BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I went to see the musical at the Opera House. It was worse than watching Rovers on a bad day. I thought my watch had stopped.

I know what you mean!

Did nothing for me either.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I went to see the musical at the Opera House. It was worse than watching Rovers on a bad day. I thought my watch had stopped.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I know what you mean!

Did nothing for me either.

Uncultured swines 😅

• Like 2

Grabben would be a very smart move from Rovers. However he turned down a contract extension in the summer with a now Premier League Forest, in favour for what one can assume was a very lucrative offer in Saudi. 

The fact he's only stayed 6 months suggests it's not worked out there for him. I'm not sure the reasons for him leaving. There's a good chance his salary demands could be sky high. If he's available, I'd say bring him in. 6 months or 18 months and he could solve this short term crisis. Providing his head is still in the game and he's not just looking for any final paydays.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, neophox said:

How is the appeal going?? Seems to take ages..

According to some posts on Twitter, it is being checked and double checked. Certain people are suggesting that's a sign it could be good news, but I am not too sure.

Could this be our get out of jail free card. If he goes for the kind of money Brentford are looking for then it could net us up to about £8million. 

Even if just some of that was made available to reinvest it could cushion the blow of losing Diaz for free. One thing is for certain. I can't see Brentford being as illogical as we are and refusing to sell an asset when their contract is running down.

Screenshot_20230211_083235_Twitter.jpg

13 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Could this be our get out of jail free card. If he goes for the kind of money Brentford are looking for then it could net us up to about £8million. 

Even if just some of that was made available to reinvest it could cushion the blow of losing Diaz for free. One thing is for certain. I can't see Brentford being as illogical as we are and refusing to sell an asset when their contract is running down.

If he runs his contract down and moves at the end of it, we'll get zilch, is that correct?

On 11/02/2023 at 08:37, ben_the_beast said:

Best keeper in the world, that lad. Someone should offer £80m for him immediately. 

13 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

Mowbray had him as a scapegoat, and some on here thought he was shit. It will be like Given, when he goes to one of the big city clubs they’ll still not recognise we made a mistake. They’ll say how well we’ve done well to get a cut of the transfer when we could have had all of the transfer.

Heaven forbid they accept they were wrong to criticise us for saying the fee was far too small.

In fairness though, we would never have got all of the transfer (if the transfer is indeed anything like 40 million in the end) keeping him here, as Championship keepers (especially those developed by Ben Benson) don't sell for anything like that. Without the Premiership spotlight there is a much, much smaller ceiling on the fee. One wonders how much difference a good keeper would have made that season we had to put up with Walton though...I know we finished way, way off the mark so it's hard to see that it would have pushed us up that far, but do better in a few games and the team's form can start to snowball.

• Like 1