BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Peterborough Utd (a) - 15/4/22

2 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

Yes. I’ve only been following the team since 1992 but Harford, Kidd, Ince, Kean, Appleton, Coyle were all definitely worse.

Mowbray does however need to go. Remember January/February time when he was linked with the vacant Ipswich and WBA jobs? I don’t know how serious the links were but how perfect would it have been for them to have paid us a little compensation back then and us to have been forced to get a new manager in for the last 3/4 months who couldn’t have done any worse? 

Personally, none of the managers you mentioned have made me stop going. Mowbray has.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Ahh we missed Mowbray's plan, you see the venky's offered £750k to the payers if we won promotion, but Wiley old tony will say look I saved you that promotion money so where's my new contract. Would be sad if true but you never know

Nah, he's done this in almost every season at every club he's been a manager.

TonyFuckwitt-small.png.5791ce95364c55a5a598c661ea0b6b15.png

• Like 2

Numerous posts putting Kean, yes *Ke*n*(!) above the present incumbent, you know the scumbag that played a major role in destroying this football club, and even now we are still seeing the rubble of his nefarious period at the club…

think it’s time for bed for a few on here.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

I don’t want to come across as sticking up for Mowbray but why did you continue to go under Kean and Coyle but not now? 

with kean you knew sooner or later he was so incompetent that the sack would surely come,same with coyle,mowbray has some weird kind of possesion at ewood andover some ,it`s as if he has convinced everyone he`s irreplaceable

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Numerous posts putting Kean, yes *Kean*(!) above Mowbray, you know the bloke that played a major role in destroying this football club, and even now we are still seeing the fallout of his nefarious period at the club…

think it’s time for bed for a few on here.

Yeah, some are being daft. Kean was the lowest of the low. It was a living nightmare and I hope I don't ever witness anything like it.

I was just having a chat about this myth that we had loads of debt before Venkys turned up. £21m was the debt.

Kean and friends weasled their way in and in 2020 it hit £156m. Someone did well.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

with kean you knew sooner or later he was so incompetent that the sack would surely come,same with coyle,mowbray has some weird kind of possesion at ewood andover some ,it`s as if he has convinced everyone he`s irreplaceable

It doesn't take much convincing, some people think Venkys are irreplaceable.

The hardest thing to deal with for me is the total detachment from reality that a section of our fanbase has.

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

Yes. I’ve only been following the team since 1992 but Harford, Kidd, Ince, Kean, Appleton, Coyle were all definitely worse.

Mowbray does however need to go. Remember January/February time when he was linked with the vacant Ipswich and WBA jobs? I don’t know how serious the links were but how perfect would it have been for them to have paid us a little compensation back then and us to have been forced to get a new manager in for the last 3/4 months who couldn’t have done any worse? 

Coyle appleton kidd Ince were barely here for over a year. Some less. Mowbray has had 5 years. How can we judge a manager on such a short space of time compared to the luxury Mowbray has been afforded?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

I don’t want to come across as sticking up for Mowbray but why did you continue to go under Kean and Coyle but not now? 

Kean and Coyle were bad for the Rovers. Mowbray is self indulgent and I cannot listen to a word he says. It is my make-up that I would fight against the former, but just stay out of the way of the latter. I have been going since 1969, even through Jim Iley, so I have had experience of both good and bad managers

39 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

All of those managers bar Kean where potted once it was clear that things weren't working and the players weren't responding to them, Mowbray on the other hand is still here 3 years later!

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, tugayislegend said:

Does anybody remember the game against QPR back in Feb? 

That day ALL the players put in 100% effort, intensity and energy. 

Since then i dont know what has happened but the intensity and effort just hasnt been there! 

We can blame Mowbray all we want but a lot of players are just turning up and going through the motions!!

Both he and they have bottled it it's as simple as that and it's a collective thing.

This seasons best spells were built on hard graft, pressing, getting after teams and not being intimidated by anyone post Fulham. A basic system was applied that suited this group of players but in recent times we've gone off kilter. He has reverted to type over cautious and worried about trying to outfox opposition with silly selections.

Today was a prime example as was Derby 1st half and Coventry 1st half, he has no bottle and prefers his teams to plod through first halves hoping to nick something or get in 0-0. We've seen it all before and that's mostly how lge 1 promotion was gained. He tried it last season being possession based and now whilst it isn't back to that totally they've clearly been instructed to slow it down. Hang onto the ball across the back. pass it backwards from the middle and look to hit the channels.

It doesn't work and doesn't suit this team but yes as you say too many aren't putting in the shift but what's he saying to them ? His unambitious nature is bound to rub off as will them being told he's happy with them despite results, only weeks after he's questioned them and blamed it all on them.

They've all lost the plot but he's the leader and the man who should take responsibility for all the messing with the team. He doesn't and never has but good managers do if they want to protect their side from pressure. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Coyle appleton kidd Ince were barely here for over a year. Some less. Mowbray has had 5 years. How can we judge a manager on such a short space of time compared to the luxury Mowbray has been afforded?

Yes but although Mowbray shouldn’t have lasted as long as he has, he lasted longer than all those managers because he was doing a better job then they did 

6 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

Yes but although Mowbray shouldn’t have lasted as long as he has, he lasted longer than all those managers because he was doing a better job then they did 

That does not mean he is doing a good enough job. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Kean wasn't sacked? Amazing that people still think he was!

• Like 5

Kean should not be brought into a conversation about any of our other managers, previous or current.

Doing it now just deflects away from how useless Mowbray is.

Usually my dodgydottv stream is good but today it was as bad as we apparently were. I got to see all the goals, Brereton offering his arse but that's about it.

If I have absolutely nothing else to do today I will catch the full replay but might just pick my nose or practice falling over like a Chilean donkey.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Both he and they have bottled it it's as simple as that and it's a collective thing.

This seasons best spells were built on hard graft, pressing, getting after teams and not being intimidated by anyone post Fulham. A basic system was applied that suited this group of players but in recent times we've gone off kilter. He has reverted to type over cautious and worried about trying to outfox opposition with silly selections.

Today was a prime example as was Derby 1st half and Coventry 1st half, he has no bottle and prefers his teams to plod through first halves hoping to nick something or get in 0-0. We've seen it all before and that's mostly how lge 1 promotion was gained. He tried it last season being possession based and now whilst it isn't back to that totally they've clearly been instructed to slow it down. Hang onto the ball across the back. pass it backwards from the middle and look to hit the channels.

It doesn't work and doesn't suit this team but yes as you say too many aren't putting in the shift but what's he saying to them ? His unambitious nature is bound to rub off as will them being told he's happy with them despite results, only weeks after he's questioned them and blamed it all on them.

They've all lost the plot but he's the leader and the man who should take responsibility for all the messing with the team. He doesn't and never has but good managers do if they want to protect their side from pressure. 

The big difference for me in the second half of the season is the midfield. Travis, Rothwell and Buckley were an excellent midfield trio before Christmas. Travis has probably gone from the weakest link in that trio to the strongest as the team’s form has dipped. Rothwell has been less dominant since January and Buckley is struggling to have the same impact and although Mowbray and analysts will tell us he was a false 9 when we were on a winning streak, my perception is that his average position was deeper than it has been since January. First half today the defence had to go direct because a central midfielder was not giving a viable alternative. Buckley and Rothwell’s decline has also led to us not pressing as effectively 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, all you need is duff said:

The big difference for me in the second half of the season is the midfield. Travis, Rothwell and Buckley were an excellent midfield trio before Christmas. Travis has probably gone from the weakest link in that trio to the strongest as the team’s form has dipped. Rothwell has been less dominant since January and Buckley is struggling to have the same impact and although Mowbray and analysts will tell us he was a false 9 when we were on a winning streak, my perception is that his average position was deeper than it has been since January. First half today the defence had to go direct because a central midfielder was not giving a viable alternative. Buckley and Rothwell’s decline has also led to us not pressing as effectively 

The big difference for me is we had a few players out so TM decided to completely fuck with the team rather than just swap like for like and bring in some cover for BBD. Then he forgot what made them successful in the first place. He did pretty much the same last season. His persistence in playing Gallagher means that most of the time we're playing with ten men.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

That’s why not bringing in a midfield player in January has hurt us.

24 minutes ago, booth said:

Yeah, some are being daft. Kean was the lowest of the low. It was a living nightmare and I hope I don't ever witness anything like it.

I was just having a chat about this myth that we had loads of debt before Venkys turned up. £21m was the debt.

Kean and friends weasled their way in and in 2020 it hit £156m. Someone did well.

Don't understand the above post. Half of the debt has accrued under Mowbray's insipid five and a bit years in charge.

Why is that Kean's or anyone else's fault?

• Like 5