BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (h) 19/4/23 @ 19:45

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is there a bigger set of bottlejobs in the Football League than this mob?

Unfortunately you have to include the manager in that. Went all "Sheffield United" again and put us completely on the back foot with the substitutions.

Bring back Tim flowers

Feel sick. Our season is panning out like the Sheff Utd FA Cup game in slow motion. Horrific. 

Id rather we fall out of the play offs with a string of heavy defeats than this. It’s torture. We’re not going to make it and we don’t deserve to with results like tonight.

There can’t have been a weaker team to have occupied a play off spot for as long as we have over a season.

Hard to tell which changes were tactical and which were enforced by injury. So many silly mistakes at the end to invite pressure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clitherover said:

It was the most winnable game with a bloody tough run up to the end of the season. It was absolutely a must win game.

We can beat PNE and Millwall, and Luton might be resting a few players against us. Burnley I'm fairly certain will smash us (again). Credit to Robins for making changes at HT, they looked a different side in the second half.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Feel sick. Our season is panning out like the Sheff Utd FA Cup game in slow motion. Horrific. 

Id rather we fall out of the play offs with a string of heavy defeats than this. It’s torture. We’re not going to make it and we don’t deserve to with results like tonight.

There can’t have been a weaker team to have occupied a play off spot for as long as we have over a season.

Hard to tell which changes were tactical and which were enforced by injury. So many silly mistakes at the end to invite pressure. 

I would say Millwall is on par...we will soon see WBA up there...they play Sunderland next big game...

We all hate Gallagher when we're trying to finish chances (although today he scored an absolute cracker)- but where we really missed him was those last 20 mins. He's a rubbish centre forward if you want someone to finish, but if your backs are against the wall and you need someone to defend corners and chase down the ball he's the guy... As soon as he went off we totally folded.

If he hadn't got injured we would have seen out that game. 

Also not having Garrett on the bench to bring on was a major oversight imo. We needed him to come on, not Morton.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

Can’t blame JDT much for that I feel, we didn’t have quality off the bench and that cones down to transfers. Every single sub did poorly.

The ref oth.. yeah he can be blamed.

I'm kinda with you there, we didn't have a single postive substitution to make and pretty much every player who went off looked absolutely goosed. Every sub was bloody useless!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, superniko said:

Not ideal but he was probably just on to run around and put them under pressure. 
We were 10 men behind the ball and as soon as we won it we launched it aimlessly (opposite of everything in the 1st half) - not sure what 5ft2 Dolan is meant to do with that. 

Not asking him to win a header but control the fucking ball, it's always bouncing off him, there was two occasions where he could have controlled it but his touch sent it about 3 yards away from him.

• Like 3

Szmodics was really good. He works really hard off the ball at both ends. After a dodgy start here I really like him now. Clearly very fit.

Gally was actually our second best player tonight. Shame he got injured.

Adam Wharton. Pure class. MoM.

JRC again good. Surely player of the season.

• Like 3

• Backroom

We're lucky that results went our way over the past couple of nights, and we're still clinging on to 6th. A horrible way to drop two points though. At this point if we announced tomorrow that BBD had been released early to join Villareal I'd be happy with that. Would rather see Leonard on the pitch for the last four games. 

1 minute ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Looking at our GD compared to the teams around us, it really is bizarre that we're in the mix at all. -2 whilst every other team in the top ten has a GD of +8 or higher. It's been a strange season. 

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

We all hate Gallagher when we're trying to finish chances - and to be fair to him scored an absolute cracker today - but where we really missed him was those last 20 mins. He's a rubbish centre forward if you want someone to finish, but if your backs are against the wall and you need someone to defend corners and chase down the ball he's the guy... As soon as he went off we totally folded.

If he hadn't got injured we would have seen out that game. 

Also not having Garrett on the bench to bring on was a major oversight imo. We needed him to come on, not Morton.

Although I agree the section about Gally is comical out of context 

Nerves got to me and I kind of suspected where this was going and didn't want to see it so I popped over to Swansea in time to see all out war, 2 reds and if they had VAR the match would have been abandoned. I got to see the 4th Swansea goal.

A quick check on the BBC final score was no suprise, thankful we didn't concede 2.

Diaz just fuck off, just going through the motions.

So I will have to wait to see highlights to see how we conceded, no fucking rush.

I moved out when Morton came on!

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Bring back Tim flowers

Can't blame the keeper for that. 

Handball.

Why was Wilson allowed time and space unmarked in the box

Why did we give them all the time and possession free kicks and corner in the final 5mins

Why bring on morton

We were done over by the ref tonight the equaliser was a clear handball and they should have had a man sent off for the studs down the back of Szmodics leg, that he didn't even book him summed his performance up.

Brereton was a disgrace tonight it is time to stop playing him as his heart is not in it. The equaliser summed it up we launch a free kick into their half and he's stood in an offside position. From the free kick for the offside they get the corner that leads to the goal.

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

The upcoming run of fixtures isn't kind and we certainly don't have the bottle for it.

So definitely wouldn't have the bottle when in the playoffs too. 

Naff I know, but I'm feeling quite philosophical about it.

Would definitely be nice to get a lottery ticket, but I would still feel as likely to win a prize as at a village fete with about 500 entrants. 

We're not there yet. But we're closer than ever. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neilbristol said:

Can't blame the keeper for that. 

Handball.

Why was Wilson allowed time and space unmarked in the box

Why did we give them all the time and possession free kicks and corner in the final 5mins

Why bring on morton

Think its a reference to "having bottle"

• Like 2