BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v West Bromwich Albion (a) - 13/1/24

3 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

No offence but your fix might take a while to implement. Changing formation takes a week. I agree the owners are shit and the transfer windows have been shit. But JDT is not even rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic he is sitting on them saying "the band are still playing" 

Fair enough, I just don't see how changing formation will do anything when we're forced to rely on kids and freebies.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

baffling comment but I bite tho, lets say JDT is gone tonight who you replacing him with? 

Baffling comment...you asked the same when Mogadon was in charge and now you love his replacement......🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

JDT was sold a false dream. And it got worse as time went on. Agree, he could try to adapt given the dire circumstances but suspect things have gone beyond that. Hanging by a thread now –suspect he is in shrug mode and players too.

I look forward to the list of no-hopers, Coyle-like chancers and those managers desperate enough to come here for a packet of pork scratchings. Guess we could sell Sammy, Gally or Adam and use the funds to pay off JDT and try to get someone in. Or maybe Benson or Lowe could step up?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He's had a few digs at fans and he strikes me as one who is here because his club sold him and he is being paid well to be here.

I don't think it was a move by much choice on his part but he isn't my cup of tea as a player or character.

Very reminiscent of the Scott Dann signing. He played like he didn't want to be here, was shite most of the time, apart from a few games here and there.

As soon as I saw that Blackburn End moment from Hyam, I was done with him. Never in the class of Nelsen, Short, Berg etc as a player or leader.

• Like 3

• Backroom

Good to see JRC back... Gallagher kind of... just hope we aren't rushing them back too soon. I was under the impression both were initially penned for a February-ish return to the team. Maybe a case of needs must. 

Edited by DE.

3 minutes ago, superniko said:

Without sounding like a massive aftertimer (it will though)…I’ve never really bought into the Hyam hype that he gets from Rovers fans. 
Weak as piss, not vocal, doesn’t seem like a leader (could be wrong), absolutely horrendous at dealing with anything slung into the box or if it gets scrappy in the box.

Having said all that, we didn’t particularly look any better at the back when he was out, and it can’t be easy with whatever you want to call the person in the nets (he’s certainly not a goalkeeper) behind you. 

Playing for safety now and I guess the hope of an FA Cup run if we continue to get lower league opponents. 

I've always thought Hyam is good when he's alongside another good player/or player in form. He's too quiet to be the leader of the two. He's also probably not match fit at the moment and as you say not helped with having potentially the worst goalie we've ever had.