BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

7 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

He's very pragmatic who focuses on getting the basics right and then evolving the playing style from there. If you speak to Brum fans, they will tell you he started by getting the defensive side of the game right and being strong at set pieces. That's 💯 the right thing to do. Compare that to JDT, we are the worst team in the league at defending set pieces, cannot do the basics at all, and are way too open. Yet JDT continues trying to play champagne football.

Our two best managers of recent times - Hughes and Allardyce - they have both followed the same blueprint of making us us solid first. 

Eustace came into an extremely poor Birmingham side in his first season who were strongly tripped for relegation and kept them up easily. He had some money to spend in the summer and they signed well, with a focus on exciting wingers. We desperately need those kind of players too. He had them in 6th place and should never have been sacked.

Eustace also knows the championship far better than JDT and understands what it takes to get out of a relegation scrap.

All in all, a big upgrade for me. 

That's a great write up.

*Awaits Robbie Fowler announcement*

✍️

😭

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, frosty said:

Robbie Fowler being under any kind of consideration is hilarious.

Amazingly he boasts a 45% win percentage. Somehow though, he's managed 4 different clubs and only managed to be in charge for 66 games. Weird.

(Obviously, I'm against his appointment)

4 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

He's very pragmatic who focuses on getting the basics right and then evolving the playing style from there. If you speak to Brum fans, they will tell you he started by getting the defensive side of the game right and being strong at set pieces. That's 💯 the right thing to do. Compare that to JDT, we are the worst team in the league at defending set pieces, cannot do the basics at all, and are way too open. Yet JDT continues trying to play champagne football.

Our two best managers of recent times - Hughes and Allardyce - they have both followed the same blueprint of making us us solid first. 

Eustace came into an extremely poor Birmingham side in his first season who were strongly tripped for relegation and kept them up easily. He had some money to spend in the summer and they signed well, with a focus on exciting wingers. We desperately need those kind of players too. He had them in 6th place and should never have been sacked.

Eustace also knows the championship far better than JDT and understands what it takes to get out of a relegation scrap.

If he keeps us up he won't get any money to spend in the Summer. We'll likely sell Szmodics and expect whichever bottom of the barrel signing to replace him. Then a large amount of fans will say he should be doing better and to get rid. They'll appoint another big upgrade and the process repeats.

• Like 4

I don't think many managers would be able to do a good job with this squad, hard truth

We have dross all over the pitch. Need someone mentally ready for the scrap and Eustace is fine by me.

However, I wont have high expectations, keep us up by any means and that is a successful season for the manager

• Like 5

9 hours ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Again, can we all remember, this is rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic.

Deckchairs that need to be arranged granted, if the pool boy is indeed leaving.

But let's remember the captain and the white star line are the ones we should be aiming our anger at.

Everything else is us shouting at the iceberg for getting in the way.

Absolutely brilliant analogy.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

So in the space of 4 hours he has gone from being an upgrade to a big upgrade and being compared to Sparky and Sam. I think you are getting ever so slightly carried away with a man whose sole managerial achievement to date is finishing 17th in his one season as a manager. 

Also given that Birmingham's new owners had planned all along to replace him with Rooney I highly doubt that he was responsible for those summer signings.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bronzed A Donis said:

Managed in India ... 😬😬🫣🫣

Simon Grayson has a decent reputation in the Indian league at the moment. He left Bengaluru on 9 December 2023.

I’m sure Venkys will consider him as JDT’s replacement.

32 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

"Ashley Phillips, the highly rated England Under-19 defender who had been with the club since the age of 12, left for £2m after Spurs activated a release clause that Rovers failed to omit from the teenager’s contract."

Hmm....

But Gregg's a good 'un.........

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

no news yet of jdt`s departure,i bet swag and his cronies are making it hard work and no doubt they are terrified of the media friendly jdt spilling certain truths to the press

They can't post 2 negative posts in a row. The first one landed atrociously, no care in that statement at all.

20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if it is Fowler that gets it 

I can't see it if only for the fact that like JDT he'll be financially independent so he's unlikely to be the yes man they''ll be ooking for.

14 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Amazingly he boasts a 45% win percentage. Somehow though, he's managed 4 different clubs and only managed to be in charge for 66 games. Weird.

(Obviously, I'm against his appointment)

why are so many folks against Fowler? i dont recall him doing anything that bad when he played for us, am i missing something obvious? i dont really care who they appoint at this rate. just wish they would sell up and let us start afresh 

17 minutes ago, Bronzed A Donis said:

Managed in India ... 😬😬🫣🫣

Well if half the team is going to be loans might aswell be fowler and call in favours to people they call god and get the best of the academy , doak etc, and not the lad we just signed from them

Edited by Oldgregg86

8 minutes ago, Polky said:

Simon Grayson has a decent reputation in the Indian league at the moment. He left Bengaluru on 9 December 2023.

I’m sure Venkys will consider him as JDT’s replacement.

With Dunn as his assistant.

I said this on here a couple of weeks ago and I was only half joking.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

So in the space of 4 hours he has gone from being an upgrade to a big upgrade and being compared to Sparky and Sam. I think you are getting ever so slightly carried away with a man whose sole managerial achievement to date is finishing 17th in his one season as a manager. 

Also given that Birmingham's new owners had planned all along to replace him with Rooney I highly doubt that he was responsible for those summer signings.

I don't rate JDT, so he's an upgrade or a big upgrade. You can choose which option you prefer.

Eustace would follow the same blueprint as Hughes and Allardyce, which I think is the right approach. Following the same blueprint doesnt mean he is a peer of those two or a direct comparison, simply that he would build from the back. You can Google what blueprint means if you're not sure! 

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

no news yet of jdt`s departure,i bet swag and his cronies are making it hard work and no doubt they are terrified of the media friendly jdt spilling certain truths to the press

JDT: I'll leave without compensation.

Venky's: No

JDT: OK, can we come to a mutual termination?

Venky's: No

• Like 2