BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

21 minutes ago, Hasta said:

You're a weird one. Spam the whole summer transfer thread with ITK bollocks and after timing. Then don't post at all since the end of August. Now suddenly back with 2 days left of this window now there is a sniff of activity.

Also given the fact there was a flight from Cancun landed at 8am and the players Mum is liking all Rovers content on social media, it's decent odds on that he landed in Manchester and any one of us could be that "ITK". The bloke is a Nixon parody.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Don’t come on here as much as I used to and also don’t claim to be an ITK, but thought I’d share what I do know. 

A.Wharton doesn’t really want the Palace move. Adam is very close with his family, still lives with his parents & Scott bought a house just down the road to stay close by. 

Adam and family are obviously aware of his potential and knew one day that a move away from Rovers is a real possibility, however they all preferred a move to a club further north. ‘A club as far down as Wolves’ would have been Adam’s preference. 

Still likely that the move goes through but it’s not because the player wants it. 

There was a time when united would have been all over an exciting young talent like Wharton, no wonder that clubs now just a sess pit full of egos

• Like 3

Hopefully the Wharton move getting done means we can do some business. The absolute worst would've been for this to drag out and him go on deadline day leaving us scrambling. Hoping we have enough time to get a few deals done because our squad definitely needs quality additions.

4 minutes ago, Judge21 said:

That is on JDT and nobody else

What is? The endless pursuit of cost cutting?

So JDT is working his way through his squad and weeding out the biggest earners and most experience? Why?

With Travis and Buckley the situation as I see it is quite simple. 

Venkys have the Indian issues / restrictions. This prevents any increase to the wage bill and probably means Broughton has been instructed to cut it further. In collaboration with JDT those two were identified as the sacrificial lambs on a cost-benefit analysis. 

This is partly because rival Championship clubs will see two relatively experienced and proven Championship players and consider it worthwhile entering into a loan agreement for 6-12 months as a 'try before you buy' scheme. In Buckley's case it didn't work out - poor choice of club and he got injured. 

Without those departures or equivalent from the wage bill there would be zero scope for incomings.

All starts at the top with Venky financial nonsense in play again. At a normal football club the Travis one would never have happened, or certainly not in the first week of the window. It would have been a case of loan but only late on in the window if and when we have secured replacements. Or a sale for a reasonable fee so we can reinvest. 

Letting him go on loan in the first week of the window, knowing PL interest in Adam Wharton was near, was madness, as is the suggestion that we are well covered in his position and using an injured Buckley, totally unproven Ayari and regularly injured / deployed at RB Rankin Costello as examples of why.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I can confirm he was in Manchester just spotted him boarding a train a to Sheffield.

Was he with his mum closely being followed by a man in an anorak and a phone in his hand by any chance 😂

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Don’t come on here as much as I used to and also don’t claim to be an ITK, but thought I’d share what I do know. 

A.Wharton doesn’t really want the Palace move. Adam is very close with his family, still lives with his parents & Scott bought a house just down the road to stay close by. 

Adam and family are obviously aware of his potential and knew one day that a move away from Rovers is a real possibility, however they all preferred a move to a club further north. ‘A club as far down as Wolves’ would have been Adam’s preference. 

Still likely that the move goes through but it’s not because the player wants it. 

If his heart’s not in it he’d be better off not going there.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

I keep seeing links to Kyle McFadzean...

I swear if we bring him in, at 36 years old, right after selling Adam... then I give up! 

A poster on here, who said Travis was going to Ipswich before anyone else knew mentioned it, confirmed we are looking at him. 

Gregg will be really pushing the average age up if we sign this old man.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Then you have unhappy player who wants to leave for rest of the season..

What's more important - Rovers having enough proven capable players to call upon for the rest of a tough Championship season to secure enough points to survive / be successful...

Or Travis not being 100% happy at not playing as much as he would like?

The Club comes first, professionals knuckle down and get on with it. 

You always manage to do this - turn every significant departure into 'player X being unhappy and wanting to leave' as a justification for every sale/cost cut.

Will you ever hold Rovers responsible?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

A poster on here, who said Travis was going to Ipswich before anyone else knew mentioned it, confirmed we are looking at him. 

Yup, wouldn't surprise me at all to see us make the most underwhelming signing of all time, straight after selling the best talent that's ever come through our Academy for a record fee...

Edited by TheRevAshton

20 minutes ago, rover23 said:

I think that will be correct and that Rovers are pushing for the deal to go through as much as Palace.

10 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

I keep seeing links to Kyle McFadzean...

I swear if we bring him in, at 36 years old, right after selling Adam... then I give up! 

McKnob

Only reason he's half decent is because there's no VAR in the Champ.

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Well, JDT did want experience, he's certainly got that. Wasn't in Coventrys squad last night 

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Then you have unhappy player who wants to leave for rest of the season..

How do you know he wouldn’t then buckle down to help his teammates for three months?

He’s the long established club captain. You obviously have a very poor opinion of his character.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Yup, wouldn't surprise me at all to see us make the most underwhelming signing of all time, straight after selling the best talent that's ever come through our Academy for a record fee...

I mean time isn't exactly on our side but yeah...a 37 year old. 

He has played 15 games this season and scoring 1 which is quite impressive in that Coventry side. (Considering his age). We are at panic station mode...

Edited by BankEnd Rover

24 minutes ago, rover23 said:

This is what I suspected and posted last night. 

He's being forced out against his wishes. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have Tronstad, Garrett, Buckley(back soon), Ayari and JRC. 

It's all well and good listing those players, but which of those can come and get the ball off the defenders in tight spaces like Wharton did?  JDTs style of play is heavily reliant on that, and as recently as Monday night their goal came from a Garrett mistake in a dangerous area.   You say Travis' doesn't suit JDTs style of play, but which of those 4 (assuming Tronstad is a mainstay now) is going to play alongside him to great effect? 

JRC also had a couple of cameos in midfield before his injury and I'm not sure he has the discipline or know-how to play in a fairly exposed midfield. 

As things stand we've lost two first team midfielders (one the best player in the team IMO and irreplaceable with the current crop), and we've brought in a relative unknown from Brighton who struggled at Coventry earlier in the season.  It's not good enough, and if we don't address it I'm expecting a real slog from now until May. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

What's more important - Rovers having enough proven capable players to call upon for the rest of a tough Championship season to secure enough points to survive / be successful...

Or Travis not being 100% happy at not playing as much as he would like?

The Club comes first, professionals knuckle down and get on with it. 

Exactly the club come first and we want players to play here and happy here. Travis wanted out twice within 5 months. He wanted to leave here. 

You always manage to do this - turn every significant departure into 'player X being unhappy and wanting to leave' as a justification for every sale/cost cut.

Wrong there. I don't want to sell Wharton tbh but turning down 22m would be huge if we reinvest some of money(around 50%) and sign players in the window and in the summer 

Will you ever hold Rovers responsible?

For what? Wanted players to be here and signed players that suit our formation and style of play

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

What is? The endless pursuit of cost cutting?

So JDT is working his way through his squad and weeding out the biggest earners and most experience? Why?

With Travis and Buckley the situation as I see it is quite simple. 

Venkys have the Indian issues / restrictions. This prevents any increase to the wage bill and probably means Broughton has been instructed to cut it further. In collaboration with JDT those two were identified as the sacrificial lambs on a cost-benefit analysis. 

This is partly because rival Championship clubs will see two relatively experienced and proven Championship players and consider it worthwhile entering into a loan agreement for 6-12 months as a 'try before you buy' scheme. In Buckley's case it didn't work out - poor choice of club and he got injured. 

Without those departures or equivalent from the wage bill there would be zero scope for incomings.

All starts at the top with Venky financial nonsense in play again. At a normal football club the Travis one would never have happened, or certainly not in the first week of the window. It would have been a case of loan but only late on in the window if and when we have secured replacements. Or a sale for a reasonable fee so we can reinvest. 

Letting him go on loan in the first week of the window, knowing PL interest in Adam Wharton was near, was madness, as is the suggestion that we are well covered in his position and using an injured Buckley, totally unproven Ayari and regularly injured / deployed at RB Rankin Costello as examples of why.

My point was that JDT wasn’t playing Travis so he was moved out. Similar to Buckley in the summer.

We all know the issues with Venkys and don’t disagree with your points regarding them

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

How do you know he wouldn’t then buckle down to help his teammates for three months?

He’s the long established club captain. You obviously have a very poor opinion of his character.

Who wanted to leave twice within 5 months and was unhappy not playing the 6 role under JDT