BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (h) - 09/03/2024

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No, no, no.

The record of Eusless is 7 very, very winnable games, NO WINS and a measly 5 points.

Think he's a man out of his depth.  Speaks in cliches allied to copious amounts of bullsh1t.

Today showed, IMO, he's tactically useless.

Carry on like this and we'll think Coyle was Pep.

We are in the deepest shyte possible.

Bold action needed - sack him and let Johnson continue with the work he started against Stoke!!!

Harris has 3 wins and 1 draw in 4 matches since returning to Millwall.  That's a new manager bounce - a guy who can motivate and organise his players.  Eusless is too pally, pally - you can see this in interviews the way he refers to players.  I bet the players love him!!!  Like a feckin holiday camp IMO.

Millwall are slightly different. They were underperforming before Harris came in. They have a good squad and invested a good amount of money in the summer.

We were hoping for a similar bounce but it was certainly hope rather than expectation. Our squad is very poor and there has been a severe reduction in quality and experience in the squad every window. 

Edited by rovers11
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Well done Kyle. Never want to see him play for the club again after that. Cost us the game. 

A point good in the circumstances. But 2 points from 3 relegation six pointers is terrible.

Still no win for the manager. Shocking.

It was a professional foul he had to make in the heat of the moment. But how are we playing with three CB's and still getting so many 1on1's against Wahlstedt? He must be a lot slower off his line than Pears, surely it wasn't just because we pressed higher today...?

This squad is so mediocre. The ten players who aren't Szmodics should all be forced to watch tape of Sammie's involvement over the course of the season. ARTE ET LABORE 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Three games ago I was quite comfortable that we wouldn't to down. That doubt dissipated somewhat after Swansea but after Tuesday and today I'm convinced we will be relegated. The first ten minutes aside Plymouth were streets ahead of us and if I was a fan of theirs I would have been disappointed not to win and win by three or four goals. We started well, scored and Sigurdsson misses an easy chance and for some unfathomable reason the game changed. We must have the slowest three centre halves in living memory so to play a high line against a pacy young team was footballing suicide. Time and time again they got in from either a simple ball over the top, down the sides or in behind. So we get through to half time and expect changes particularly when we see Hedges doing a strenuous warm up at half time. But no, our tactically astute manager doesn't see it the same way as us and that we are once again being overrun in midfield. The second half starts in exactly the same vein and lo and behold a ball over the top of our high line catches us out and McFadzean is off. I honestly don't think that anybody with half a brain cell thought at that point we could win. Then a couple of baffling changes which hindered us even more handed a bigger advantage to Plymouth whose changes we really positive. The inevitable happened and once again was a calamity of errors. I really thought Plymouth would go on to win from there and once again bad finishing and luck saved us. Two players worthy of mention were Szmodics and Ayari. The rest were pretty useless but the biggest criticism from me is for Eustace. I know it's only early in his time here but the omens aren't good, in fact they are poor. He doesn't appear to have and tactical nous or has the ability to change anything. His one dimensional approach is alarming and his touchline demeanour doesn't inspire me. Still he might be happy tonight as, according to him today wasn't a must win game. I'm struggling to get angry right now and my acceptance is almost a fait accompli after the last thirteen years. My disgust is for the owners and their munchkins at Ewood. Hopefully something happens on Tuesday in a court on another continent that hastens their departure.

On the bus home me and my granddaughter looked at the likely line up of League One next season and have already planned some trips. 

Fair play for your post pal you spoke some truths in there and hats off for stating a few facts BUT we are a long time off league one yet still around 10 games left anything can/could happen. I know we weren’t really at the races today but it’s far to early to talk about league one. Once again  fair play for your post and your opinion but I Genuinely believe there’s far worse teams in this league. 

• Like 2

An undeserved point, a great goal from SS and Hyari looking half decent are the only positives I can take from that.

We are going down unless we majorly fluke a result or someone else loses every match 

Next match I’d consider Telavovic and SG with SS. Hyari, Buckley and Moran with a back four behind them. 

Would be interesting if nothing else 🫣🥳

7 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Millwall are slightly different. They were underperforming before Harris came in. They have a good squad and invested a good amount of money in the summer.

We were hoping for a similar bounce but it was certainly hope rather than expectation. Our squad is very poor and there has been a severe reduction in quality and experience in the squad every window. 

Deliberately. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My thoughts on the game are,

We started the game really well and on the front foot and Szmodics scored a good goal from good play from Ayari, and I thought we would win the game. After Sigurdsson missed that great chance, Plymouth took over the rest of the first half by playing some good passing football and making with real width and playing balls over the top/in between Wharton and McFadzean. We played far too high and allow Hardie to simply run in behind time after time. Plymouth missed a number of great chances and I was relieved to get to half time with us winning. I expect changes to the team cos Wahlstedt looked injured during the first half making a save at the Plymouth player feet. I expect Hedges to come on for McFadzean at half time with us moving to 4-4-2 or stick with 3 at the back with Pickering moving to centre back and Hedges at half time. Plus Michalski coming on for his debut for the Injured Wahlstedt. I was very surprised no changes at half time. 

We started the second half well but then we were too high again and Hardie run in behind and McFadzean fouled him. I don't know how bad it was or whether it was soft but it could have been avoid if if Eustace had sub McFadzean off for Chrisene or Hedges. 

After that it would tough and Plymouth carried on with playing attacking football and making the pitch as big as possible but they couldn't find a goal. Rovers had a couple of half chances but nothing more. When we would the ball back we were too quick to give it back to them. 

Ayari was our best player for me. Szmodics played well. Wahlstedt and Hyam also had decent games. 

Plymouth exploited the wide areas alot and their number 2 Mumba was their best player for me. Also Wharton and McFadzean slowest at turning behind them

So overall, its another point and its 8 points from 8 games since JDT left, and after today's games we are 3 points clear.

Its a big week for Eustace cos he has a full week of training to get his ways and methods he wants and get 3 points at Boro next Saturday we badly need.  I would like us to set either 4-4-1-1 or 3-5-2 next week at Boro. 

P.S. I didn't understand the booing of Ash Phillips or the booing at full time either. 

Also the officials were awful and one of the worst displays I've seen all season. 

Some good points Chaddy. Eustace should have spotted McFadzean was too slow in first half and done something about it. First ten minutes and our keeper hadn't touch the ball. Then we scored, should have had two but then they realised how poor our defense is and with us down to 10 & all stats heavily agains us Plymouth should have won.

Agree no need for booing, the team played to their abililities and deserved credit for holding on to a point. I don't agree with Venkys non show etc but on match days players need our support.

No doubt who player of the season is and I doubt if Sammie will be at Ewood next season.

Edited by Cherry Blue
  • Like 1

Fine lines again today.

Nothing wrong with the start and we should have been 2 too the good but they did carve is open too easy once they settled down. Clearly our lack of pace at the back is a target and gives a massive dilemma for Eustace in the need to not play too high a line which then affects us attack wise.

Crap recruitment for years is behind that we haven't had pace anywhere in defence since Olsson but these present lads don't just lack pace they have concrete boots but fatigue won't help.

Today though keep 11 and we might have been holding on for 3 points it seemed one of those days but in the end it's a fortunate draw.

Over all another shite week which seems in some parts to be triumphant because 'at least we didn't lose' and whilst there is truth in that it also can't be overlooked that if we went for it in the games and just won 1 then that's 3 point instead of 2.

That was the JDT philosophy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Looking fairly grim now.

Is that two wins in nineteen? Four games off half a season.

Szmodics apart, these players are pathetic. Good job for them they're at a Club where "There's no pressure on results".

Can you honestly see them now turning the form book upside down and going on a run that saves us? Doesn't seem too likely

5 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

An undeserved point, a great goal from SS and Hyari looking half decent are the only positives I can take from that.

We are going down unless we majorly fluke a result or someone else loses every match 

Next match I’d consider Telavovic and SG with SS. Hyari, Buckley and Moran with a back four behind them. 

Would be interesting if nothing else 🫣🥳

Never ever play Moran in centre mid again !

• Like 4

Watching arsenal play just now and to see that desire from the team and the coach and the standards they set. It's so depressing our coach is happy with a draw against teams at the bottom of the table with no desire. That must transmit to the players. It's so frustrating 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

We went into the last 2 games saying we had to get 6 points. We got 2!

With every game we get nearer to the drop and those around us get unexpected wins.

Given the remaining fixtures we look doomed.

• Like 2

That was arguably one of the worst Rovers performances ever..htf were Plymouth not 4 up before HT is beyond me

That cant be dressed up it wad crap TBH it just shows how well JDT got a tune out of this squad

The buck stops with the money launderers Venkys

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aletheia said:

arbitro tells it well.

First 10 minutes and thought this was going to be a good match for us. Get the goal, lovely short stuff between Ayari (in particular), Sammie, Buckley, Siggy and things look good. Then it goes pear shaped. They get some belief and for the rest of the game dominate, albeit we look dangerous on the break. Adam Forshaw controls the game for them. Nice open game, totally different to Millwall, they came to play. But the space in midfield was frightening. They could drop it in behind our wingbacks, outpace us on the flanks or outpace us in the middle. Frankly, they were pretty poor in front of goal and just as well, could have had a hatful. On one occasion, their lad (Mumba?) was clean through and had a horrible touch which just gave it back to Leo. Rovers tight at the back? No chance. Time and time again our back three were so stretched (not to mention a horrible out of line) that a simple ball over the top to a runner had them in. And yet Siggy misses a sitter to make it 2-0.

Second half and not much changes until McFadz pointlessly get himself (rightly) sent off. Why do it? Let him go. You’ve got a good chance that a 1 on 1 will go in our favour. And if not, the score goes to 1-1 and you’ve still got 11 men on the pitch to try and make a difference. Down to 10 and you end up firefighting.

Ayari was good throughout the game but couldn’t get in to it enough. Nobody else on the pitch makes the glorious early pass to Sammie for the goal. Sammie lovely, one touch onto his right and curler round their player into the corner. Looked knackered at the end, poor lad.

I could never understand fouling an opponent in that situation. As you say they can easily miss the chance, it’s possibly a 50/50. If they score it’s only 1-1 with 40 minutes to go. I’d have thought McFad had more experience than that. If there was 5 minutes left I could understand it.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

@Mercer is spot on tho. 7winnable games!!! 

1 hour ago, superniko said:

I’ve seen a lot of what you’ve posted recently and you’re either a good WUM or a dingle. You’re no supporter of this club, if you are, you’re aiding our downfall. 

You're talking out your arse fella. 

you are wrong on both counts! And I wouldn't even say that I've been posting "a lot" recently so I don't even know(or care) what you are talking about. 

I've never understood the standing ovations for a player getting red carded, I guess it's a fairly good representation of our fan base... heads in the sand, pretending we aren't being mismanaged and hoping for the best.

Operation "keep my job" (Waggott and co.) regardless of results and league status is almost complete. What a loser he is.

League One was signed, sealed and delivered today.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Never ever play Moran in centre mid again !

Not centre mid - either right side of a three or just ahead of Buckley and Hyari. Ideally I’d want Tronstad involved but not likely and garret was just gash today. Moran has played well under JDT with quick, short interchanges and means we would have players that can (in theory) pick a pass. Shit or bust time imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

No, no, no.

The record of Eusless is 7 very, very winnable games, NO WINS and a measly 5 points.

Think he's a man out of his depth.  Speaks in cliches allied to copious amounts of bullsh1t.

Today showed, IMO, he's tactically useless.

Carry on like this and we'll think Coyle was Pep.

We are in the deepest shyte possible.

Bold action needed - sack him and let Johnson continue with the work he started against Stoke!!!

Harris has 3 wins and 1 draw in 4 matches since returning to Millwall.  That's a new manager bounce - a guy who can motivate and organise his players.  Eusless is too pally, pally - you can see this in interviews the way he refers to players.  I bet the players love him!!!  Like a feckin holiday camp IMO.

Mercer in!!!

Bunch of softarses. But we already knew that. Any team that literally NEVER overturns a one goal deficit (apart from in a dead rubber at Millwall when the home side got nervous) aren’t going to have the stomach for a relegation dogfight. 2/1 at the bookies seems like a licence to print money, to quote one prominent BRFCS poster!

Well, that was a dose of reality bites for the rose tinted bespectacled optimists amongst us who kept saying Rovers should win this... the BBC match statistics make for sobering reading:

image.thumb.png.c1bcc51b529761f8133dc19bec52b54b.png

It isn't going to look any prettier on here either, if we don't somehow start to play with some form of coherence and conviction. It just wasn't there today.

Nobody to blame but ourselves for swallowing the bullshit that JDT leaving and being replaced by 'a safe pair of hands' was anything other than another game of death by a thousand cuts.

F-OFF VENKY-RAO-DESAI Football Luddites

F-OFF WAGGOTT AND SUHAIL Football Stooges

F-OFF VENKY APOLOGISTS AND BLINKERED SUPPORTERS WHO CAN'T SEE THIS IS DELIBERATE

VENKYS OUT

• Like 2

There is no way I'm.going to renew watching this absolute shower.. either in the Championship or League 1.. which is most likely.. 

We had something with JDT, Waggot and Venkys absolutely destroyed it with their abysmal approach...

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

honourable mention to leo today,he played very well and looked like a keeper who belongs at this level

I've had pelters for this, but I'm sticking with it - Leo will become a good GK and play at a higher level than Pears ever will.
Well, technically he already had (international football).

He's had a poor start overall with us, but I think there's a very decent GK in there.

• Like 4

As for the Adam Wharton transfer. I'm going to call it the Adam Wharton Heist.

The entire transfer was a robbery. Inside job.

The ability to get that transfer done and not reinvest a penny mid season, heading into a relegation battle is something else.

This club doesn't deserve a penny of your money, and won't get a penny more of mine. Relegation from the Championship is what it deserves.

• Like 7