BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

27 minutes ago, J*B said:

BBD has signed for Villarreal. He can’t go anywhere but there.

Until that's announced I won't be taking it as fact.

This Juve lad, reading between the lines of your post, it's just a name that you've heard we are looking at rather than one we are close to signing?

OK so to add to the random excitement for this lad, I texted my juve mad friend if he had heard anything regarding this and he said no but he wouldn't be surprised with how many issues are ongoing at juve at the moment, said he wouldn't be surprised if they sold him even after a contract renewal. I asked him if he's as good as he sounds and he said he's pretty rapid, carry the ball very well but can get caught out of position and a bit lightweight 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

BBD on the move this month perhaps? Got a feeling Dyche might try to snap him up for Everton, as well as Gyokeres.

Gyokeres! Now that's a proper footballer. How I wish we had him. He's not just a goal scorer. He oozes class.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Iling-Junior COULD be feasible, even with his recent contract.

People underestimate just how batshit it is at Juve at the moment, and stranger things have happened.

Likely? Fuck no.

But it's possible. And could be a sign of JDT using Serie A contacts...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No one know the budget we had this season. 

It’s not transfer budget that the problem but the wage budget from what I read between the lines from JDT. We couldn't complete with Watford on wages not transfer fees

Splitting hairs.

All amounts to the same thing. We lose out because we haven’t got the money / the owners won’t cough up.

• Like 3

This rumour could a true one especially with JDT now saying there’s a good chance Markanday goes out on loan….People are going mad on twitter about it but for me personally it has to happen a he’s not getting game time here.
Why, I’m not sure but for him to develop he HAS to play games….He needs minutes in competitive games… Markanday has a big future for us & JDT knows that.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I agree he has to play games - why on earth can't he play them here?

Looking at him over the past few weeks I’m not sure…Im hoping he has a good 6 months elsewhere, we ship out most of the deadwood and he fits right in for next season.

Like many have said, Thomas, if he performs, won’t be coming back to ewood next season and certainly is a better option than Markanday at this moment (on paper anyway)…

Hedges on the right with a Thomas on the left and a new CF will be the starters, then you have Gally & Dolan as 2nd choices - I personally think Gally will be sold in summer & here’s hoping.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I agree he has to play games - why on earth can't he play them here?

He's got Hedges and now Thomas in front of him for the RW slot. JDT has praised Markanday's improvement this season and according to Sharpe sees him as having a future at Ewood. A 6 month loan is exactly what he needs. Let's see who comes in for him. Motherwell have been the only club so far credited with an interest,  so it's not like Championship teams are beating a path to his door. That may be because he's not quite ready for the Championship. 

• Like 1

So we haven't strengthened the first team then, for a play off push. Astounding.

Maybe its the 2 additional layers of vetting we have put in place, that have actually reduced our slim chances even further.

Computer nerds have to first pluck them out of the stats spreadsheet.

Then Gregg has to approve.

Then JDT has to approve

Then Swag has to approve

Then Suhail has to approve

Finally onto "India" to approve

Player and agent then have to accept our "offer".

What a pile of Venky Chicken Shit.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Splitting hairs.

All amounts to the same thing. We lose out because we haven’t got the money / the owners won’t cough up.

The wage budget is set at the start of the season. We shouldn't be overpaying for wages but when teams with parachute payments we dont stand a chance. Plus with these new rules coming into football about wages to turnover being 70%. 

16 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

So we haven't strengthened the first team then, for a play off push. Astounding.

Maybe its the 2 additional layers of vetting we have put in place, that have actually reduced our slim chances even further.

Then JDT has to approve

Then Swag has to approve

Why is it astounding ? It’s just par for the course as far as I can see.

1 hour ago, JPTSwindon said:

What’s happened to lower league (star) players ever being snapped up? Are they not as good as they used to be, or is scouting these divisions ‘below’ scouts these days? Surely there has to be some upcoming stars there?

If they can be accessed by an IT geek via a laptop they have a chance of discovery.

26 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Then JDT has to approve

Then Swag has to approve

Much as I hate to say it there is a lot of truth to this, at least for anything outside the agreed budget.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike E said:

If he's the guy I'm thinking of, he's a genuinely superb dribbler, very much like when CR7 burst onto the scene at Sporting.

That's a signing I could get behind, especially with the potential re-sale value of playing for England. For that reason, and the structure of our budgets, I think it'd actually be more likely a signing than a loan.

That's Marcus Edwards 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The wage budget is set at the start of the season. We shouldn't be overpaying for wages but when teams with parachute payments we dont stand a chance. Plus with these new rules coming into football about wages to turnover being 70%. 

why can we not compete salary wise with teams who don't have parachute payments?