BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

7 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Very poor statement, given its had more kick than the match ball 

I also saw the other day that the engagement guy , can't remember his name, now also has job title commercial manager , surely not?

You mean Yasir Sufi? 

Unbelievable statement, it really is. No one could have possibly thought that would do anything other than fan the flames. It does nothing other than deflect and leave pretty much everyone as much in the dark as they were already. After the past 18 months for them to come out and act as if they are putting a ton of money in when they have slashed the budget to the bone and left it to rely on itself is a joke. 

Something needs to change, and in the immediacy Swag would be a good start, with the owners to follow. 

• Like 1

I cannot see the sense of holding on to the Club until we are promoted to the EPL. Firstly its not happened or even been close in 12 years+ so what makes Venkys think things will change for the better when everyone can see the situation worsens year by year?

Secondly, say the reason for doing this is to get a higher price when they do agree to sell.

If it takes 4 years, and I still think its never, that would be another loss of £80M to add to the losses incurred already of around £240M.

So, conclusion, if their reasons are financial, they are even more deluded than I thought. Every year they hold on to the Club merely compounds the huge losses already piling up.

The only sensible thing to do, from a purely financial point of view is to cut their losses, sell for what they can get now and avoid accumulating new debt every year.

If there are other reasons, like wanting to get us back in the Premier League before they sell and bow out on a high as it were, then we are truly doomed because its not going to happen.

They are definitely spooked as I don’t ever remember ‘statements’ mid season before from this lot and we’ve had about three on that snazzy blue background already… a few chants aimed at those that like to stay in their submarines is obviously all it takes (doesn’t mean they’ll actually feck off this side of the century though).

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

They are definitely spooked as I don’t ever remember ‘statements’ mid season before from this lot and we’ve had about three on that snazzy blue background already… a few chants aimed at those that like to stay in their submarines is obviously all it takes (doesn’t mean they’ll actually feck off this side of the century though).

Thing is tho statement ain't from them it's maggotgander.  Just trying to appease the gullible ostriches and trying desperately to keep protests at bay and away from  his slimy skid stained fat lard arse...

Over to you fatty deny it .

I really hope the Fans forum go to town on them whenever the next meet is, and tell Waggott and whoever else rocks up that they don't buy that statement one little bit.

I read in my paper today that the current government plan to do something about useless owners like the Chicken Chokers.

” For too long some clubs have been abused by unscrupulous owners who get away with financial mismanagement, which at the worst can lead to financial collapse “

Venkies, they’re talking about you.

They need to bring in legislation that will make absentee owners of clubs be compelled to divest themselves of clubs. Given who is bringing in the legislation I won’t be holding my breath though.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

I really hope the Fans forum go to town on them whenever the next meet is, and tell Waggott and whoever else rocks up that they don't buy that statement one little bit.

They won't tho . 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I read in my paper today that the current government plan to do something about useless owners like the Chicken Chokers.

” For too long some clubs have been abused by unscrupulous owners who get away with financial mismanagement, which at the worst can lead to financial collapse “

Venkies, they’re talking about you.

They need to bring in legislation that will make absentee owners of clubs be compelled to divest themselves of clubs. Given who is bringing in the legislation I won’t be holding my breath though.

This is it - what will determine Rovers future more than anything else is intervention by a UK regulator. They can ignore us, but they cant ignore the law.

We need to make sure as soon as the regulator  is stood up in the next few months Rovers is top of the inbox. Im wondering if a case can be put together once the regulators terms of reference are published and a team including the likes of Tim Farron, David Speedie etc could be put together to interface with the regulator?

Interesting that a new football governance Bill is being pushed through parliament today.

This feels like a big step in the right direction and probably a Bill that owners like Venkys will hate.

I don't know the ins and outs of the regulatory powers but I'm sure this is an avenue we can go down, particularly if Venkys are not able to provide the necessary funds to the club due to restrictions in India.

Anything that gives fans more power is a winner in my book.

• Like 1