BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (a) - 17/8/22 - Mark 1

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Once I've calmed down, I'll admit that Reading did a lot of things right tonight.

But right now, I couldn't tell you the last time we were this atrocious.

They did tbf to them but my god we contributed. Wasn't getting carried away with our great start to the season but actually fancied a win tonight and a draw at worst. How wrong I was.

• Like 2

My question tonight is the passing. Whatever the statistics show, it looked like 80% of our key passes were going wrong. Like the players had the wrong boots on or something. I cannot comprehend how the passing level dropped so, so dramatically, for everyone on the pitch? For no real reason either, Reading aren't doing all that much pressing. I don't understand.

• Like 1

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

Wonder what the presser will be like. We've never seen him after a defeat. 

Honest I imagine, seems an up front guy, collective responsibility. Won't slaughter the players but will say it wasn't good enough etc.

• Like 1

Even though Pickering was poor I can kind of understand why he was left on the pitch as injury to one of the centre halves and nobody to put in there.

But why Buckley was left on is beyond me?Very very poor surely Morton could have come on with Buckley clearly not at the races.

Phillips isnt ready yet.

We need players in and I sympathize with JDT over our failure to make the squad stronger but still have to question wether it was necessary 5 games into the season to be resting Hedges and Gallagher after a 2-1 win a game Gallagher scored in

• Like 2

Really poor performance all game. Terrible.

That said tactically we struggled all game. We never got any sort of control in midfield - Buckley and Travis totally crowded out but we never game them any additional support.

We definitely improved second half but never could be said to be in control of a spell of the game.

The concern from me is how we respond, every team we play now will watch this game back and mimic how Reading setup and dominated us.

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Really poor performance all game. Terrible.

That said tactically we struggled all game. We never got any sort of control in midfield - Buckley and Travis totally crowded out but we never game them any additional support.

We definitely improved second half but never could be said to be in control of a spell of the game.

The concern from me is how we respond, every team we play now will watch this game back and mimic how Reading setup and dominated us.

How on earth have we been tactically out thought by Paul Ince?

How?

17 minutes ago, booth said:

Just a bit worrying about the manner it's happened.

Reading probably won't play this well again, and let's hope Rovers don't play this badly again.

I think they're our bogey team.