BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Peterborough Utd (a) - 15/4/22

3 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Rovers have taken just 11 points from their last 14 matches.

Yet Mowbray said: “I’m not really interested, it’s about the team trying to win football matches and we didn’t manage to do that.

“We’ll end up where we end up, we’ll get the points we get, they’re on the floor at the moment and we’ll have to pick up them up in the next few games and we have to perform better."

Sick of hearing all the bullshit that comes out of Ewood. That goes for the players as well.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Mate I wanted him sacked after the Charlton game in League 1 where he didn’t play his strongest team because we where already promoted and Wigan lost. If we would have won we would have won the league. His rationale for it was along the lines of “nobody will remember whether we won the league or not”. 

That sums him up perfectly.

His shoulder shrugging 'seen it all before' mentality is enough to make me vomit. No club on earth would continue with it if they had any slight shred of ambition.

As for those still living off the lge 1 promotion for gods sake give up even Bowyer got Blackpool promoted. They were a far bigger mess than our lot despite what some would try and make out.

• Like 9

Just now, tomphil said:

That sums him up perfectly.

His shoulder shrugging 'seen it all before' mentality is enough to make me vomit. No club on earth would continue with it if they had any slight shred of ambition.

As for those still living off the lge 1 promotion for gods sake give up even Bowyer got Blackpool promoted. They were a far bigger mess than our lot despite what some would try and make out.

We had the highest budget in the history of League 1. It’s not an achievement, it’s expected. 

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Rovers have taken just 11 points from their last 14 matches.

Yet Mowbray said: “I’m not really interested, it’s about the team trying to win football matches and we didn’t manage to do that.

“We’ll end up where we end up, we’ll get the points we get, they’re on the floor at the moment and we’ll have to pick up them up in the next few games and we have to perform better."

As many have said - worst Rovers manager in some time.

If I met him in the street I'd be locked up.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

As many have said - worst Rovers manager in some time.

If I met him in the street I'd be locked up.

'Look i'm just trying to win football matches all i want is the goalie to kick it down field and Gallagher to run in at the back stick an stick it in the net. Now if you strike me just for that you won't be a good human and i may drop to the floor or have to go to hospital. I'll end up where i end up'

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, FudgeDredd said:

When he signed, I thought he had loads of promise, full of energy, really quick, but doesn't get his head up enough, doesn't seem to spot a pass and runs into trouble too much. I thought, with some really good coaching, he could be great. A couple of years later, he doesn't look like he's improved much, if at all. 

The missing ingredient has been the really good coaching you mentioned.

Just now, tomphil said:

'Look i'm just trying to win football matches all i want is the goalie to kick it down field and Gallagher to run in at the back stick an stick it in the net. Now if you strike me just for that you won't be a good human and i may drop to the floor or have to go to hospital. I'll end up where i end up'

'People seem obsessed with standing up these days, but I think the style with which I fall down is more important. I'm not a standing-up-based manager.'

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

'People seem obsessed with standing up these days, but I think the style with which I fall down is more important. I'm not a standing-up-based manager.'

Which is apt because it's about this time in the season when he becomes rooted to his seat looking like someone shit in his cereal.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Silas said:

Imagine working in a high paying job where you get away with talking about targets like that.

It's basically saying - "I don't give a shit about the results I produce, what you gonna do about it?!"

I'd have been sacked from most of my previous jobs for failing to hit the targets, I'd definitely been sacked if I talked that way about them.

Easy street doesn't begin to cover it. 

It’s not surprising from a man who during his latest fad of pointless possession across the back 4 would arrogantly say he’s not a results based manager but a performance related one.

The irony being that possession football as a spectacle was up there as horrendous as anything fat Sam ever served up. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2

He needs to go! He should have gone last season after that disgusting no win in 18 or whatever it was. 
He salted the fans and said he’d leave when he became a burden…….that was a while ago yet he’s still here spouting his boring tripe. 

i believe he is holding us back. We aren’t overachieving. We have good players who all now want out due to the sheer mediocrity we accept.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

He needs to go! He should have gone last season after that disgusting no win in 18 or whatever it was. 
He salted the fans and said he’d leave when he became a burden…….that was a while ago yet he’s still here spouting his boring tripe. 

i believe he is holding us back. We aren’t overachieving. We have good players who all now want out due to the sheer mediocrity we accept.

To be fair to them I want to fucking leave while he's in charge.

33 minutes ago, J*B said:

We had the highest budget in the history of League 1. It’s not an achievement, it’s expected. 

I have to take exception with this, as Blackburn Rovers supporters we should NEVER expect promotion, we've had 5/6 in 50yrs.

Clubs like Wednesday, Sunderland, Pompey and Ipswich also have the biggest budgets, but can't get promoted, it was an achievement, one that will last in the memory for the rest of my life thats for sure. 

But thats doesn't take away from current goings on.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

iv`e never quite known a manager like mowbray,he`s like a betting colleague i knew,every day he`d have a different system for picking winners,incredibly one of them started to earn him a fair few quid,what does he do,he changed betting plans and lost  all the money he earned from the  previous plan,he truly was the tony mowbray of the shop😀

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Credit to the fans that have travelled to watch them. You’re the backbone of this club and don’t deserve the shite that you’re being served up. I implore you to save your money for the rest of the season, the cost of living is sky rocketing and Mowbray, Waggott, Venkys and the contract refusing squad do not deserve your support. 

Harsh but true.

• Like 1

Reading through the lines, interpretation of mowbrays interview 

I don’t really give a shit, I have been paid handsomely for years and nobody gives a shit if we do well or not. Il turn up and do the necessaries, il go home and not think about the club one iota , il come in for my pay cheque , do I really want the hassle of a promotion, not really, I will live and die in the championship , it’s what I’m used to, the fans are mainly idiots and can’t see through this so I will continue with the we tried hard and go again routine , that’s all they need , now where is my next contract to sign, must be in the post somewhere, not that arsed, il sign it when it’s necessary. Time for tea and bed. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Reading through the lines, interpretation of mowbrays interview 

I don’t really give a shit, I have been paid handsomely for years and nobody gives a shit if we do well or not. Il turn up and do the necessaries, il go home and not think about the club one iota , il come in for my pay cheque , do I really want the hassle of a promotion, not really, I will live and die in the championship , it’s what I’m used to, the fans are mainly idiots and can’t see through this so I will continue with the we tried hard and go again routine , that’s all they need , now where is my next contract to sign, must be in the post somewhere, not that arsed, il sign it when it’s necessary. Time for tea and bed. 

He does give a shit, but only to deflect any inadequacy in himself as he's thinking of the next place he'll steal a living from.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

I have to take exception with this, as Blackburn Rovers supporters we should NEVER expect promotion, we've had 5/6 in 50yrs.

Clubs like Wednesday, Sunderland, Pompey and Ipswich also have the biggest budgets, but can't get promoted, it was an achievement, one that will last in the memory for the rest of my life thats for sure. 

Strip it right back, ignore the football. In what other professional world can you have the highest budget and not be expected to perform the highest? 

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Dack has been a complete passenger since coming back apart for one header, Gallagher is useless and Brereton back to being more of a liability than a threat. Giles doesn’t care, Buckley and Dolan have regressed, the back three have fallen apart and Kaminski couldn’t find his arse in the dark. The miracle is this lot won as many as they did.

In fairness to Dack he also provided a glorious assist to Dolan 

An assist and a goal in the minutes he’s played isn’t a bad return all in all but he does look a good way off fitness 

• Like 1