BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 26/12/22

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Can't believe we're still 3rd and have five of the bottom six over the next six game... Mental. 

Thought defence was pretty good and JRC excellent. However midfield and forward balance all wrong. What worries me is that we just struggled to get hold of the ball. Morton, BBD, Dack, Gallagher were all really poor. Morton wasted the ball in good positions repeatedly while Dack, Gallagher and BBD struggled to get on the ball at all. Thought Hedges, and Buckley did okay. 

We seem to be drifting back to the very top heavy 4231 we played at the start of the season with the front four all pushed up into the last third so the centre mids carry all the work in the middle third of the pitch. I just don't really get it personally. Very hard for us to establish control over a game.  

I suspect we will probably change systems again. Half way through the season and we are still very unsure of what we are doing tactically. But if you told me we would be third on boxing day I would have taken it.

Deluded!

1 minute ago, neophox said:

We really need some players in January...the backline today was ok...some individual errors from Buckley and Travis cost us today.

Well the new recruitment team have been getting bigged up a lot the lazt couple of weeks so they now need to really show there worth this transfer window

11 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

7am in the morning for a coach on boxing day to see that pathetic peformance. Feel sorry for the fans who went. As others have said a game it didnt seem we tried to win

My brother in law went as a Christmas present.  More like punishment 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

You could tell the Mowbray brigade is still here...hopefully we can have a good run from now and on.

I can remember sitting through the odd boring game under Mowbray. Not months of it though. We are absolutely awful to watch. 

JDT has managed to starve a £20 million striker with the most negative brand of football, I’ve ever seen. 

Edited by scotchrover
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Mowbray may be a prick but his experience knows how to see games like this out. Jdt is beyond naive and doesn't seem to have the balls to hold up his hands and scrap his silly ideas. 

Mowbray was the master of losing points in the last 5 mins. Let’s not sugar coat it.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

I can remember sitting through the odd boring game under Mowbray. Not months of it though. We are absolutely awful to watch. 

JDT has managed to starve a £20 million striker with the most negative brand of football, I’ve ever seen. 

I wish he was a £20m striker - as the summer transfer window showed, he's an £8m striker because that's what teams were willing to pay for him. 

• Like 2

We are so lightweight in centre mid, it's embarrassing.

Buckley, Morton, Wharton are all carbon copies of each other.  Weak, like to slow play down and play it backwards. They all also lack any sort of physicality. It means our forwards are starved of the ball and our defence has no out-let as long we persist in passing it out.  Non of them can play on the half turn, they get the ball square and play it back to their defender. 

I really miss Rothwell and Bradley Johnson.   We urgently need reinforcements in the middle of the park. 

It shocks me how many people think we are fine in the middle and any more would block the progression of the youngsters. I don't care about the youngsters. You bring in better players that can take us forwards, then those young lads need to raise their game too. I don't think any of them are good enough, weak, slow, backwards passing chuggers. The way the stroll around the pitch belies their lack of ability.  You've got to be busting your balls, winning tackles, spinning with the ball and creating things. Just not good enough.  Good defensively, Good attackers, but whilst we persist with that tosh in the middle of the park both ends of the pitch will suffer. Let's see if JDT recognises this and addresses in January. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's almost like we need three transfer windows...

When Ryan Hedges is your standout player in attack then you're seriously devoid of quality I'm afraid - I desperately want Gallagher to turn into a good player, but £5m was daylight robbery for him. Brereton-Diaz has completely gone off the boil and we don't have anyone to pick up the reigns. 

Our amazing run pre-January last year was due to Brereton-Diaz converting at a ridiculous rate. Our woeful run post-January was because he got injured. 

should have used the first one better!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Staffordshire Rover said:

Substitutions lost us that game, we lost all threat going forward and clearly didn’t shut up shop. Why is JDT not bringing Markanday on after how he played against Forest! Piss poor again!

To lose the threat going forward we'd have to have had one to begin with.

10 minutes ago, neophox said:

You could tell the Mowbray brigade is still here...hopefully we can have a good run from now and on.

What are you even on about? Everyone who is sick of JDT and posting here are the same lot who had that opinion of Mowbray. It’s his defenders who were the Mowbray fans.

• Like 5