BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 23-24

2 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Just saw latest transfers and see that Brighton have sent a young Romanian winger to Vitesse Arnhem, having signed him previously and sent him back on loan to his Romanian club. Meanwhile, Villa have signed a Red Star Belgrade player and sent him back on loan there immediately.

I can't help be struck by the incredible contrast of these Premiership clubs investing in global young players and developing them out on loan. This is a separate development programme which plans for seasons ahead, alongside their academy and their first team.

Meanwhile, Rovers, in the second tier, are operating on the short-term of bringing in young players on loan just to stay in the league, spending money on loan fees and wages, only for the player to disappear in a few months and any added value going to the club they are contracted to. It's increasingly two different worlds. 

At the moment, the Rovers are in a world of their own.

• Like 2

• Backroom
5 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Just saw latest transfers and see that Brighton have sent a young Romanian winger to Vitesse Arnhem, having signed him previously and sent him back on loan to his Romanian club. Meanwhile, Villa have signed a Red Star Belgrade player and sent him back on loan there immediately.

I can't help be struck by the incredible contrast of these Premiership clubs investing in global young players and developing them out on loan. This is a separate development programme which plans for seasons ahead, alongside their academy and their first team.

Pretty much my strategy on FM tbf. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

Haha talksport quality had this dipper on crying and why are they talking about cricket when they should only be talking about him .... fucking nearly crashed tears blurred me vision laughing

Scousers

13 minutes ago, benhben said:

They'll be going all out for Xabi Alonso. Probably the next superstar manager based on his current form. 

Gerrard will crying to himself in the middle east.

Yeah, could see them going for Alonso. Obviously working wonders at Leverkusen.

In an office somewhere, sits Steve Waggott, teary eyed, as he realises that there will be no more kids arriving on loan from Liverpool.

"Don't worry, Suhail. Xabi is a kind man" says Silvester, attempting to lighten the mood.

It's a sad day.

59 minutes ago, roverandout said:

If he was managing Brighton or Bournemouth there wouldn't be nearly as much coverage.  Its all over the news. The big club bias Is sickening 

Sickening is a bit of an overreaction. Klopp as dislikeable as he is has had a massive impact on the Premier League. I know (and I am not alone) as a neutral, I think this is huge news.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

If he was managing Brighton or Bournemouth there wouldn't be nearly as much coverage.  Its all over the news. The big club bias Is sickening 

Sickening? I think that you need to lighten up a bit. One of the world's biggest football club's manager decides to leave without any notice. It's a big story. If JDT leaves we'll get nary a shrug in the national media, but it's not bias, it's reality. Rovers aren't international news.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Sickening is a bit of an overreaction. Klopp as dislikeable as he is has had a massive impact on the Premier League. I know (and I am not alone) as a neutral, I think this is huge news.

I think Klopp is great. The Premier League will miss him.

There are lots of unhappy Scousers around today, and lots of Man U fans hoping for a Moyes style descent into mediocrity. 

I'll echo others that Alonso ticks the replacement boxes; ex player (helps apparently), seemingly very impressive. Would he go to Liverpool then Real? 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Klopp has just announced he's leaving Liverpool at the end of the season.

Spent nearly One Billion in his tenure at Anfield.Clubs across the World will be contacting him...name your price.The good life.

Always comes across as an affable character imo.

• Like 1

Good riddance to Klopp going always moaning about something and talking down the English game.

9 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

There are lots of unhappy Scousers around today, and lots of Man U fans hoping for a Moyes style descent into mediocrity. 

They won't Klopp is a good manager but he is no Alex Ferguson.

7 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Spent nearly One Billion in his tenure at Anfield.Clubs across the World will be contacting him...name your price.The good life.

Always comes across as an affable character imo.

His net spend is the  lowest of the "big six" not that I think he was entirely responsible for the ins or outs with the transfers but they sold very well aswell .Top manager 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, bazza said:

Whenever he smiled, which he often did, I thought "What a lovely big set of dentures he's got". I'm sure I'm wrong but they really look false.

He’s defo been Turkey, let’s be honest.

Pep and Klopp are a gulf in class ahead of the other managers in the league. Man City have dominated over the last few years but Klopp and Liverpool have pushed them, without them City would have had a much easier ride of it and the season would have been over by March every season.

Ideally pep won't be much further behind klopp and there becomes a touch more competition at the top of the table. Otherwise City will run away with it every year.