BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/12/2022

Bad day at the office, dodgy on the roads travelling back home be careful everyone.

Beer already in the fridge ready for England game, roaring fire in pub on way back and Josh Warrington boxing after the football, its a great day of sport ahead - Did I mentioned Ebanie Bridges is also fighting - Google her. 

Come on England, Josh and of course Ebanie. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Travis is so limited as a player.  No pace, can't tackle, no goals....his passing is shit if its further than 10 yards.

Men v Boys in that midfield today. Tough lads in there, no fucking about.

He needs too many touches and slows the play right down. Our best performance of the season was at Blackpool when he played at full back and the midfield contained Wharton and Morton. They created, played with pace and intensity and kept the ball moving with two touches. I don't think we have seen them two together in a full game since. Jake Garrett is already better than Travis.

• Like 4

If this is modern progressive football then I'm checking out. Our opposition, in the last two games (our bitter piss taking rivals) from coaching staff to fans to players must be in a slight state of shock that we would continue to play a way (that we can't!) and not try to change it when its going horrificly wrong! 

We as fans have to sit there being laughed at by our buck tooth friends who cannot believe their luck that we would continue to keep handing them the game. All the while our players are just getting smaller and smaller.

I'm struggling to go two footed on Travis as he has shown in my opinion he has an effective game in the last few seasons, a rough scrappy game but he is very efficient at that game and we have liked him for it. Something is massively a miss at what he is trying or being asked to do as a player, I currently see a player before me who would be struggling to get in Clitheroe team.

Edited by cesus
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, den said:

TBH building from the back is good, it’s how most international teams play now. JDT’s problem is that he doesn’t have the players to play that game. He can try week after week to get them to do it but doesn’t know what to do when it’s not working. He came into this with no experience of championship football and it shows. I don’t believe he’ll turn this around.

Personally I don’t see anything good about it. I think everyone playing that way is killing the game and making it incredibly boring. Purely from a Rovers point of view it is costing us more goals than it creates.

I don’t think he will ever ditch the idea of wanting to play this way and will persist with it to the teams detriment. Luckily we got more points on the board than I expected before he has truly put his stamp on the team.

16 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

The warm weather training was the worst preparation. They should have had a week in the Lake District. 

I think this has been a significant cock up.  Ok, in summer you come back and play matches in sunshine for a while.....straight into the bleak mid winter has not been to our little boys likings....they like doing step overs in sunshine v Ajax.

I know for a fact nobbers played 2 behind closed doors games v St Johnstone and someone else, full pelt games in the cold.

Manager has some learning to do.  January is crucial

• Like 1

A month off to prepare for that !!! Just got home and had time to calm down but that was utterly s**t and embarrassing. We cannot play out from the back and the midfield was none existant, Dack the only one who seemed to care!! Oh and the ref was the usual standard how long you letting them have to celebrate a goal and then stroll back to there own half . Not been so annoyed in a long long time.

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Absolutely horrific performance from start to finish. The game was lost in midfield for me. Travis is broken and Morton wants too many touches on the ball. Neither of them are clever enough to take the ball properly off the cb’s which is why we’re constantly getting caught out. If you’re a midfielder like Buckley, Wharton or Garrett you should be banging the managers door down tomorrow….if JDT doesn’t think any of them can do any better than Travis right now then they need to find new clubs. Whiteman and and Ledson, two middle of the road Championship midfielders were made to look like world beaters.

Hyam, Carter and Wharton all had stinkers too.

Our best player was Dack. I said it before his goal, he was the only one to come out of it with any credit.

The managers subs were bewildering. They had to refresh the midfield not the front line. Take your talisman off 2 mins after pulling the game back to 2-1 🙈😩

can`t really blame the three at the back,they were constantley under pressure from us losing the ball in midfield,this system makes travis and morton look terrible tbh,both of them are limited so expecting them to take the ball from so deep and pass it through any team like xavi and iniesta did is`nt ever going to work,we need to play our football in the others team box not in or near our own

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

It's a forum, not an echo chamber - so whoever it is you are referring to can have their say.

Agreed.

It would also be good if said poster referred to the thread title when 'having their say' as I'm yet to see any appraisal of the game from them

• Like 3

Haven't posted for some time. The last two games have been an shocking. I can and have put up with a number of defeats over the years, but I have to say this team has no commitment or ability to play this tip tap football, that JDT favours. Sadly I believe that JDT is too set in his ways and doesn't have a plan B.  If he cant change tactic or the players then his days are numbered. 

• Like 7

When we saw that Dack was starting ahead of Gally, none of us could believe it.

6 home wins in a row, since September. JDT was the only person on earth that thought changing the personnel and formation was the way to keep that run going.

These changes were the reason that there wasn't a single Rovers player that was comfortable with the new formation, and we deservedly didn't have a sniff in the 1st half.

Then when we scored and developed a tiny bit of momentum, he decided to arrest that momentum by making the substitutions (taking off our only goalscorer), and sure enough, although Gally played well, that was our miniscule chance gone. 

I've said before that it is not JDTs objective and priority to get the ball to Brereton, or to score, or to win. The priority is to play the ball out from the back, pass it slowly through the phases, and eventually involve our front players. 

It is of no concern to him whether we win or lose, regardless of the opponent, as long as we perpetuate the experiment, and stick to the project plan. 

I'm not saying JDT out, or anything of the sort, but to change the players and system that has produced 6 consecutive victories, over 3 months, shows where his priorities lie. 

I do not agree that the players were to blame today,  any more than they were to blame for our disastrous run of midweek away performances.

The players do not buy in to these experimental tactics, and they sent a subconscious but clear message to JDT today. 

Pathetic doesn't even touch the surface. 

Defend away, project fans. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alan75 said:

Haven't posted for some time. The last two games have been an shocking. I can and have put up with a number of defeats over the years, but I have to say this team has no commitment or ability to play this tip tap football, that JDT favours. Sadly I believe that JDT is too set in his ways and doesn't have a plan B.  If he cant change tactic or the players then his days are numbered. 

Been saying it for years, we haven't got the players to play a 3 at back.  You need pace and natural talent on the ball....ours haven't got that.....Hyam is a good 442 centre half, Carthorse is shite, Scott I think it only suited to a back 4....even I can see that and I don't work with them.

55 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He needs too many touches and slows the play right down. Our best performance of the season was at Blackpool when he played at full back and the midfield contained Wharton and Morton. They created, played with pace and intensity and kept the ball moving with two touches. I don't think we have seen them two together in a full game since. Jake Garrett is already better than Travis.

That's a very low bar. Based on his showing at Burnley, Garrett is miles off it as well. 

• Like 1