BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Tbf, Sharpe could very well be wrong. 

Sometimes it feels like he's the clubs mouthpiece, could very well be playing it down in an effort to keep it under the radar.

Who knows 🤷‍♂️

Not sure its a signing that needs to be kept under the radar🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

As a journalist he’s got to be 100% certain before announcing somethings “wide of the mark” surley, no? 

Does anyone have an example where he’s wrote a report saying somethings not happened & it actually has?

I don't have a good enough memory to give you the examples, but I've seen it 2 or 3 times at least. He's usually right when he dismisses one though (although, since most transfer efforts don't result in transfers, most of us on here could also be usually right if we dismissed a bunch of them).

According to Fabrizio Romano (who I’d never heard of till yesterday when several posters used him as a source for the Diaz deal being done and saying he is rarely wrong), several Championship clubs are in for Ugbo.

So the club could be underplaying it.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You would think that a well organised recruitment team would have a number of options all of the same style to fit the profile they want. Strange to have a big target man and more of a number 10 type on the same list.

Who is the big target man or number 10 we have target? 

1 hour ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Unsall is normally right on the money so this is odd that it's not ugbo

when has he ever been right on the money?

Sorry, but ive been reading these boards for 20+ years and have never seen Unsall claim to be an ITK, or even make ITK claims (ie, suggest deals are done). 

If you can elaborate Im happy to be proven wrong. 

Edited by JacknOry

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Truly desperate Stuff . Age 24, never played for parent Club Chelsea - been to seven different Clubs on loan throughout his career. One goal in thirteen in Ligue 1 this season. Career total of 4 In 46 in England.

That would be two strikers brought in this season who have no idea where the back of the net is at this level. Is that Greg's key criteria for bringing someone in?

No, it’s are they cheap, is there going to be any competition for them (no because they are crap). Tick, tick, job done. 
btw I’ll be delighted to eat my words. 

• Like 1

I do wonder what it was about the previous 3 transfer windows that made everyone think this one would be any different. 

Hyam 

Szmodics

Morton

Hirst

Mola

Brittain

Markanday

Hedges

Zeefuik

Brown

Edun

Van Hecke

Giles

Poveda

Khadra

Clarkson

16 players signed - about 4 of them have been decent. 

By that reckoning we need to sign another 3 before Tuesday for one of them to be any good this window. 

• Like 4

• Backroom
41 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Sorry, but ive been reading these boards for 20+ years and have never seen Unsall claim to be an ITK, or even make ITK claims (ie, suggest deals are done). 

Think he's mixing up unsall and unleaded. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I never got a name, assumed it could be him, all I was told someone is flying in from France tomorrow for a medical from someone from the club who certainly should know what’s going on.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Undav is seemingly an out and out number 9, Gelhardt I have seen a few times and he is small and nimble and plays just off. They aren't similar.

Undav isn't a target man type tho from what I watched but more than box striker who scores goals 

Gelhardt, I don't know what type of striker he is tbh. Don't think he was ever first choice for us. 

Out of the strikers seen rovers linked with on loan recently - undav who Brighton paid £6 million for, Samuel iling junior who plays for juve (well makes the first xi squad) and has represented England at all youth levels and gelhardt from Leeds who’s also represented England at youth levels. They’ll never get those type of deals done. It’ll be some clodhopper no other bugger wants. 

• Like 1