BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

6 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Nonsense.

The owners and the executives aren't responsible for performances on the pitch. That the job of Tomasson, who has to pick the team and formation and get the players ready for the match. It's also his job to coach the players - and therein lies the problem.

Tomasson is too dogmatic in that he has Rovers playing only one way - a high tempo, pressing, passing game that is pleasing on the eye and takes apart similar teams such as Norwich but comes unstuck against strong, well-drilled and organised team like Preston. He needs to be more pragmatic - changing tactics to suit different teams. 

Both are true.

JDT is too one dimensional and we fail to change things up when needed. 

But to do this you need players you can bring on at the right time during a match. We barely have 15 first team players. 

He's done brilliantly with what he's been given to work with.

The problem is, has and always will be the owners.

Could things have been changed up on the night? Of course, managers have to make many decisions in that 90 minutes, JDT got some wrong. 

But we will finish outside the play offs because of a small, inexperienced and unbalanced squad, and that is on the owners. The fact we even look towards the top 6 at all is because of JDT, without him we’d be looking the other way.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

If only someone else could step up and shoulder the burden of goalscoring regularly.

There's Szmodics on 13 goals.

Then Sig on 4.

The rest 3 and below.

Maybe someone like Moran can be the man, I reckon he has what it takes. He's now top of our assists chart with 8.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

When he said he'd prefer to win 5-4 he wasn't joking.

It can be frustrating to watch at times but I think his approach is unique. The football, when it clicks, is far better than anything else in the Championship. 

Just think what he could do with a bit of backing!

Theres little alternative but to keep attacking. We dont have experience nor any depth to fully utilise the subs. Some of the attacking play that Tomasson clearly has really developed on the training ground as you say is a joy to watch and can blow teams away. This is being done with his hands tied behind his back. Equally, even when winning comfortably at times, you see immaturity in the team, giving the ball away, big gaps appearing, tired legs with minimal options off the bench.

Its such a shame that Tomasson is having to continue such good work under these restrictions. With adequate depth and experience, the sky would be the limit. 

• Like 5

The chairman of Grimsby Town writes interesting articles for my paper ( The Guardian ) quite often.

Today he writes a very interesting article about the selection process for a new manager. He stresses the need for forward planning. Not something that seems to much in evidence at Ewood Park these days.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

No contract talks to date with JDT: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23982070.tomasson-gives-latest-blackburn-rovers-contract/

"No, there have not been any discussions," Tomasson told The Lancashire Telegraph. "We haven't spoken, I signed a three-year deal when I arrived."

I genuinely think there is more chance of me signing a managerial contract at Rovers than JDT.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

No contract talks to date with JDT: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23982070.tomasson-gives-latest-blackburn-rovers-contract/

"No, there have not been any discussions," Tomasson told The Lancashire Telegraph. "We haven't spoken, I signed a three-year deal when I arrived."

I genuinely think there is more chance of me signing a managerial contract at Rovers than JDT.

If you get the job, can I be your assistant ?

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

would you sign an extension working for the idiots that are running the club,i know i certainly would`nt,jdt far to good a coach to fanny around here in mid table because of the lack of ambition,i hope he goes on to massive success

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Thanks for coming in we’ll be in touch 😂

(it’s a football game people play as manager of a team doing tactics and transfers etc )

So let me get this right, it's a game for people who can't do the real thing. I can see why that would appeal at the Rovers

• Like 1

If I was a director or decision maker and saw the Rovers 0-3 win there, I would be straight on the phone to his agents.

We played a perfect tactical game that day and given the shackles on him, he is performing way above the level he should be right now. 

Stoke will go for Eustace I reckon. 

They spent a bit in the summer by the looks of it, not sure what their expectations are though. If they were willing to back JDT with some January money, could be an option for him. 

He might have eyes higher up the food chain for his next move though.

If they sell him the dream of a promotion push though, could tempt him.