BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Could it not go through just as a "loan" deal then in that case if all partys were happy?

Why would Forest be happy? The promise of 10 million if we go up is what sold them.

Too late to change the terms.

Edited by CD_93

1 hour ago, RoverKyle said:

A friend of mine was saying what a shambles we are for not getting any money for Brereton Diaz. I explained that this is common place for Venky's owned Rovers, but I think it's fair to say that supporters of other clubs genuinely don't know how badly our club is run. If we fail with these deals over late paperwork, it's going to highlight the problem even more. 

You're right. Fans of other clubs see us sat in the play off places and take the lack of public protests and unrest towards the owners as a sign that things are good now. That the owners have learnt their lesson and should be given credit for still putting money in after all these years.

If they knew how much of a shambles the club has been, and still is, under these owners I think they would be stunned. It has been utter shit from the moment they walked through the doors. Now we have another moment for others to laugh at.

Other clubs have had it bad too, and there is certainly competition for this lot in the 'worst owners ever' stake. However, 12 years of this crap, with things getting worse, more embarrassing, more ridiculous. I don't think I've ever seen anything else like it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Pure speculation based on hearsay but I don’t think this happens. I think the problem is we didn’t agree a contract with O’Brien in time if the future fee was activated. We agreed the loan deal and the future transfer obligation, but not the specifics of the player contract. 

But if it wasn’t agreed at all then why are we still waiting for news? It sounds like we got everything agreed but submitted the paperwork late. 

Whatever the circumstances, if it was happening, we’d know by now. Waste of time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, J*B said:

Pure speculation based on hearsay but I don’t think this happens. I think the problem is we didn’t agree a contract with O’Brien in time if the future fee was activated. We agreed the loan deal and the future transfer obligation, but not the specifics of the player contract. 

Just how feckin naive are they at Rovers?

I flagged in an earlier post that terms would have had to be agreed with O'Brien to take effect if the conditionality of the contract was realised.  If they weren't, it's likely the contract was null and void in any event.

This could leave O'Brien in the lurch and it is not beyond the realms of possibility he will seek financial compensation from Rovers for such or even pursue a damage claim on the back of Rovers' alleged negligence.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Could it not go through just as a "loan" deal then in that case if all partys were happy?

Was thinking just this. Agree the loan bit that went through on time and then negotiate the next bit 1st June. Need forest to agree I suppose but better than the player not playing 

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

I flagged in an earlier post that terms would have had to be agreed with O'Brien to take effect if the conditionality of the contract was realised.  If they weren't, it's likely the contract was null and void in any event.

This could leave O'Brien in the lurch and it is not beyond the realms of possibility he will seek financial compensation from Rovers for such or even pursue a damage claim on the back of Rovers' negligence.

Financial compensation for what, exactly ? He's still getting paid by Forest.

• Like 1

My fingers itch to type …but my heart aches too much . I don’t trust myself not to write libellous words ….when we “ know “ the outcome of this embarrassing debacle I will post as I hope it will be therapeutic for me ..

We’ve had bad days …too many to mention but this level of incompetence has rocked me …never felt as low ( not  because of the non arrival of a player ) but …we are a shell of a club , a broken shell …

• Like 7

This could leave O'Brien in the lurch and it is not beyond the realms of possibility he will seek financial compensation from Rovers for such or even pursue a damage claim on the back of Rovers' negligence.

What loss would he claim? He’s still being paid….there isn’t a civil court in the land that would order payment of damages with no tangible loss!?

What type of consultant are you out of interest? 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

You're right. Fans of other clubs see us sat in the play off places and take the lack of public protests and unrest towards the owners as a sign that things are good now. That the owners have learnt their lesson and should be given credit for still putting money in after all these years.

If they knew how much of a shambles the club has been, and still is, under these owners I think they would be stunned. It has been utter shit from the moment they walked through the doors. Now we have another moment for others to laugh at.

Other clubs have had it bad too, and there is certainly competition for this lot in the 'worst owners ever' stake. However, 12 years of this crap, with things getting worse, more embarrassing, more ridiculous. I don't think I've ever seen anything else like it.

Hull have had a shambles but they've done some things to placate their fans at least, cheaper STs and free away travel etc. 

We just bumble along listening to the same old bull whilst the fanbase dwindles and the plebs in office put the prices up yearly to cover the fall off.  

Can't even get the basics of signing loan players right now either.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

We may have the unenviable record of having , the worst owners for the longest time ..12 years 😂 they usually only reign for 2 or 3 years .

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Financial compensation for what, exactly ? He's still getting paid by Forest.

Damage to his career from rotting in the 'reserves' and outside Forest's 25 man PL squad when he could have been playing competitive Championship football with a potential gateway back to the PL. 

11 minutes ago, CD_93 said:

Why would Forest be happy? The promise of 10 million if we go up is what sold them.

Too late to change the terms.

Gets the player playing football to put himself in the shop window for a move in the summer, that £10m was fantasy land stuff anyway, and everyone at our end knew that and that's why it was agreed too.

Damage to his career from rotting in the 'reserves' and outside Forest's 25 man PL squad when he could have been playing competitive Championship football with a potential gateway back to the PL. 

He's in the "ressies" because Forest didn't think he was good enough to be in the PL squad. We have not stopped any other Championship club from going in for him.

• Like 2

Doesn't gel that the dispute is over the terms of a permanent contract. Even if our amateurs did not know that it had to be sorted as part of the deal, surely Forest and O'Brien's legal team would know. I find it difficult to imagine that all three parties did not realise this, if it was a requirement. 

And if it's true that the player was unwilling to agree terms on the permanent contract, then the whole deal should have just been off - there couldn't even have been a submission. Either way, looks like we missed the boat. I can completely believe it being an administrative screw up somewhere.   

So he needs to agreed terms on a future contract if a mandatory fee is included in the loan deal. Any Football Manager player could of told you that Gregg, ya bloody plonker.

This might be me out boys, I don’t think I can take it anymore. LOB is probably the best signing we could have made, media all reporting it and then to be let down is just devastating. Would not blame JDT to ditch out either.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I can't for the life of me accept that a championship football club, a premier league football club and a premier League player and agent, would not have known this detail to get the deal done.

All parties surely have access to well paid legal advice on these things.

So just trying to 'catch up' on things having not taken much of an interest since yesterday lunchtime.

My last few posts around mid-day yesterday were confidently predicting that we would do no business, that nobody of repute would actually arrive, that no money would be spent.

Must admit that by tea time even I was starting - starting - to doubt that and almost started to predict they had, for once, delivered. This confidence was increased after the win at Birmingham with Richard 'play it safe' Sharpe stating that business was 'far from over' for Rovers.

But it seems my confidence was actually well placed. That everything that was predicted was in fact true. That we've been taken for a ride yet again.

A long list forming of parties let down, embarrassed and mucked around by the powers running Rovers:

the fans

the existing group of players

the potential new signings

the manager

the people trying to get deals done

the local media

And to tell you the truth, even though I would be pleasantly surprised if we managed to get a couple of deals over the line and for some inexplicable reason haven't been able to announce it yet, I don't think it would make any difference. I don't think the rumoured 2 signings are enough, and the events of the last 24 hours just confirm my fears - that despite the arrival of Broughton nothing has changed. I don't blame him. But the same cowboys are still dragging the Club and its reputation through the mud.

We won't be hearing from Waggott for a while - the idea is that Broughton takes all the flak and then our 6 figure salary CEO can turn up to the next Fans Forum and talk about completely trivial matters.

• Like 4

It'll be the same old issues of having to get permission from India to agree to pay him whatever in the extremely unlikely event of promotion.

Doubt anybody at Ewood would be able to agree a 10 million fee with Forest AND 30 grand a week without the big say so. 

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 8