BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - 17/12/22

10 minutes ago, J*B said:

Reacted quite predictably to him being encouraged to sign a new deal on the back of representing his hometown club then being told there’s not even a seat for him on the bus for the biggest game of the season

Sharpe reckons it’s due to his poor performance against West Ham. If poor performances warranted dropping from the squad, then we wouldn’t have any players to select from after the the past two matches. 

• Like 4

Maybe I'm missing something as I'm unable to watch it and just popped in to check the score, but everyone seems to be incredible positive despite the fact from the outside it looks like we're offering nothing and fluked a goal?

Anyone got a quick summary?

image.png.44245dea91e483ccf908ee8ee51b55f4.png

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if he could do it consistently he`d been in the 10 million class,hopefully as he gets older it will come

It's what we've missed. A player that will track back and go forward when necessary.

He's been terrible when picked this season so hopefully it'll give him a bit of confidence and good form.

Just now, RTM08 said:

Maybe I'm missing something as I'm unable to watch it and just popped in to check the score, but everyone seems to be incredible positive despite the fact from the outside it looks like we're offering nothing and fluked a goal?

Anyone got a quick summary?

image.png.44245dea91e483ccf908ee8ee51b55f4.png

Nah, they've played well so far apart from a few individual errors. It's an improvement.

Not many shots but they are getting the ball forward. I don't think I'm wrong in saying those stats flatter Norwich.

• Like 2

Odd half of football that. Norwich look a good side (for this level) but - Ayala tactical foul aside - we haven’t seemed too troubled.

We appear better when reactive (defensively-minded, direct) than proactive (play out from the back, break opposition down). This tracks closely with the “win when scoring first, lose when conceding first” stat and also with the age of the squad on the average. At a younger age, against experienced sides who are fine to defend, it’s a lot of mental acuity you need to break a team down that are determined not to be.

I think if we are to break teams down, there needs to be a wholly different approach in midfield and a different composition up front. We would have to be making the opposition camp out in their own half and denying every attempt at a break (3 battlers in the middle) and be able to stretch play in the final third. It needs players gambling and creating space.

• Like 1

Good away performance so far, Buckley and Ayala standing out. Very good team performance off the ball, not very good on it. Morton nearly gifted them another goal, he often takes too long in silly areas. Will be a different game in the second half, we need to be better on the ball otherwise they will score at least 1.