BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

There’s hardly been any booing (despite the results, despite the club being in one of its worst states in its history).

There hasn't. Watch them run with this narrative and agenda now though.

'The Rovers players have had to put up with constant booing. The anger of the fans has affected the team on the pitch. If the fans backed the team more, they might be further up the League. It's hard to pick up results in a toxic atmosphere'.

It's coming. The slimy toerag has laid the groundwork for all of that with this stunt.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, J*B said:

Ultimately I decided to go so that I could say my piece and I feel like I did do. Between me and Glen we made it abundantly clear what the problems at this club were and who is at fault… in our opinion, of course. 

Personally I'm glad you were there. I feel very comfortable having you represent 'my views' and the view of the 'fans'

• Like 5

The fans did right in going and saying there piece. I thank and applaud them for it. However you are representing the fan base I.e the rest of us who weren’t there. Trust and transparency have been two of biggest issues. Everything said at that meeting should be shared or you are undoing your own excellent work by basically giving yourself an NDA when fans are crying out for the truth . The fans are all one and everything should have been made available. Sadly that’s where you leave me disappointed and frustrated. But still I respect what you have done and said for us fans your repesenting.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

I despise Venkys and Waggott as much as the next guy but I can't really fault the players for commenting on the booing. Yes they make good money and live a certain lifestyle but they are still people trying their best. Some of these players are 20 years old and of course it will rattle them when people are booing them. If we were to help the players during the match what will help them most? Cheering them on or booing them and telling them they are awful. I know what I think. 

All our anger and resentment should be aimed at Venkys.

We were shit throughout the entire first half, and they eventually got mildly booed walking off the pitch at half time. How did booing at half time affect the their performance? How did booing at half time affect us in the away games recently when we were 2 or 3 goals down before half time? Or against Cambridge in that first half? It didn’t. It’s an excuse for bad performances.

And then they have the fucking cheek to sit there and complain about it to people who pay £400+ a year to keep them in their well paid ideal career whilst the club around them is a laughing stock with shambolic errors every week off the pitch, pissing money away with dumb commercial decisions.

95% of the anger on Saturday was clearly at Venkys and Waggot. The boos at half time happen at practically every club up and down the country when teams who are struggling are behind in ‘easier’ games at home. Remember JDT made sure to praise the fans in his interview for keeping supporting the team against QPR. Strange if half time was spent talking about the crowd.

I dont know which player said what, or what their body language of each player was, and I doubt any of the attendees will go into that much detail Therefore off the info I have I can only lump them together and as the 5 most senior pros the club could muster, they have been cowardly today. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Whoopee.  Multi-millionaire relocates for massively-paid job. 

So with a level-head - he was a bit of a cup run better than Bowyer and Mowbray?  Surrendered a two goal lead in the Quarter Finals, then capitulated in the league from there on in.

Being the Devil's Advocate - he is the 'achiever' of our worst run in ddecades.He is at the helm of the team with our worst goals conceded in years and years...and the only manager (alongside Mowbray) to have a team in the promotion spots for X amount of weeks and fail to get the play-offs.  The atmosphere is stale, our home form is abysmal...

Not great.

You said you wanted someone who represented Blackburn.  Granted its Whalley but moving there and your wife starting a shop is going someway towards that.  

You said his football is sterile and none threatening but we missed out on playoffs on goal difference.  

I'm not his agent so will save his plaudits but I am sure that he's the best Venkys recruit so far, and the next one won't get close to what he's managed.  

(I also agree we are toothless at times and horrendous when backs up against the wall though) 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

This came to me the other day, if that fucking Taff hadn't chipped it we could now be in the Prem.. on 0 points sure, but in the Prem. 

i would`nt have minded if he`d booted the ball over the stand in the direction of royal preson hospital,it was such a wrong thing to do,the bloody keeper was still on his line ffs

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DE. said:

It is, and the players know that. As far as I'm aware there were no "you're not fit to wear the shirt" chants in the QPR match, just chants against Waggott and Venky's. It was, as far as I'm aware, extremely obvious where the anger is aimed. 

The players probably felt like they had to say something like this to try and defend themselves - but they simply should not have been in a position where they needed to do so. Not now, at the height of a club crisis, with barely any forewarning. Wrong time, wrong place, and any CEO with an ounce of respect for the players or fans would have known this. 

Of all the downward spirals we've seen at Ewood, the fans reaction to the players has been really kind - like you said no chanting at them at all. The fans have been patient, mainly because as a group we're confused at who we're most pissed off about.

If anything, due to the malaise we're in, apathy rules and we don't en-masse sing as many songs about JDT or the players as we probably should, it just hasn't got going like that, it's just flat, and we get the Vincent Kompany song a million times as it's just easier to do...

Edited by Groundhog

What is even worse is that I fear the ploy from Waggot Will work. He was feeling the heat. We never had these meetings during Mowbrays bad runs, and my god he had them just as bad as this 

This whole meeting was based around trying to be seen as though it is the atmosphere and the booing that is at fault. It has been made to look in public as though any protests will seriously affect the team

It is called “heading them off at the pass”. Without a concerted effort to remind the fan base who the protests are about and that actually chanting “Venkys Out” will not stop Hyam from being ran past we could see serious damage to the protest movement 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Whoopee.  Multi-millionaire relocates for massively-paid job. 

So with a level-head - he was a bit of a cup run better than Bowyer and Mowbray?  Surrendered a two goal lead in the Quarter Finals, then capitulated in the league from there on in.

Being the Devil's Advocate - he is the 'achiever' of our worst run in ddecades.He is at the helm of the team with our worst goals conceded in years and years...and the only manager (alongside Mowbray) to have a team in the promotion spots for X amount of weeks and fail to get the play-offs.  The atmosphere is stale, our home form is abysmal...

Not great.

Have you forgotten Mowbrays runs which were much worse than this. 

He just couldn't mould our kids since December. I am not sure what you expect, we have no experience through out the side, no fight and no forwards. Mowbray was always allowed to sign experience, the season we just haven't been able to sign that due to budget cuts.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

What is worse, they then swore into secrecy,

I don't have a problem with the fans going personally, if you get the chance to call waggot a prick to his face, take it but it's this secrecy bit that baffles me, what do they owe waggot to keep his secrets for him? If he's announced the sacking of the manager before due process has been followed (or something else), leak it and expose him for the unprofessional dick he is. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

We never had a 2 goal lead.

If we didn't, my bad. Apathy makes the mind ebb away.

That is splitting hairs though. The rest is true.  As we stand, since 2001, we haven't been in a promotion position for the league that matters. He led us to more failure and it blows my mind why there is so much love for a manager who is almost incapable of getting points from anything but a winning position.  Only we could have messed up that last season and it followed suit from the previous couple of seasons. Nearly men who bottled it.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Of all the downward spirals we've seen at Ewood, the fans reaction to the players has been really kind - like you said no chanting at them at all. The fans have been patient, mainly becuase as a group we're confused at who we're most pissed off about.

If anything, due to the malaise we're in, apathy rules and we don't en-masse sing as many songs about JDT or the players as we probably should, it just hasn't got going like that, it's just flat, and we get the Vincent Kompany song a million times as it's just easier to do...

I've said my piece on the players' complaints and stand by it - I trust Josh and Glen to have made the situation clear to them, even though I highly doubt they weren't already aware.

Ultimately they shouldn't have been dragged in front of the fans in an unscheduled meeting. It's incredibly unprofessional and I struggle to think of another situation at any other club remotely similar. It's embarrassing, and that's solely on Waggott. 

• Like 9

The concerned players by the looks of the CCTV footage has to be because JDT is leaving and the 'what now?' reaction.

I think they've had their chance to save him, so we'll know if JDT leaves that the dressing room was most likely lost and it was time to go. 

A. Wharton and JDT leaving hurts. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

That is splitting hairs though. The rest is true.  As we stand, since 2001, we haven't been in a promotion position for the league that matters. 

You can hardly lay all that at the door of JDT, he's been manager for just the last 18 months.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

You said you wanted someone who represented Blackburn.  Granted its Whalley but moving there and your wife starting a shop is going someway towards that.  

You said his football is sterile and none threatening but we missed out on playoffs on goal difference.  

I'm not his agent so will save his plaudits but I am sure that he's the best Venkys recruit so far, and the next one won't get close to what he's managed.  

(I also agree we are toothless at times and horrendous when backs up against the wall though) 

You are good at scraping the positives...whereas I see the negatives and failures.  I don't want to clog up the feed debating it but I do value your opinion. I am glad he is going because I have been certain for weeks that what is unfolding was always coming. 

We can do better than him and one win in eleven is pitiful when you have a guy with twenty-odd goals.

Sort the defending, we stay up. If we don't, down we'll go.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

One thing to make a point of is Suhail isn't in the room.  JDT isnt in the room.  Steve Waggot's bread and butter after stints at Charlton and Coventry is cost cutting and angry fans. 

Suhail was in the room next door with his glass to the wall.

And I finally understand that Dylan line..

" See if you can shoot the invisible man"

• Like 3

I think it was one of the better known local journos who mentioned the body language of a lot of players and those in the tech area right from the off as 'just not looking right'.

What does that say ?  Fans pick up on this stuff pretty quickly and that i'm afraid is down to players themselves and coaching staff.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

You are good at scraping the positives...whereas I see the negatives and failures.  I don't want to clog up the feed debating it but I do value your opinion. I am glad he is going because I have been certain for weeks that what is unfolding was always coming. 

We can do better than him and one win in eleven is pitiful when you have a guy with twenty-odd goals.

Sort the defending, we stay up. If we don't, down we'll go.

Do better? Since when have venkys appointed any decent managers apart from jdt himself? Do u really think their next appointment will be up to scratch?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

What is even worse is that I fear the ploy from Waggot Will work. He was feeling the heat. We never had these meetings during Mowbrays bad runs, and my god he had them just as bad as this 

This whole meeting was based around trying to be seen as though it is the atmosphere and the booing that is at fault. It has been made to look in public as though any protests will seriously affect the team

It is called “heading them off at the pass”. Without a concerted effort to remind the fan base who the protests are about and that actually chanting “Venkys Out” will not stop Hyam from being ran past we could see serious damage to the protest movement 

I agree. It is a devious move to try and strike the first blow before any protests take off.

The follow on from this is, we will likely now see days of Rovers fans being portrayed as being 'angry' and 'unreasonable' before any protest has even got going. Thus, the outside world will be conditioned in advance to see Rovers fans in a negative way.

Then, if anything goes off against Newcastle protest wise, it will be us who get blamed for everything.

"The players even had a meeting with them telling them to stop their protests and to back the team, but they didn't listen".

"They did this with poor Steve Kean too".

We are dealing with scum, no doubt about it.

• Like 9

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

You can hardly lay all that at the door of JDT, he's been manager for just the last 18 months.

Yes you can. Have a look back through the results from last January...it's his job to pick the team, coach the team, drive the team on...surely he is culpable for the horrendous run of results, abject performances, cock-ups, missed opportunities etc?

I know Steve Kean would've been. (Excuse my language).