BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

They were clearly not the real fanbase..

We are back to our natural level for me Tyrone, the gates and support we achieved before Jack came in, but if they start to walk away it will be job done for some at the club.

Think you are wrong Gav.

I know of some dozen folk who go back 50 years or more who have now given up on Rovers.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Incompetent, possibly (unless this is indeed an EFL issue).

If it was an EFL issue, then the club would have leaked or announced that all paperwork was submitted by 22.59. 

And they haven't. 

Rules is rules, and if this is allowed it will create a shed load more work for the EFL and Premier League over the next few windows....

How totally depressing.

Night all....

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 2

Haven’t heard “sack the board” ringing round Ewood for many a year. But those were the days when we had a board of local people who were answerable to the fans Supporters also cared enough then to get on the pitch to make their feelings known. That sort of passion has gone now sadly because the club in many ways has become disconnected from the fan base, not surprising when they can’t even be bothered to puf out a statement explaining the transfer window farrago 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, superniko said:

So much wrong with this but let’s start with:

1) Compare averages of other clubs to that era and all increase not remain flat. Live football and attendances were so different then.

2) What’s the town and suburb population like versus those years? Has it remained flat? (No is the answer)

3) Surely having the ‘Glory Support’ years gives us massive advantage now versus the 70s / 80s. We had a decent period of 20k home fans year on year which we could bounce off but instead have lost through the inept running of the club. 

4) Away fans weren’t as big in those years so take those thousands off

Honestly, i’m convinced you and mashed potato brain would fluff the pillows if you caught Greg/Waggot in bed with your missus 

Factually correct with a bit of Messageboard Gold. Good do.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Andy said:

Are gates not similar (or better) to the many years we spent in the 2nd/3rd division, before the 90's?

We had the obvious boost to attendances in the 90's with success and Premier League football, but a return to the Championship seems to have seen the fair-weather fans disappear and leave us with the core support that we've always had?

A lot of the core support from before the 90's are getting on a bit and will start to miss more and more games. Some will already be dead or infirm.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

We've already had one public court case with Shaw over incompetence. 

They wouldn't think twice about making it two public cases

Have another read of this.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/misery-at-blackburn-rovers-leaked-documents-reveal-harrowing-details-of-the-indian-rule-at-riverside

I don't understand your answer but my point is that "Sack the board" is pretty futile when the board have to dance to the tune of the owners, who are still going to be there. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Think I need to take some time away from reading about this whole sorry scenario now, still absolutely livid and it's getting worse of anything!

I find it hard to believe there's many fans not feeling the same either.

Obrien would have been the best signing in many a year and IMO would have transformed the season. These 'transitions' JDT goes on and on about - Obrien is literally exactly what he needs to execute that gameplan. I posted on here last week about him being available but never thought it would happen. To get so close and fuck it up is unforgivable for me.

I'll continue to support the players but anyone else behind the scenes can get fucked.

Our reputation is in tatters, we struggled attracting player anyway, imagine now?

Agent: got you a deal lined up son to Blackburn 

Player: so they can fuck my season up like they did with Lewis? Not a chance

Same will apply to managers. I think JDT will walk, probably at the end of the season. I do not blame him 1 bit either. Imagine the pitch to potential new managers?

100% agree. The manor in how we’ve let slip is unforgivable…No striker is a massive fail seeing as it’s clear as day we need one…

I’m going off that O’brien isn’t happening, that way I won’t be disappointed tomorrow…Think thats how I’m going to be now moving forward in every transfer window.

I just feel sorry for JDT as much as us fans. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Completely agree. The lack of communication is almost as bad the administrative bungling. It shows total contempt and indifference for the supporters and smacks of arrogance too. And they wonder why gates are falling

Nail on head.

Managed communication can pour oil on troubled waters.

Whether you are a shareholder, employee, supplier, customer etc, effective communication can assuage concerns and  help take your 'audience' along with you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gav said:

If making us better to watch is the goal, then bringing him in would probably do that. I thought he was a player at Udders, had real quality in the games I saw.

But he’s not leading this side to promotion and he’ll be gone in May, you have to wonder what the strategy is.

I have been wondering what the strategy is - for 12 f***ing years. 😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, M_B said:

Considering nobody has a clue what has happened, or what will happen, there's an awful lot of opinion on here. Just page after page of people making stuff up, and then getting mad about it. 

Why not wait for the outcome first? 

Posted directly after a professional journalist summarises exactly what has happened and predicts what will happen 🤝 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

We’ve (somehow) agreed a deal with BRFCS legend Alan Nicko Nixon to feature his Rovers stories on BRFCS. The first of which is now live for those wanting to keep track: https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/articles/o'brien...-oh-dear.../348

Future articles coming soon…

Then its the fault at Rovers end for taking too long in negotiations.  Its probably 50/50 regards outcome.  If there's potential ramifications should Rovers go up then they should walk away from the deal but Rovers going up is as likely as me bedding Taylor swift

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The recruitment team isn't in charge of making transfer happening but finding targets within our playing budget that we think would improve the team. simply their job is to find players, scout them, either recommend them or not then present a shortlist to GB and JDT to decide who we want, then GB and SW need to negotiating the transfer with the club, player and agent. 

I was being facetious, but exactly. They've employed a recruitment team, but seemingly forgot to employ someone competent enough to complete the job.

• Like 1