BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

3 hours ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Chelsea after Wharton? £50m it is then.

The Gallagher thing probably explains why he's had a face like a slapped arse in all the recent social posts by the club.

That would be the price for us to start even entertaining the idea of selling him. All the talk of 15/20 million and reinvesting is stupid, it’d be swallowed up instantly for a few months wages. Selling out most integral player needs to be money that can make a positive difference.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Are there actual legs in the Gallagher to Ipswich for £2m story?

I haven't seen it on Twitter much (just fans speculating). I'd drive him there myself for that. 

Nixon reckons we are close to agreeing a £2m fee with Ipswich.

Screenshot_20240128_124057_X.jpg

• Like 3

2 mill is a great price for Gallagher with a year left on his contract.

I think yates would be an upgrade. It is a loss of height to the team but then again Gallagher doesn't always make good use of his size. Him and Szmodics together would be a nice combination

• Like 2

11 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

FFS! Have u ever played football? The minute your defenders start losing confidence in the keeper, they start making mistakes. They start trying to 'protect ' him, leading to mis-timed tackles, going for headers that the keeper should collect,  etc etc. Defence starts with the keeper, end of! (I used to be one, I know! If I lost form, the guys in front of me did daft things!)

if a keeper made a bad mistake on sunday morning he used to get pelters from everyone and made to buy everyone a pint,amazing what a turnaround in form can happen if the keeper has to buy 13 pints every sunday afternoon😄

7 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I'll be the first to say it... shame on any "fan" who boos Sam Gallagher if/when he comes back as an Ipswich Town player on March 29th. (Say what you will, but there will be boos!).

The lad gave (gives!) everything for this club - on and off the pitch - 100% effort since day 1, and that is all that counts. 

Fact is, Gallagher isn't far off having a 1 goal every 4 game ratio. 43 goals in 200 league games. Not bad for a guy utilised 75% of the time on RW. (214 appearances with 46 goals total).

Save the boos for the Bradley Orr's, Shane Duffy's and Danny Murphy's.

Not only does Sam Gallagher deserve applause, I'll personally be standing when I do it.

Rothwell?

18 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I'll be the first to say it... shame on any "fan" who boos Sam Gallagher if/when he comes back as an Ipswich Town player on March 29th. (Say what you will, but there will be boos!).

The lad gave (gives!) everything for this club - on and off the pitch - 100% effort since day 1, and that is all that counts. 

Fact is, Gallagher isn't far off having a 1 goal every 4 game ratio. 43 goals in 200 league games. Not bad for a guy utilised 75% of the time on RW. (214 appearances with 46 goals total).

Not only does Sam Gallagher deserve applause, I'll personally be standing when I do it.

I'll applaud Broughton if he can get £2m for Gallagher.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, sharpysharps86 said:

If Ipswich are willing to pay £2m for Gallagher then we have to take that. If the player wants to leave as well then no point keeping him when we can cash in, ASLONG as we have a replacement already lined up. If the replacement is Jerry Yates on loan with the option to buy then I'd be fine with that, but having the option to buy is crucial. You'd like to think he'd do ok at Rovers, the lad managed 14 league goals in a terrible Blackpool side last season, so he's got something about him.

Not sure why Swansea fans aren't keen on him. Even though he's only managed 6 league goals so far this season, its still more than any of our recognised strikers.

I agree we should be selling Gallagher for £2m and use the funds to sign players but also get his wages of the bill where we can spend the wages on players who can play games and make more of an impact on games 

Yates would be good signing for us and give us quality and experience up front. 14 goals last season for relegation team Blackpool last season

59 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

That would be the price for us to start even entertaining the idea of selling him. All the talk of 15/20 million and reinvesting is stupid, it’d be swallowed up instantly for a few months wages. Selling out most integral player needs to be money that can make a positive difference.

I feel £25m is about the right price considering how much Alex Scott was sold to Bournemouth to Bristol City

5 minutes ago, Polky said:

I'm sure he is one will be look at if we get funds to buy him through Wharton sale

24 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I don't think there will be anyone booing Gallagher? He gets criticised but really don't think he's hated.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if a keeper made a bad mistake on sunday morning he used to get pelters from everyone and made to buy everyone a pint,amazing what a turnaround in form can happen if the keeper has to buy 13 pints every sunday afternoon😄

Or how quickly your backup CB finds himself in net. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I feel £25m is about the right price considering how much Alex Scott was sold to Bournemouth to Bristol City

Why would you pick one player transfer out of the hundreds that happen every year as your benchmark? And why that particular one?

I don’t really give a toss how much other players have gone for, as a club our primary concern should be what benefits us most. I’ve even heard people talking about a “fair price, which is just a ridiculous way to approach things.

First and foremost we shouldn’t want to sell our best player. If someone wants to buy him they must expect to make an offer we can’t refuse. Venky’s literally have more than £25 million set aside with Indian courts so they can send over money to keep paying wages and bills. It is not an amount of money that is going to allow us to progress in the pitch. Losing Wharton would weaken us massively and put us in real danger of relegation, what good would £25 million be then? No amount of money we could spend would allow us to improve on Wharton at the present moment, and while swapping one exceptional player for 4 or 5 good ones might be something that we can reluctantly accept, swapping him for a years wages for his inferior teammates would be inexcusable.

• Like 1

£2m for Gally then we must take it. Gally out and Phillips and Yates in would be very good business. We're actually on the verge of having a decent window and ending up stronger than at the beginning of the window.

Still, we all know no signing is guaranteed until it's announced on the Rovers website. We know that only too well from last Jan.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Why would you pick one player transfer out of the hundreds that happen every year as your benchmark? And why that particular one?

I don’t really give a toss how much other players have gone for, as a club our primary concern should be what benefits us most. I’ve even heard people talking about a “fair price, which is just a ridiculous way to approach things.

First and foremost we shouldn’t want to sell our best player. If someone wants to buy him they must expect to make an offer we can’t refuse. Venky’s literally have more than £25 million set aside with Indian courts so they can send over money to keep paying wages and bills. It is not an amount of money that is going to allow us to progress in the pitch. Losing Wharton would weaken us massively and put us in real danger of relegation, what good would £25 million be then? No amount of money we could spend would allow us to improve on Wharton at the present moment, and while swapping one exceptional player for 4 or 5 good ones might be something that we can reluctantly accept, swapping him for a years wages for his inferior teammates would be inexcusable.

I don't want him sold this window ,but eventually (summer) the player will want to test himself in the premier league (surely has ambitions of playing for England).Talk of £50 million is pie in the sky stuff.

£25 mil -£30 mil is the absolute max a premier league club will pay for a player that doesn't play in the top division 

• Like 1