BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 minute ago, Danishfan said:

Or maybe he is just too busy welcoming and having talks with the new players before tomorrows match, and doesn´t want to be asked questions about tranfers, he can´t answer?

Maybe the club is actually looking out for him by avoiding him to have to answer questions about something out of his control?

I don´t know, but it is all very weird. I don´t think JDT will leave right now, unless there has been some sort of serious fall out. I think he will stay for the rest of the season and leave in the summer.

Because if that was the explanation, there is no issue with saying that. It's also been confirmed it's the club's decision, not the managers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

It's hardly a fucking warzone though is it? Typical over-reaction. I'd hate to have work with someone like you. 

Did he not do his research before joining? Fair enough if he's been kept in the dark about the financials and always been the last to know, I'll give him that - but what kind of club did he think he was joining? Either fuck off to Brentford if you want a project or keep your toys in the pram and make us win football matches.

Show me a club outside of the parachute payment pack, and the ones with big matchday revenues, who have totally bossed it in the league regarding transfers. Hull, Ipswich probably. Who is out there? Where are these 15 goal a season strikers and midfield generals for under a mill that everyone is talking about? No, nothing 

The truly sad thing is JDT is the right man at the wrong time - if he would have had our transfer policy under Bowyer, Mowbray etc we'd be in different place. That I will agree on. 

They are two sentences alright. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

If he left now and spoke up he’d GAIN a lot of respect from me 

Yeah me too, but he won't, no one in football does this, or has ever done it. That's why I said what I said.

That's why it's so frustrating, we're getting little snippets here and there.

Yeah it's great he's on the fans side, but we need to win games, why not build a sense of adversity in the dressing room, us vs them.

18 minutes ago, superniko said:

They are two sentences alright. 

You're a clever bastard aren't you - tell me, take our terrible owners, our amateur board away, take them out of the equation and put JDT in a functional club that can spend a little bit more money than we have now, do we play any different? Do we win any more games? How come we always hear about the dressing room atmosphere? 

I totally agree with people on here and am on the man's side if he's been sold a dream that hasn't been realised, then fair enough, but how does it look for our new squad members when it all kicks off on day 1? 

Gonna duck out until we know more, too angry today. 

• Like 1

I can see the headline of JDT resigns over the weekend. He knows as do we the loans with options wont be taken up and it's just cheap sticking plasters. 

Feels like Something big is about to happen In the next few months. Administration, points deductuin and half the staff leaves or along those lines.

Edited by benhben

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, den said:

This might be better here.

As for the transfer window…… well the club have known for quite some time what JDT wanted. He virtually told everyone what he wanted. They had time to plan both the sale of Wharton and the buying, or loaning of suitable targets.

What happened? Well IMO Wharton was sold without his agreement, none of that money was spent (and none will be) and as for the recruitment of players it appears that once again rovers finished up just taking whoever was still available on the last day of business. 

How can any manager, with any ambition whatsoever accept that? It’s not an isolated transfer window for rovers, it happens every time. It will happen again in the summer.

I wouldn’t blame him if he walked. In some ways it might shake Waggott and Co up. I doubt it very much though. There isn’t a born and bred Blackburn Rovers man at the club is there?

Closest is Lynsey Talbot, and I have it on reasonable authority she has only remained through all this shite in the hope that good times return.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

This is the fatal mistake you and others make.

Nobody is complaining because we haven't spent shed loads of cash and signed proven quality players. Nobody demands that.

You are seemingly aligning our ridiculous behaviour with the normal activities of a standard Championship club. We aren't. Don't believe that this is just a normal case of a hard working club like any other struggling against the tide of parachute laden clubs.

That is the line Waggott and the filth want people to believe. They want us to believe that all is normal, standard, routine, typical business for a Championship club. But that isn't the reality.

Going to court every 3 months to pay bills isn't normal.

Not knowing if or what the club's future will be beyond the next court date isn't normal.

Selling players to the tune of £25 million and spending a few hundred grand on kids is not normal.

Setting a summer transfer budget and then slashing it in the middle of the window is not normal.

Telling the manager that things will happen and then repeatedly failing to deliver on it is not normal.

Sending your captain on loan to Ipswich in the first week of the window to save on wages is not normal.

JDT wouldn't have had to deal with any of the above at any other football club, because it doesn't happen elsewhere.

That is a great post to be fair, and that list should be carved out in stone and set outside the Blackburn End for all to see, but I still stand by the fact that the quality of player we're able to attract won't change that much regardless of our owners. I'd love to see the A,B,C list we end up working through to get where we are. 

13 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

It's hardly a fucking warzone though is it? Typical over-reaction. I'd hate to have work with someone like you.

Don't worry, I'd never employ you.

The conditions he's working under are unnacceptable aren't they? I didn't realise it needed to be a warzone to accept that or I'd have tempered my words to make it more understandable. Bit of an over-reaction for someone who dislikes over-reactions by the way!

He has players taken away from him that he feels he requires, then not adequately replaced. He requests signings and doesn't get them. We're on the verge of signing players then either due to ineptitude or the budget being cut, it doesn't happen, or the player is downgraded to a loan. The owners personal problems are impacting the club. He has several people at the club all pulling in different directions.

When he started he was told we were building a side capable of mounting a promotion push.

With all that considered, I'd say he's working under unnacceptable conditions to win football matches

Not fight a war, just to avoid any confusion.

• Like 2

How can 

9 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Seen a tweet.

TBf to Gamst Jones he got a fair amount right on deadline day.

If he's going I'm sure he'd go on his own terms and resign rather than be sacked.

None of this is a surprise though: this window must have been the final straw for him

• Like 3

Nathan is just guessing. If he was to go he'd be gone already. If he loses tomorrow then he could be relieved from his role as results have not been good enough. Nothing concrete to suggest either of these will happen. And Nathan said a new manager in place by the next game. Too quick for that to happen as well

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

the titan of football coaching and man management,the legendary ben benson🙂

Be worth him getting it full time just to read the comments on here . Although I don’t think we could afford a seat booster for the dug out 😂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Away from all the rest of it he does need to start winning some games and although not ideal imo he does now have a larger group to pick from.

It is just that JDT might have to change his approach, with the players he now has (that may not be a bad thing).

• Like 1