BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

I gave zero excitement regarding rovers nowadays.  I barely know when they're playing.  My mum and I used to love going rovers but i refused to go again once venkys showed their colours.  Those bastards took that from me. She's dead now and I can't ever get that back 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, booth said:

He means we're short on central midfielders. I'm not sure why this needs explaining.

We have Tronstad, Garrett, Ayari, JRC, Buckley(back soon and the ideal player to replace Wharton in the 8 role), potential new signing

6 minutes ago, booth said:

Do you really think our recruitment matches JDT's playing style? Or his playing style is in any way an influence on how the club goes about its business?

That's why we're 18th in the table!

Our recruitment should fit the way we play football. 

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He's a central midfield player, going to get at least play offs with Ipswich.

He'd start every game now Wharton has left.

I'm not sure he would start tbh here. I think Garrett or Ayari will take the place of Wharton

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Remember that when Ayari came in he wasn't coming as Travis replacement according to JDT.....so no one had replaced Travis and no one has replaced Wharton...

No one replaced Adam Armstrong and that was Summer 2021.

And we're still waiting for the American lad with an hour to go.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The 200 million isn't actually a real debt to anybody, well the majority of it anyway, it's just what these owners have spent and isn't down on the clubs books as borrowings as far as i'm aware.

It’s ‘owed’ to Venky London Limited but without any contracted terms regarding its repayment. 

It shows in Rovers account as Amount owed to parent undertaking 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

IMG_0865.thumb.jpeg.bf925d7df504aa8e9471277bd217bca1.jpeg

Fair enough. Keep the losses coming and only another 75 years or so before we owe more than Venkys are reportedly worth and we can be rid of them then. Only really have Szmodics left worth any real value and we don't invest in anything but Loans so no worry on unearthing another gem, I'll be long dead but at least I can sleep tonight knowing they wont be around in the year 2100 😁 Night All

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Gregg says fans will be very excited with this player. So let's be thankful 

I’ll be thankful of being excited by a player, so long as “excitement” isn’t a euphemism for heart palpitations when he passes to an opposition player while playing out from the back and punching my own head when we concede from it. Not that I expect that, of course.

• Like 3

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

I just want to know why we can’t sign -anyone for a fee now? Must of got a call last night saying loans only. 

Strange in of itself, because if the Wharton money was going towards running costs anyway, why did Broughton think he could spend £2m+ on a striker? Why are we seeing a repeat of the summer where a list is drawn up only to be ripped up by Venky's seemingly without our DoF having any clue that it was going to happen? 

We're totally dysfunctional and it's being laid bare for the third transfer window in a row. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, neophox said:

Remember that when Ayari came in he wasn't coming as Travis replacement according to JDT.....so no one had replaced Travis and no one has replaced Wharton...

Lets see who plays in midfield on Saturday, that will show who is going to replace Wharton.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not sure if you’ve still blocked me for questioning some of your previous statements. But if you haven’t, serious question, do you feel this is the case?

Do you feel that the recruitment in this window and the last ones has fitted the way we play football. Im struggling to work out where a 37 year old CB fits with ‘the model’ or where Ennis fitted with that same model.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have Tronstad, Garrett, Ayari, JRC, Buckley(back soon and the ideal player to replace Wharton in the 8 role), potential new signing

I'm not sure he would start tbh here. I think Garrett or Ayari will take the place of Wharton

You are making it worse. But you've managed to inadvertently support the argument/fact that we have significantly weakened our central midfield options in this transfer window. Open your eyes.

Edited by Devon Rover
  • Like 4

Ayari the guy who failed at Coventry, the guy they called a "soft touch."

I like Buckley and would love to see him crack on, but he's so inconsistent. He got his chance last season and impressed less than he did under Mowbray.

What you're basically saying is a lad who failed at another club, and another lad who hasn't done so great under JDT here, is the replacement for our £20m wonderkid.

It should but it clearly doesn't.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

I’ll be thankful of being excited by a player, so long as “excitement” isn’t a euphemism for heart palpitations when he passes to an opposition player while playing out from the back and punching my own head when we concede from it. Not that I expect that, of course.

Thanks. That made me laugh at least..(even if it does ring true)

• Like 1

• Backroom

Is Buckley back soon? When is his estimated return? I only know that he had surgery on his shoulder somewhat recently, so assumed he wouldn't be back until around April at best. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Fair enough. Keep the losses coming and only another 75 years or so before we owe more than Venkys are reportedly worth and we can be rid of them then. Only really have Szmodics left worth any real value and we don't invest in anything but Loans so no worry on unearthing another gem, I'll be long dead but at least I can sleep tonight knowing they wont be around in the year 2100 😁 Night All

Why pretend you were suggesting Wharton’s sale was some sort of Venky’s exit strategy? You’ve just pointed out the futility of that argument above. It’s ok to just admit you were misinformed.

• Like 3

Dismal deadline day so far and a dismal window overall. Add that to dismal window in the summer and it's no surprise that our league position is rapidly on the decline. 

Hull are the big winners in the Jan market. We were streets ahead of them last season so it just shows what a decent owner can do for a club. And we're a great example of what a terrible owner can do for a club.

Edited by rovers11
  • Like 5

41 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Look the debt needs clearing the only way of doing so is selling! Sure some money needs to be reinvested but that's a Venky issue that is seperate to the fact £22m for a teenager with less than 50 apps for a Championship club with no International caps above Under 20's level is a decent deal.

We don't hear from you often, but when we do its invariably stuff like this. I can't make sense of it. Whether £22.5 is decent money or not can only be seen by supporters as a good deal if its reinvested in the squad and we move rapidly up the table.

That's not going to happen, its never happened and we've lost a key member of our squad.

Stop defending these bastards. They paying you or something?

• Like 8