Venkies, do you have even the Moggiest idea what is going on?

• Like 1

I'm puzzled by the first sub of taking off Nyambe for Johnson, unless injured. The obvious and least disruptive thing to do, it seems to me, admittedly, not having seen the game, is go 5-3-1, drop Buckley into midfield and take Gallagher off for Johnson. Or, go 4-4-1, Giles left wing, Wharton left back or bring on Pickering and, again, taking off a forward.

Nyambe, for all his weaknesses, is our fastest defender. That said, the way this team is sinking, I can't be confident of it making a definite difference.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, oneandycrawford said:

What a result!!! Hornets that is - not the shambles at P'boro!! 

Yeah brilliant game. It was nip and tuck with 25 minutes to go. Then we had a player red carded for a nothing incident. Hornets players have got something beating under the badge though and they got stuck in to the task. After that we ran away with the game in spite of the sending off.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

6 minutes ago, toogs said:

He was probably shouted down at the time and told to “give Mowbray a chance ffs etc etc”. 

He deserves his badge. 

It was more give him the summer let’s see what he can do. Nothing happens…Can’t possibly sack a manager 10 games into the new season give him to Christmas…it would be crazy to sack a manager with all the important fixtures round Xmas let’s see what he can do in January…players need time to bed in let’s see where we are at Easter. Then dolloping around the usual 11th-15th zone of terror…only 5-10 games left would be pointless to sack him now…let’s see what he can do in the summer.

Repeat. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Can't fault his effort and enthusiasm but Dolan is so limited. Nosebleeds the further up the pitch he gets. Mind going 100mph. Calm down.

When he signed, I thought he had loads of promise, full of energy, really quick, but doesn't get his head up enough, doesn't seem to spot a pass and runs into trouble too much. I thought, with some really good coaching, he could be great. A couple of years later, he doesn't look like he's improved much, if at all. 

• Like 1

Just now, FudgeDredd said:

When he signed, I thought he had loads of promise, full of energy, really quick, but doesn't get his head up enough, doesn't seem to spot a pass and runs into trouble too much. I thought, with some really good coaching, he could be great. A couple of years later, he doesn't look like he's improved much, if at all. 

his weaknesses are nothing that can`t be coached,matt jansen was the same until souness got hold of him,not saying they are the same ability wise but dolan definately has potential,however i don`t think mowbray has improved one single player while he`s been here

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Funnily enough the backers are quietly shuffling out the back door now, nowhere to be seen as they realise they cocked up and mowbray had deceived them all these years 

They’ll be back from their cave on Monday, resurrected.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The players should know how to defend and currently our defence is woeful. 

Take the players take some responsible for their pathetic performance in recent weeks. 

I’m talking about the players over the season. These lads are what they are. 

This isn’t down to them. It’s down to the guy who assembled and managed them.

57 minutes ago, J*B said:

He should have been sacked three years ago when there was only about 10 of us on here that could see he didn’t have it in him to take us to the next level. 

🤣

Was that in the promotion season after the Southend game? 

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I fear for next Season,I really do.

i know it sounds the nuclear option but id`e take administration and relegation to get rid of the current regime,we need to get back to being a proper football that resinates with the community,remember,there will always be a rovers,wherever we play

• Like 8

Rovers have taken just 11 points from their last 14 matches.

Yet Mowbray said: “I’m not really interested, it’s about the team trying to win football matches and we didn’t manage to do that.

“We’ll end up where we end up, we’ll get the points we get, they’re on the floor at the moment and we’ll have to pick up them up in the next few games and we have to perform better."

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i know it sounds the nuclear option but id`e take administration and relegation to get rid of the current regime,we need to get back to being a proper football that resinates with the community,remember,there will always be a rovers,wherever we play

Didnt do Bolton any harm ..Albeit they were very fortunate with Bury being in the same boat ...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Have you been following my posts simongarner?

I agree with you 100% - Its the only way this club progresses.

• Like 5