BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham FA Cup 4th Round replay - 31/1/23

15 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I thought Wharton did pretty well for most of the game before completely going to pieces midway through the second half. Made one mistake which seemed to knock him and then several more followed. 

I thought he struggled after Scott Hogan came on. Although Wharton had a height and probably weight advantage on Hogan he seemed to be out muscled and his game went to pieces for the last fifteen minutes.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I thought he struggled after Scott Hogan came on. Although Wharton had a height and probably weight advantage on Hogan he seemed to be out muscled and his game went to pieces for the last fifteen minutes.

He made mistakes but was busy covering other people's backs. Defence shouldn't have to be constantly watching the mistakes of players who are out of their depth.

It was a frustrating watch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

All I saw second half was their keeper launching long balls into the old inside left channel over half way line onto Jutkiewicz’s head. He was getting flick ons back into centre field. They didn’t always go to a Brum player but we struggled to deal with the loose balls. Anybody else care to comment ?

The same player came on as sub in the home game and caused havoc then.

Yes, he bossed us when we played him at Ewood last time - I assume that was against Hyam and Ayala. He's fantastic in the air.

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Yes, he bossed us when we played him at Ewood last time - I assume that was against Hyam and Ayala. He's fantastic in the air.

According to Google we played Carter, Hyam, Wharton in a back three. Juke led us a merry dance after he came on at 75 minutes, we were under siege in the second half.  Phillips also came on at some point and I think he got a lesson. He’s really good at stopping his opponent from jumping as well jumping himself.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

All I saw second half was their keeper launching long balls into the old inside left channel over half way line onto Jutkiewicz’s head. He was getting flick ons back into centre field. They didn’t always go to a Brum player but we struggled to deal with the loose balls. Anybody else care to comment ?

The same player came on as sub in the home game and caused havoc then.

To be honest if I was a Brum fan the obvious question is "why didnt we just launch it all game" as we obviously couldnt handle it. When they tried to pass it were very very comfortable. But soon as they went direct we were buggered.

Wouldnt be surprised if on Tuesday they just play long. If their managers got any sense that will be it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Like everything else these days at Ewood, contracted out and nobody gives a toss about the fan experience. 

We have so much local food and drink to choose from, they'd jump at the chance to be involved at Ewood, bit nobody cares.

The pies are from Clayton Park bakery but I ain't a fan at all. 

I just would like to see some variety to the food options apart from burgers and hot dogs. Like a slice of pizza and drink for 4 pounds. I do like the Indian food served outside the BBE before the game but not available inside the stadium I believe

So how does the bloke with the jump on his man right by the penalty spot, powering towards goal, NOT score the rebound?
13F0A8EB-2147-4B75-A288-310EF5EBD7C2.jpeg.d96153929f12ee956c5e545cbbda854e.jpeg

Because he STOPS to watch what happens.

BFA3178F-5D3D-4742-A526-48277118D932.jpeg.f37e8e9125cb19a17b3fa08beec05788.jpeg 

Meanwhile, the other bloke who’d had his back to the goal while twice as far away and was double-marked, busts a gut to get close just in case…

Fuck off, Gallagher, you imposter.

91E7DCCF-A210-4D9E-8059-0E4A565973AB.jpeg.fb2de3067174f2c3cf0d2b646db6f76d.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

So how does the bloke with the jump on his man right by the penalty spot, powering towards goal, NOT score the rebound?
13F0A8EB-2147-4B75-A288-310EF5EBD7C2.jpeg.d96153929f12ee956c5e545cbbda854e.jpeg

Because he STOPS to watch what happens.

BFA3178F-5D3D-4742-A526-48277118D932.jpeg.f37e8e9125cb19a17b3fa08beec05788.jpeg 

Meanwhile, the other bloke who’d had his back to the goal while twice as far away and was double-marked, busts a gut to get close just in case…

Fuck off, Gallagher, you imposter.

91E7DCCF-A210-4D9E-8059-0E4A565973AB.jpeg.fb2de3067174f2c3cf0d2b646db6f76d.jpeg

Hes just a big wet lettuce 

• Like 1

Hope we take this seriously, would love to go further and some big hitters are already out.

Would personally swap the centre backs for Ayala and Phillips as Wharton again was shaky and Carter is clumsy himself. I also think that Dolan deserves to start over Gallagher, Travis for Buckley and if fit, Markanday for Hedges.

So a few changes but more to improve the team, rather than weaken it. I don't want to see Edun, Garrett, Vale and Pears all in.

1 hour ago, roverinmontreal said:

As somebody who was skeptical, it’s not hard at all to eat those words. In fact, they are delicious!

Yes, I think we’re all glad he has rebounded well. 

I never said he was finished; I simply said he will never be the same after two torn acl’s. And, he won’t. But, there’s still loads of quality there. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hope we take this seriously, would love to go further and some big hitters are already out.

Would personally swap the centre backs for Ayala and Phillips as Wharton again was shaky and Carter is clumsy himself. I also think that Dolan deserves to start over Gallagher, Travis for Buckley and if fit, Markanday for Hedges.

So a few changes but more to improve the team, rather than weaken it. I don't want to see Edun, Garrett, Vale and Pears all in.

You would start Moreton?

Well theres a replay Tuesday.... Whats frustrating about Rovers we can either play a big athletic centre forward who cant trap a ball (he must have mis controlled 4 or 5 good through balls on Saturday) or two or three various tidy players who can trap a ball (Vale, Dolan, Markanday) but who can't physically compete with centre backs. Either way the opposition is not quaking.

It would be ideal if we signed someone by Tuesday who can trap, head a ball, and go toe to toe with a championship centre back.

For what its worth lets try something different. If we havent signed anyone give Markanday a crack through the middle. May as well. At least he will offer a bit of pace in behind.

4 hours ago, Crozzy said:

Can we take a moment for the ‘Dack’s finished’ crew. Must be hard for them eating those words. Can’t be far behind our main striker for goals now with about half the games. Not bad for a has been hey?

He has 6 to Brereton-Diaz's 9.

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Birmingham FA Cup 4th Round replay - 31/1/23
1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Well theres a replay Tuesday.... Whats frustrating about Rovers we can either play a big athletic centre forward who cant trap a ball (he must have mis controlled 4 or 5 good through balls on Saturday) or two or three various tidy players who can trap a ball (Vale, Dolan, Markanday) but who can't physically compete with centre backs. Either way the opposition is not quaking.

It would be ideal if we signed someone by Tuesday who can trap, head a ball, and go toe to toe with a championship centre back.

For what its worth lets try something different. If we havent signed anyone give Markanday a crack through the middle. May as well. At least he will offer a bit of pace in behind.

Could be worth a try. Gallagher certainly not cutting it and Vale just doesn't seem to have enough at this level albeit he seems fairly well rounded.

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

I thought Wrexham’s front man today far better than Gallagher.

• Backroom
34 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He has 6 to Brereton-Diaz's 9.

Doesn't say much for the rest of our attackers, does it? Feels like we need to bin most of them and start again. Even BBD has been stuck on nine since bagging against Hudds on 5th November. Hasn't scored in seven matches now, although he at least has three assists to his name during that period.

Then there's Sam Gallagher. A paltry three league goals to his name (although some sites say four, either way rubbish), hasn't scored in nine matches and no assists to show for during that time either. In fact, he only has one assist to his name so far this season. Think we can put to bed the myth that Gallagher as centre forward will be a relevation that bangs in twenty goals a season. The lad is poor, get him sold and accept whatever loss we incur from the ridiculous £5m we paid.