BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

12 minutes ago, J*B said:

Juke in for low hundreds of thousands, Gally out for decent £ is good business. 

It really isnt. Gallagher is a far better striker and that is saying something, especially for the sake of maybe 500k-1m in the owners back pocket never to be seen.

• Like 1

If Rovers sign this guy, will @chaddyrovers seek help from The Samaritans or will he turn over a new leaf and welcome even ex Clarets if they can help Rovers!?

His goal record isn't great (think he's about a 1 in 5 man) but my goodness we do need a half decent experienced physical presence up front.

It's almost scraping the bottom of the barrel but think we could do worse if Gallagher goes.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

That's why signing a proper keeper needed to be the number one target.

The one position on the pitch you can't mess about with or gamble on a development player is your keeper.

And yet that is exactly what the Rovers are doing.

• Like 1

Given eeyore is 28 and the brum lad mid 30s I’d rather stick with eeyore given there’s marginal gains if any in ability if intended as a replacement and not in addition to. A no thanks from me. 

Edited by matt83

17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The new Jim Fryatt ? Or is it the new Frank Lord ?

We have had worse than 'Big Jim'!  My God, he could head a ball - who can forget that header at the Blackburn End back in the late sixties against Man City in the FA Cup at Ewood to make it 1-1 in front of 40,000+.  I was at the back of the Blackburn End that night and it was a magnificent header and the noise almost blew the feckin roof off.

As for Frank Lord, add Alan Gilliver and Martin Britt to the list to name but two.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, J*B said:

Juke in for low hundreds of thousands, Gally out for decent £ is good business. 

Is it bollocks.

Anyone thinking he'd be a good signing has become utterly brainwashed, or just accepted we're well on the road to league 1.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We have had worse than 'Big Jim'!  My God, he could head a ball - who can forget that header at the Blackburn End back in the late sixties against Man City in the FA Cup at Ewood to make it 1-1 in front of 40,000+.  I was at the back of the Blackburn End that night and it was a magnificent header and the noise almost blew the feckin roof off.

As for Frank Lord, add Alan Gilliver and Martin Britt to the list to name but two.

Both of those ( Gilliver and Britt ) were really good players prior to getting injured before we signed them. A bit like Martin Dahlin. The Gilliver signing fiasco led to mandatory fitness tests for football league players. We even got some money back as a result of the case.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Don’t know if Juke is Gallagher or Ennis replacement but has been a solid championship player for years and a lot bette Ethan both combined. Hopefully keep Gallagher and bring him in on Ennis wage for abit of experience upfront and wins all his headers

We keep conceding and especially in the last 10-15mins he is the most capable championship player of smashing the ball upto and holding onto it, makes a lot of sense to me, let Sammie and others do the scoring he can be the Owens Heskey that’s key to winning games 

• Like 1

I actually have liked Jutkewicz as a Championship striker for a few years now. Always causes problems and is something we are lacking. I've often wondered why Burmingham haven't utilised him more over the last few years.

However, never imagined he would be a player we would bring in as its completely against the model and I wouldn't say he's a pressing forward.

He's not renewing at Brum through a lack of starts and I can't see that changing here. He'll get some game time but used from the bench most likely I would have thought.

Can't see it happening personally.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Mercer said:

That was my first ever game, my mum took me.

• Like 1

Former Boro and current big club striker. Fantastic. I wonder how he has come on to our radar. Have the scouts recommended him, just like they supposedly recommended Leo and Semir?

Somehow, I don't think age is going to be an issue here, as it was with Batth.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I was amazed to read that he only got 4 league goals for us...

Juke on an 18 month deal would be good business for us. We need someone who has a presence up front as none of our strikers have that. He'd also help with depending set pieces - we're the worst in the league for corners conceded - and would also mean we can go a bit more direct if plan A is not working.

He's miles better than any other strikers we have at the moment. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

IMG_8426.png

He wasn’t any good at his peak. If we were just looking at him for cover I’d be disappointed, and let’s face it if he signs he’s the main striker.