BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

IMO, the basic, basic problem we’ve had under these owners is that there’s never been any pressure on anyone to get results on the park.

I doubt very much that JDT would have been sacked if we’d got relegated this season. Seems to me managers generally only get the push when they speak out, when they speak about the lack of backing or about the club failings. 

When have we heard anyone in the club apart from a manager say results aren’t good enough? When do you ever hear any comments about results? We don’t get any of that because as long as we develop youngsters and sell them, that keeps everyone happy. That was the plan since day one of Venkys ownership and is still their only goal. I assume they hope results follow but who knows? Is Waggott under pressure from Venkys to improve results? I don’t think so.

The whole ethos at the club is wrong. Venkys whole reason for being here is wrong. The club is not geared for any success. That won’t change and that’s why Venkys need to look for a buyer in my opinion.

• Like 8

No one expected JDT to be here by close of play last Friday, how the fuck is he still here a week later. Why cant our club do anything a reasonable time frame. 

Edited by RoverDom
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, den said:

IMO, the basic, basic problem we’ve had under these owners is that there’s never been any pressure on anyone to get results on the park.

I doubt very much that JDT would have been sacked if we’d got relegated this season. Seems to me managers generally only get the push when they speak out, when they speak about the lack of backing or about the club failings. 

When have we heard anyone in the club apart from a manager say results aren’t good enough? When do you ever hear any comments about results? We don’t get any of that because as long as we develop youngsters and sell them, that keeps everyone happy. That was the plan since day one of Venkys ownership and is still their only goal. I assume they hope results follow but who knows? Is Waggott under pressure from Venkys to improve results? I don’t think so.

The whole ethos at the club is wrong. Venkys whole reason for being here is wrong. The club is not geared for any success. That won’t change and that’s why Venkys need to look for a buyer in my opinion.

Really good post Den. There is no accountability and when you have errant owners who probably don't know what Sammy Szmodics looks like then the likes of Waggott will use that to their advantage. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

It will be very curious to see what Eustace makes of the squad. Cant imagine any big changes for Saturday, game against PNE will be the big first test.

I wonder if we can recall Trav?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MB Rover said:

End of the day it’ll remain to be seen if Eustace is a long term appointment. Cold hard facts is he has less experience than JDT, who’s win percentage at rovers was 44%, Eustace’s is 33%. He was sacked with Birmingham 6th after what? 10 games? We were above them 2 games later. Underwhelming and safe appointment on paper, hopefully not another yes man for those hiding in the shadows.

An inexperienced manager desperate for a job.

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Rovers on a dreadful run, winless in I don't know how many games

Managerless teams often win after a manager departs.

How big an indictment of Tomasson would that be? 

Well if "managerless teams often win after a manager departs." then wouldn't be much of an indictment would it?

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Gav said:

I didn't see it, but even if I had, right now I'd see the bigger picture.

We have lost a very good manager due to the club being in the gutter and I expect us to be relegated as a result, forgive me for not celebrating his departure. 

I know what the bigger picture (and problem) is Gav, but that doesn't make JDT a 'very good manager'. Maybe his cheeky smile has you hoodwinked. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Madon said:

I would love JDT to rock up to today's pre match presser. Absolute banter club.

I would say I'm surprised but in reality none of us are.

24 hours away from a huge fixture and JDT is just casually strolling round the training centre saying his goodbyes, with Eustace not yet on board. Who is doing tactics?! David Lowe?! Fuck me.

We are an absolute circus. 

Laying a Mercer on us losing tomorrow - nothing is more certain.

Edited by G Somerset Rover

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

For me, when someone suggest they want out as per the summer, it ends one way, they usually leave.

Football is a results business and you have to pee with the cock your given. JDT opted to send certain players out, and some that have come in its fair to say are no better than those sent out (Buckley and Travis).

We had a good run second half of last season.

We clearly have financial issues, but despite this half of squad has come through the door.

At 95% of clubs, he'd of been sacked for the run of results, 

I believe he has been somewhat given a free pass, as has the DOF Due to continued circus off the pitch. The circus suits the managers script when results are clearly not there.

I guess the proof in the pudding with be if Eustace can get a tune out of the same squad, only at that point will be really know if we are under/over achieving on the pitch.

I was always taught , concentrate on the things you can control, not the ones out of your control

Half of the squad has been changed, but we've let experienced quality leave and replaced it with Academy kids and players bought for peanuts. 

I'm not saying JDT and Broughton are saints, but Mowbray was allowed to spend £7m on Brereton-Diaz and £5m on Gallagher - only to shift both out wide because their second touch was a tackle. 

If Eustace is pragmatic he'll go to 5 at the back to grind out enough results to survive as we have an abundance of CBs, very few quality CMs (I think Tronstad is clearly better than Travis and Buckley btw) and no wingers. 

The kicker would be if the Venky's magically open the purse strings again in the summer having run off a very talented manager - we've been through this cycle before. 

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

are they going to announce jdt`s departure or shove him out of the fire exit

There'll be a lone tweet announcing his departure, wishing him well. We don't do PR or Communications.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Well if "managerless teams often win after a manager departs." then wouldn't be much of an indictment would it?

An indictment on him like all the others? If we win and our form turns round it'll be another reason to celebrate his departure. 

4 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I know what the bigger picture (and problem) is Gav, but that doesn't make JDT a 'very good manager'. Maybe his cheeky smile has you hoodwinked. 

I think he's going to go on to have a very successful career.

He clearly needs to be less stubborn and, quite frankly, I think his QPR team selection was him daring the board to sack him.