BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

We seem to have lost the point of transfers , you bring players in that improves your first 11 that in turn improves your squad if this guy isn’t better than Travis Morton and Buckley what’s the point ? 

• Like 7

He's played less than 200 minutes of senior football in the past year, he's 5'7" short, he may or may not be still recovering from an injury, he's someone else's player and we already have young and inexperienced ... I know because JDT mentions it every time he breathes.

Based on the above I confidently expect this someone I'd never heard of 5 minutes ago to be our No1 target this window.

Way to go Rovers.... you never cease to feck with my gray matter.

At least there's plenty of T20 to watch.

• Like 2

If we sign Killkenny I'll wait to see him play before passing judgement.

However.. if he doesn't have a purchase option in his deal it'll be a little disappointing. What we really need is someone with know-how and a bit of experience to guide our midfield. Not sure I see the point in a young lad with potential on a temporary deal. A young lad with potential and the option to make it permanent is a different story.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AJW said:

We seem to have lost the point of transfers , you bring players in that improves your first 11 that in turn improves your squad if this guy isn’t better than Travis Morton and Buckley what’s the point ? 

Yeah, exactly. That's how almost every other club approaches it. Not Venky owned Rovers though.

As soon as Broughton said he didn't want to block the pathway for Wharton and Garrett, and went for the manageable Morton loan move, we should have known what to expect.

No quality midfielder will be coming here due to this pathway shit, IMO.

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 5

Kilkenny looked handy enough the few times I have seen him play for Bournemouth and looks to have a bit of ability but if Bournemouth are recalling him due to a lack of gametime and they are insisting he gets plenty of minutes then I'd be swerving this signing big time,we already have Morton who seemingly has to play.

If this deal happens then A Wharton needs to be loaned out for the rest of the season

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

If we sign Killkenny I'll wait to see him play before passing judgement.

However.. if he doesn't have a purchase option in his deal it'll be a little disappointing. What we really need is someone with know-how and a bit of experience to guide our midfield. Not sure I see the point in a young lad with potential on a temporary deal. A young lad with potential and the option to make it permanent is a different story.

We should be signing players to support a real sustained playoff cum promotion push although I appreciate that is not on everyone's wish list.

A loanee who has barely played at all for a year ... Well TBH I can't even guess at the thinking behind that.

5 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Bournemouth fans think Kilkenny has alot of potential. 

Shows for the ball and links play through the thirds.  I’m willing to see how this one pans out.

Was instrumental in the championship for them when they got promoted.

I think he only played 14 matches? Not sure I’d call that instrumental.

• Like 1

There shouldn't be a thought about blocking pathways considering that we should be trying to improve considering we are 3rd. If we sign someone for the here and now, which we should, by all means loan one of our current midfielders out.

The question is if the rumour is true, whether Kilkenny is of the calibre and experience that we need? Unconvinced.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He hasnt spoke as if he is desperate for promotion this season, any different to predecessors, but they all tow the party line I guess.

Surely it matters what he is saying the players and in the dressing room plus Broughton, Waggott, owners more than to fans

10 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Bournemouth in talks with signing a winger from France, could this open the door to dembele? 

Could be possibility if they bring in that winger from France  

9 hours ago, rigger said:

I still think Mola has a chance on the left side of a center midfield three.

When will we play a midfield 3 tho? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Surely it matters what he is saying the players and in the dressing room plus Broughton, Waggott, owners more than to fans

Could be possibility if they bring in that winger from France  

When will we play a midfield 3 tho? 

Literally (intentionally or otherwise) paraphrasing the response Waggott gave in the fans forum minutes.

• Like 1