BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/12/2022

23 minutes ago, BigBar said:

That Morocco manager is fucking good isn't he? Talk about a well drilled outfit. Very impressed with him. Looks like he takes no shit either.

It's simple really and not rocket science, just play to your strengths. Tomasson plays to our weakness.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Cuppliance said:

How TF are Rovers still 3rd. I didn’t check the points of the teams around us before the day but I just expected a slide down the table after that shower of $h!t€ yesterday.

We are third which some are using to defend Tomasson with. That is indisputable but the reality for most of us is that we are as far away from promotion into the Premier League as we have been in twelve years.

• Like 3

• Backroom
46 minutes ago, Mike E said:

All JDT needs to do is let the tippy-tappy happen up front......BUT insist the back 4 and midfield..... don't arse around in their own half.

He's insisting on the exact opposite though surely Mike.

It would need a full 180 on his philosophy.

Can't see that happening. And if JDT gets it to work and turns us into a flowing Rolls Royce of a team then I'll eat humble pie. Not holding my breath though. More likely this path is going to end in disaster.

Edited by Silas
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Silas said:

He's insisting on the exact opposite though surely Mike.

It would need a full 180 on his philosophy.

Can't see that happening. And if JDT gets it to work and turns us into a flowing Rolls Royce of a team then I'll eat humble pie. Not holding my breath though. More likely this path is going to end in disaster.

I agree entirely. If Tomasson was going to change anything he would have done it by now after the catastrophes of previous games. He must see it like we do and the many, many Rovers fans who are unhappy with it can't be wrong. My belief is that he is too stubborn and arrogant to change, it's almost like an admission of failure.

Norwich have the best presser in the Championship in Pukki. He will have a field day next week if we persist in suicide football.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cuppliance said:

How TF are Rovers still 3rd. I didn’t check the points of the teams around us before the day but I just expected a slide down the table after that shower of $h!t€ yesterday.

Norwich and Sunderland away will see us outside of the Playoffs, and likely that Tony Mowbray’s Sunderland overtake us in the process as he enjoys his Christmas lemon drizzle 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I agree entirely. If Tomasson was going to change anything he would have done it by now after the catastrophes of previous games. He must see it like we do and the many, many Rovers fans who are unhappy with it can't be wrong. My belief is that he is too stubborn and arrogant to change, it's almost like an admission of failure.

Norwich have the best presser in the Championship in Pukki. He will have a field day next week if we persist in suicide football.

im`e clinging on to the hope he brings in the players he`s already identified as key to making this short passing **** work,at the moment im`e struggling to like anything about jdt`s management

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

im`e clinging on to the hope he brings in the players he`s already identified as key to making this short passing **** work,at the moment im`e struggling to like anything about jdt`s management

You'd need almost a full team to make it work.

I remember managers in the past being fawned over by the media for them playing a passing game. "Doing it the right way." "Playing the game how it should be." Truth is their teams played terrible football and they all got their teams relegated eventually. Where are they now?

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

The players to make the short passing game work , would cost £millions 

I am clinging on to the hope , he has buggered off by New Year 🙏

3 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

The players to make the short passing game work , would cost £millions 

I am clinging on to the hope , he has buggered off by New Year 🙏

i stated earlier it would cost nigh on 30 million quid to make it work with better players,unless venkys are going to suddenly take an interest and open the cheque book it`s not going to happen,i expect us to start falling away and jdt to announce he`s off by the end of febuary,he`s not a pension top up merchant like mowbray,if he does`nt feel the "project " is happening he`ll resign

2 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

JDT must sign off on them though, otherwise the whole thing is unworkable.

But then again .... 🙂

Then again this is venkys world

JDT wasnt even in the running for the gig he was way down the list of candidates dont forget he got turned down for the Hibs job

Whats made my blood boil is three derbys all on sky playing it out from the back tippy tappy nothing to offer in midfield never mind up front and weve gone worse each game the blame rests firmly with JDT on this

I fear a slide down the table is on its way

• Like 1

2 hours ago, broadsword said:

Another one of these geezers in the shadows, collecting a pay cheque and keeping his head below the parapet. Almost like tomasson is his patsy.

Yet another riding the gravy train

How many of these chancers have we seen in the last 12 years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It's simple really and not rocket science, just play to your strengths. Tomasson plays to our weakness.

He sure does and is far too arrogant to change his ways or hold his hands up. Rinse and repeat. Yesterday was a nightmare showing and he couldn't/wouldn't adapt.

Championship centre halves, make shift wing backs, freezing cold, snowing...who the fcuk instructs them to play out from the back in a local derby? Oh yeah...the same guy that tried to outplay Burnley in yet another humiliation.

• Like 5

Absolutely disgraceful performance and result against a bang average side who struggle to score and were missing a big chunk of their team.

Obviously Tomasson can't be considered for the sack while we are in 3rd, but I think a big chunk of our fan base are understandably skeptical towards him. In most games he does some weird tactical thing that causes us to be imbalanced, he cannot turn games round by making changes tactically and he is stubbornly sticking to an overall tactic that doesn't suit us, that 2nd goal yesterday was as bad as you could wish to see. I am very unconvinced that the "journey" will lead us forward.

Yesterday, the Hedges drifting back into almost a wing back role and the balance of the front 3 was bizarre, we was caught in between 2 systems and we couldn't keep the ball forward.

I would also look back at the transfer window and say it was below average. Hyam is ok but nothing special, Brittain is ok and constantly injured, Morton is often invisible, Szmodics is usually poor, Mola again yesterday was miles out of his depth and we all know how bad Hirst is.

Performance wise, Dack was the only one to come out with any credit. Szmodics was invisible as was Brereton although you don't take your main goalscorer off at 2-1 down. The defenders were all poor and Travis and Morton were both hopeless.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 5

Anything up with Diaz? Did seem a really strange choice of subs.
Originally it was going to be 3 (Hedges was sent back to the bench) and it was going to be Dack. I’d find it strange he was going to replace BBD and Dack, obviously the goal made him change his mind on one of them.

Diaz looked a bit dodgy (ill?) when he came off, but he often looks shattered, just his body language, and it was freezing cold.

You mean Jim Fryatt with "the serious sideburns/anglebars"?

On a positive note we are still third so relegation looks unlikely! Also still in the League Cup.

Have to say there doesnt look much passion from JDT. The players are probably as confused as we are....and as bad as Travis was against Preston the worst performer was JDT....Smodzics AND Dack on together from the start?? 

Makes Tonys tombola look sensible!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Can see JDT walking. Surely he can see that he doesn’t have the players or the resources to implement his “project”

Now would be a good time as he can say he left us in 3rd spot.

JDT won't be walking cos he joined Rovers cos of this project and the way Rovers wanted to implement this strategy and project. 

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Spot on Athlete.

Its been 11yrs blaming manager after manager, the penny has to drop at some point.

JDT was 5th maybe 6th choice to replace Mowbray, the managers looked at in the summer that could actually take the club to the next level, soon realised the club has no money and no ambition under these owners and went elsewhere. 

JDT needs time, he's been in the building 5 minutes, but if anyone thinks he or anyone else for that matter, under Venkys, will take this club up, you're in for disappointment season after season.

How was JDT 5th choice or 6th choice given that GB made him his number 1 choice to be our head coach? Any chance of you answering this question cos it's a few times you said this but backed it up with nothing. 

Rovers have no money despite us being one of the biggest Championship spender without parachute payments. 

3 hours ago, booth said:

Brittain will never be a left wing back.

Hedges will never be a right wing back.

Yesterday Brittain started at right wing back and Hedges at left wing back. When Brittain went off, I would have moved back 4 and gone 4-2-3-1 with BBD up front

3 hours ago, booth said:

I don't know what Travis is trying to be but it's a pale imitation of a footballer.

Send Mola, Morton and Hirst back and bring in some experienced professionals.

I wouldn't send any back and I wouldn't overreacted to these 2 very poor results and performances 

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yesterday, the Hedges drifting back into almost a wing back role and the balance of the front 3 was bizarre, 

I watched it back this morning, I still don't understand what he wanted from the front 3 yesterday and why BBD wasn't central with Dack and Szmodics just off him. 

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

JDT won't be walking cos he joined Rovers cos of this project and the way Rovers wanted to implement this strategy and project. 

It’s unlikely he’d walk because he’s under contract. But if he decided it wasn’t for him, some corporate waffle spouted at a press conference months ago won’t have any bearing on it one way or the other.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Who is he going to bring in though ?

We have a good set of defenders now and they are struggling with it but they won't be replaced.  Morton is a decent footballer but too lightweight, Travis really struggles with it but to change him is a very big call by the head coach.

So we are stuck with it but if he does want to make it work he needs to replace that pair in the middle. With a pair who can play neat football under pressure and can do the rough stuff as well.

It ain't happening and i'm convinced he just thinks more and more training sessions and games and it'll just click.  I'm sure he knows he'll have no money to replace guys even if he wanted to.