BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) 04/10/2022

Think this will be a scrappy one, and one that if were not careful we'll be bullied out of it before we even start. We need to win the midfield battle. Ayala is too good to loose for long periods so needs treating with care. Carter is also good enough as a stand in. In these away games when were likely to be under the cosh more, we shouldn't be experimenting with players out of position like hedges at RWB, although that was a successful example. 

Kaminski

Carter   Hyam   Wharton

Brittain                                  Pickering 

Buckley Travis  Dack

Hedges  BBD

I was going to put SS in for his work rate...but I can never remember how to spell it so hes out!

• Like 2

I think Szmodics should be included, as he can mix it with more physical opponents, that having been his bread and butter in recent seasons. I'd be tempted to include young Wharton on the bench, as I think his game is suited to opponents like Cardiff, and an opportunity to repeat his pomp and grandeur as displayed against Blackpool would be good.

Overall I won't be surprised if we capitulate, but of course I'd be delighted if we were to grind out a better result than the six fingered brigade did at the weekend. That is our benchmark - go one better than Burnleh, wherever they've been - because if we can do that, we will finish above the knuckle dragging scunge at the end of the campaign 🙂 Simples!

52 minutes ago, benhben said:

Think this will be a scrappy one, and one that if were not careful we'll be bullied out of it before we even start. We need to win the midfield battle. Ayala is too good to loose for long periods so needs treating with care. Carter is also good enough as a stand in. In these away games when were likely to be under the cosh more, we shouldn't be experimenting with players out of position like hedges at RWB, although that was a successful example. 

Kaminski

Carter   Hyam   Wharton

Brittain                                  Pickering 

Buckley Travis  Dack

Hedges  BBD

I was going to put SS in for his work rate...but I can never remember how to spell it so hes out!

Hedges at right wing / number 10 combo was certainly interesting and Hedges had a good game himself, but I didn't really see enough in it to continue with the experiment.  He added link up play centrally on one hand, but completely robbed us of width down the right. Better teams than Millwall could have had a field day down our right side. 

Brittain should come back in unlesss there is a significant fitness issue. He's one of our best players.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Hedges at right wing / number 10 combo was certainly interesting and Hedges had a good game himself, but I didn't really see enough in it to continue with the experiment.  He added link up play centrally on one hand, but completely robbed us of width down the right. Better teams than Millwall could have had a field day down our right side. 

Brittain should come back in unlesss there is a significant fitness issue. He's one of our best players.

Saw Cardiff once or twice this year and their strength seems to come down the wings - O'Dowda on one side and can't remember who on the other side! Would rather we had Brittain playing there as well.

Imagine Hedges will come in for Dolan/Gallagher, probably the latter. 

The game is on Sky and also being broadcast in many overseas locations.

It appears it will not be on Rovers TV. 

I don't know about those places not carrying it on local TV, so called dark countries.

I live in one but no worries Rovers, I'll be watching live. Thank you Google.

• Like 2

Such is our inconsistency this season, I honestly have no idea for tonight.

We could get the Rovers that turned up at Swansea and Blackpool, or we could get the Rovers that a terrible Luton side turned over.

If I was picking the team, I’d bring Brittain in for Hedges and I’d really want A.Wharton in the middle, possibly as part of a 3-man midfield.

Gallagher’s input for our opening goal at the weekend shows exactly why he’s important in tight, scrappy games and I’d keep him in tonight.

Dolan has done quite well recently, but he struggles and gets lost against bigger defenders, so I’d sacrifice him for either Dack or Szmodicz.

However we line up, it’s imperative that we make a good start tonight.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I don't know about those places not carrying it on local TV, so called dark countries.

Thats the only downside to Rovers TV and paying for the season. Any game being shown live anywhere is not included, so it means paying extra for it.

That said, the season pass is still decent value, and I am happy to pay for it and still pay for a ticket to go, when I am in the UK.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

ESPN has it on so I'll be watching.

Looking forward to it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

What time does it kick off your time @AllRoverAsia

12 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

2am or something daft

Aye, they are 6 hours ahead in Bangkok. Never stopped Mark tuning in though... There's quite a few from Blackburn out there, you know 😉

On 03/10/2022 at 16:09, Mercer said:

As I posted on Saturday, it was inevitable - Gibson doesn't mess about and I think it just shows the madness of Rovers' leniency through the Mowbray 'death spirals' (note plural!).  Again, as I posted on Saturday, Brucie at WBA will be next.  Understand Dyche is next in line for M'boro job IF, and it's quite a big IF given location, he wants it.  Stuck a few quid on Dyche at 12/1 (odds falling pretty quickly).

As for Cardiff, think it's fair to say we are a bit unpredictable and I think we've got a few more points than our performances generally deserve.  Think Cardiff will edge it as we don't seem to be able to mentally and physically handle 2 consecutive games and within days of one another................................... 

My money on Dyche going to WBA when Bruce is sacked.

• Like 1