BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

48 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I’m sure his agent will be calling them.

32 minutes ago, Andy said:

Be surprised if he'd be interested in Rangers.

If he holds out for another few months, a couple of Prem jobs will become available.

Do you really think so ??

3 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Do you really think so ??

I think JDT’s agent will be looking at realistic alternatives.

I don’t think JDT will be anywhere near the top of Rangers wish list, and I certainly can’t see a Premier League club coming in for him.

His brand is clearly now being damaged, which is why I can see him bailing out with a few more defeats.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I think JDT’s agent will be looking at realistic alternatives.

I don’t think JDT will be anywhere near the top of Rangers wish list, and I certainly can’t see a Premier League club coming in for him.

His brand is clearly now being damaged, which is why I can see him bailing out with a few more defeats.

we`ll be able to tell in the next few weeks if he`s completely lost the plot,im`e yet to decipher this bizarre method of everyone piling forwards and leaving the middle of the park vacant

maybe he`s trying to get sacked

has he lost interest

will he adjust and get us more balanced

24 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Warnock , wouldn't be a bad shout !

Highly unlikely they would appoint the right person for the job...

He'd never come here after what they did to him pre-Coyle.

Would do some of them good to get an old school bollocking though.

• Like 1

Last year we struggled to score goals even with Dack and Brereton hence our minus goal difference. We are weaker in that sense so putting more bodies forward and pressing is the tactics to address the lack of goals. We don't score, we don't win.

Key is getting the first goal and stop giving away the cheap early goals. 

21 minutes ago, Southside Rover said:

Last year we struggled to score goals even with Dack and Brereton hence our minus goal difference. We are weaker in that sense so putting more bodies forward and pressing is the tactics to address the lack of goals. We don't score, we don't win.

Key is getting the first goal and stop giving away the cheap early goals. 

What is strange given the above is the way we play at the moment with throwing everyone forward at the slightest opportunity is really raising the chances we concede early.

We should be prioritising defence and choosing our moments to commit. 

8 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I think if anything he will leave of his own accord. He seems truly deflated - I spoke to him on Wednesday and he was chirpy as anything totally the opposite today.

If he leaves at the moment he will in one fell swoop lose millions in compensation and have seriously damaged his reputation weakening his hand to find a new role better or equivalent to here. There's a lot of managers out there and not that many jobs. 

He isn't going anywhere imo.

6 hours ago, davulsukur said:

The Daily record had him at 28/1 for the next Rangers manager. Behind names like Bielsa, potter, Hasenhuttl, march, Muscat.

Not sure if they'll go for JDT but you never know. 

No way in hell he'd turn them down if approached.

Few things are more pointless than next manager betting markets. There's so little liquidity in them and such close monitoring from bookmakers that any small bets shift the market considerably.

• Backroom
8 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Mental no one EVER kicked off at Mowbray for doing shite constantly, yet JDT getting pelters for a much shitter team.

In fairness, I think most posters (rightly) gave Mowbray stick for 2 years from the first death spiral just before Covid.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Mental no one EVER kicked off at Mowbray for doing shite constantly, yet JDT getting pelters for a much shitter team.

Eh? Mowbray was getting absolute pelters for most of his last year or 2 on here and on social media. He got far more criticism (including from me) than JDT is getting currently. 

I would say JDT has had an easy ride so far from fans and pundits. The football last season started with dreadful performances with decent points return and ended with better football but with a poor return. This season has continued in that vein.

He is rightly coming into some criticism now, his reputation well exceeds his performance at rovers so far in my view.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Andy said:

Be surprised if he'd be interested in Rangers.

If he holds out for another few months, a couple of Prem jobs will become available.

He'd snap their hands off if offered the job there.

He'd leave Rovers' for any club who could provide him with any sort of backing you'd expect.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we`ll be able to tell in the next few weeks if he`s completely lost the plot,im`e yet to decipher this bizarre method of everyone piling forwards and leaving the middle of the park vacant

maybe he`s trying to get sacked

has he lost interest

will he adjust and get us more balanced

That’s what I thought. He is so fed up, he wants to get sacked with a pay off.

11 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

For me all Rovers need is a finisher. Wr have created chance after chance that goes begging. A half decent forward would have bagged 15 goals this season such is the multitude of chances. 

I agree, with a decent striker results could have been so much different - which begs the question, why play this way without a decent striker - it's not going to work.

Same last season when we constantly tried to walk the ball out of defence when we didn't have defenders who were capable of doing it.

In both cases we are not playing to our strengths - the opposite in fact.