BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Peterborough Utd (a) - 15/4/22

I left the match early today in disgust - and I've never done that in my life before

We didn't deserve to be 1-0 up but even with that luck we couldn't hang on to it. Posh applied the slightest bit of pressure and we just fell apart. It was pathetic to watch and just so predictable

I won't be going to another away match for a very long time

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Strip it right back, ignore the football. In what other professional world can you have the highest budget and not be expected to perform the highest? 

Plus the budget in this division is often trotted out as a reason we can’t compete at the top. So can’t have it both ways when our budget eclipses everyone else’s in the division.

Something like the 7th season in the clubs history in the third tier. It was embarrassing being there and we did the minimum expected by leaving it. Other clubs past and present should expect the same even though there’s been varying degrees of success. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, booth said:

He does give a shit, but only to deflect any inadequacy in himself as he's thinking of the next place he'll steal a living from.

Mowbray will not walk, he has the skin of a Rhino, only he is right in his own head, his coaching team are as bad, i only hope on Monday there is a better team selection or Mowbray will get pelters from the fans, and i'll be one of them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Strip it right back, ignore the football. In what other professional world can you have the highest budget and not be expected to perform the highest? 

How can you ignore football?

Massive budgets with awful owners and inept execs in every walk of life returns mediocrity and bankruptcy, ask Philip Green, CITI Group, Chrysler, the list is endless.

But we digress.

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

How can you ignore football?

Massive budgets with awful owners and inept execs in every walk of life returns mediocrity and bankruptcy, ask Philip Green, CITI Group, Chrysler, the list is endless.

But we digress.

We agree - the management and execs are awful!

7 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Mowbray will not walk, he has the skin of a Rhino, only he is right in his own head, his coaching team are as bad, i only hope on Monday there is a better team selection or Mowbray will get pelters from the fans, and i'll be one of them.

The away fans were chanting Mowbray is our King today. If the most hardcore fans are still behind him, Ewood isn't turning anytime soon.

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

We agree - the management and execs are awful!

But ultimately the buck stops with the owners, they appoint mediocrity and this doesn't improve until they sod off.

VENKYS OUT!

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

In fairness to Dack he also provided a glorious assist to Dolan 

An assist and a goal in the minutes he’s played isn’t a bad return all in all but he does look a good way off fitness 

Why have footballers  regressed? Because of yer man Mowbray  Plays our most creative midfielder as a false nine since fucking Christmas. The lad hasn't a fucking clue  what he's supposed to be doing or why he's being tasked to do it. Its utter shite and Mowbray has outstayed his welcome and should fuck off tonight. But he won't will he.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

In fairness to Dack he also provided a glorious assist to Dolan 

An assist and a goal in the minutes he’s played isn’t a bad return all in all but he does look a good way off fitness 

Also he’s been played when we’re chasing games. 

14 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

I was talking about the rumoured pre-contract he’s signed elsewhere.

• Like 1

I just want a bit of passion and fire now, it’s just so predictable and depressing. 
Get shot and get Ainsworth, not only would he have the desire and ambition (not just topping up the pension like Tony) but he also deserves the crack, he got Wycombe to the championship and got stung out of keeping them up.

People forget Mowbray had just failed at League 1 Coventry (look at them since) when we got him. He isn’t good enough for our club, he was a 3rd division failure. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

But ultimately the buck stops with the owners, they appoint mediocrity and this doesn't improve until they sod off.

VENKYS OUT!

We’ve been over this before but there’s no way that anyone but vultures would take the club in its present state. Promotion to the PL may have attracted better.

1 minute ago, booth said:

I was talking about the rumoured pre-contract he’s signed elsewhere.

Which the prospective club will now have sent to their solicitors to wriggle out of 😂 

Why would anyone with one iota of ambition want Mowbray?
He’ll be on that plane to India to bullshit his way into a new contract.

Just now, danger19_80 said:

The away fans were chanting Mowbray is our King today. If the most hardcore fans are still behind him, Ewood isn't turning anytime soon.

There was plenty of booing at half-time and I didn't stay long enough to hear any Mowbray out chants at the final whistle but there were alot of unhappy fans when that 2nd goal went in. 

I find it staggering to be honest when people can't see what's staring them in the face 

• Like 5

Just now, martonrover said:

Which the prospective club will now have sent to their solicitors to wriggle out of 😂 

“We can build on the success of last year…”

I’m guessing he’ll omit to mention we will need to buy half a squad in order to avoid a relegation scrap, never mind promotion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, booth said:

We’ve been over this before but there’s no way that anyone but vultures would take the club in its present state. Promotion to the PL may have attracted better.

Yes, I am afraid we’re looking at a rebuild, from the ground up. I cannot see any of the out of contract players staying. 

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

There was plenty of booing at half-time and I didn't stay long enough to hear any Mowbray out chants at the final whistle but there were alot of unhappy fans when that 2nd goal went in. 

I find it staggering to be honest when people can't see what's staring them in the face 

Safe trip home @jim mk2 

You are the rest of the superb support today didn’t deserve that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, den said:

I’m talking about the players over the season. These lads are what they are. 

This isn’t down to them. It’s down to the guy who assembled and managed them.

You cannot absolve the players of any of the responsible of this current form and They need fair share of the blame. Where is the passion from the players in recent games cos I have seen none. It is simple not good enough and the last 2 games have felt like pre-season games at times. 

36 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Depend on that club and who it is. 

I can't see Venkys letting Mowbray go to India at all. Mowbray has been very clearly that no contract talks have taken place and given that Pasha is here. If we don't go up then I don't see any new contract for him. Mowbray and the players have not been good enough over the season and the last 3 months form has been utter and totally disappointment and I am still annoyed/angry right now cos I know we have blow out bet chance of going up in years. Mowbray has not been good enough and we need a new man in the 1st team managerial seat for next season. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 minutes ago, booth said:

“We can build on the success of last year…”

I’m guessing he’ll omit to mention we will need to buy half a squad in order to avoid a relegation scrap, never mind promotion.

Venkys are a gift horse for someone like Mowbray. 

I’m not comparing him to Kean, but he is basically employing the same tactics to preserve his job.

Feeding a load of spin to gullible fools.

10 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Yes, I am afraid we’re looking at a rebuild, from the ground up. I cannot see any of the out of contract players staying. 

This is both true and depressing. What a heart-wrenching away day that was.

Side note: The Weston Homes Stadium is an utter shit-hole.

• Like 1