BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (h) - 11/02/2024

Well done RoversTV for a long lingering look at the Waggott Out banner!

No passing it about at the back or short corners and possession dropped from the 60% norm to under 40%.

The direct stuff lead to the third goal but would we have been going so direct without Gally restored to centre forward after such a long lay-off. Hedges, Brittain and Chrisene were all excellent but JRC slightly less influential than I would have hoped for.

Really pleased with McFazdean and O'Reardon looked promising in his short cameo at the end. Great to put another 2 points between QPR and ourselves and for Eustace, a nice selection headache forTuesday. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, booth said:

3 points, just what we needed.

Some players raised their game today. Sadly Telalovic showed he's not got the quality for this league.

I was about to say this about Telalovic. Felt the squad looked deeper today, not as young with more championship experience. But Telalovic looked so far off it, lads never going to make it at this level, would rather see Leonard get 20 mins.

• Like 4

Feel relieved about the performance and the result today! Refreshing to see some more direct football as well. All players deserve credit for a hard fought win. Huge penalty save by Pears. For being out this long, Hedges had very good game and didn't look rusty at all. McFadzean had a very good debut as well, looking like a strong leader at the back. Hopefully we can build on this. And let's hope Gallagher doesn't get injured.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, philipl said:

Well done RoversTV for a long lingering look at the Waggott Out banner!

No passing it about at the back or short corners and possession dropped from the 60% norm to under 40%.

The direct stuff lead to the third goal but would we have been going so direct without Gally restored to centre forward after such a long lay-off. Hedges, Brittain and Chrisene were all excellent but JRC slightly less influential than I would have hoped for.

Really pleased with McFazdean and O'Reardon looked promising in his short cameo at the end. Great to put another 2 points between QPR and ourselves and for Eustace, a nice selection headache forTuesday. 

Perhaps Amy is mates with the RoversTV team.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Screenshot_20240211-000016.png

He was pretty much the only one with the balls to go over. So naturally faced the wrath. He’s a big boy I’m sure he’ll take his medicine. That or Stoke will arrange a fan meeting to tell them how much they hurt his feelings. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SpaceBarSlam said:

I liked JDT, but it felt like a weight had been lifted from the players today. They weren't being forced to play tactics that they weren't suited to and receiving audible disapproval from the fans for implementing them. Things had clearly soured in the dressing room to the point of no return. 

They looked hungry and ready to prove themselves to the new manager. 

Yes it’s clear the players weren’t listening  to Tomasson any more and he had lost the dressing room to use a well known phrase. Another good result against Birmingham and we will have had a new manager bounce to use another

Can I add - we made Stoke look bad. We let them have the ball and defended our box. We used our 6 foot 4 forward when we needed an out ball.

Best I’ve felt in Ewood WMC post game for months.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Be under no illusion, that Stoke side were very bad. Probably worse than Wrexham. Their commentators were disgusted.

No measure of us at all today. 3 away games now.

TBH all I wanted today were the points.

Despite having 66% possession they were awful.

• Like 1

Massive win. I wasn't able to watch the game but pleased to hear the tippy tappy football has been ditched already. 

If we'd have lost that then we'd been in big, big trouble. We're not out of the woods by any means but to win a six pointer is always significant.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, CD_93 said:

36% possession. Big shift.

Yeah, night and day compared to how we played under JDT.

We get a bit of a bonus at the moment - new manager bounce and totally new way of playing will bamboozle how other teams setup. Stoke with the high line obviously thought we were going to stay playing the Tomasson way and they could compress us, so were not ready for how direct we were.

Need to get the points on the board in the next few games before other teams start to adjust.

An interesting thought is I wonder how long Eustace was on the radar with GB and if he had any input direct ot indirect into the McFadz and Fleck signings. Both not very JDT...

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead

Very comfortable today, good to see the players working hard.

Lovely to see normally dependable ex-PNE players missing pens and also to see Stoke’s fans losing their heads after 20 minutes. My suspicion is that it booted off outside the Darwen End after.

Also amusing to hear them call somewhere else a shithole and they’d like to go home.

A good day at the office today, but obviously the bigger problems remain- but good to hear Venky’s and Waggott out chants, think the tide is finally turning!

• Like 3

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

A good day at the office today, but obviously the bigger problems remain- but good to hear Venky’s and Waggott out chants, think the tide is finally turning!

As usual, we win when we protest. It NEVER affects the players, but if it does we tend to win.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

As usual, we win when we protest. It NEVER affects the players, but if it does we tend to win.

Couldn’t call a few Waggott and Venkys out chants a protest…

Funnily enough the main set of boo boys - Stoke lads after being 2-0. They never recovered 

Plenty to say on tactics, shape, personnel, attitude and so on.
But just a couple of things for now:-

1 Always good to win, well done lads.
2 Any idea that the clusterf**k that is the Rao’s, Waggott, Suhail had anything to do with this win or should take any credit for changing the manager is tosh.

• Like 3

We needed that 3 points , good performance considering the week we have had ...The players didn't hide today , much physical at the back along with more height ...Mcfazdean reminded me of watching John McNamee all those years ago !

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Also amusing to hear them call somewhere else a shithole and they’d like to go home.

Rovers fans were singing that in the league cup match at Stamford Bridge surrounded by some of the most expensive real estate in the world. Cue much laughter from Chelsea supporters

• Like 3

What a difference a day makes. Thank God we were not waiting weeks for a new manager. 

I am hopeful about the Eustace appointment. He knows where the bodies are buried in this league. I think he can get a tune out of our team and nice to have a big Mac with an appetite, in defence. 

So on to the Big Club with two managers desperate to stick one on their former employers who binned them. 

• Like 2

Great win today and just what we needed! 

You could see today that they were told to play balls up to gallagher, every time we did szmodics and dolan peeled round the back of him waiting for a flick, which paid off for Dolans second. 

How many times in the past have we been frustrated with Gallaghers lack of presence despite his size, but today we played to his strengths and he actually got more than 2 inches off the ground 🤣

• Like 2