BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Southampton (h) - 6/4/24

A point we'd not have expected to take a month ago, so a good result in that context, but the results everywhere else are going to pull us back in to the mire again. That games against Wednesday is must win - I don't think a draw will be enough in that game.

We've only seen him in the odd cameo appearance but Markanday is improving this season. 

He'll presumably come good in the last season of his contract, score a bunch of goals and leave on a free, such is the Rovers way.

• Like 5

Huge point. One more win should do it now. Two of the bottom 3 winning doesn't help but its in our own hands and there's no doubt we've improved massively and look like a team who may not need to rely on others doing us favours anymore. 

• Like 1

I thought we were really good today - the press was excellent and we looked more of a team than we have in a while.

Plenty of positives: clean sheet / Brittain / defensive positions and tracking back / Tronstad excellent / Dolan good and Markanday impressed.

The negative for me was Gallagher. Works hard and does lots of good work, but he’s the point of failure in attack time after time. He just looks out of place when we attack.

But happy tonight. 4 points from the last 2 is a very good return.

Good game from rovers, Brittain, Wharton, JRC all excellent. May turn out to be Markanday’s breakthrough period if he plays like today and Hedges remains out. Too bad about other results, but nothing we can do about that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AspRover said:

We've only seen him in the odd cameo appearance but Markanday is improving this season. 

He'll presumably come good in the last season of his contract, score a bunch of goals and leave on a free, such is the Rovers way.

Just remember to bet on over 20 goals.  Have to take some positives 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Under Eustace he looks back to his best from a few years back.

I thought he got some very harsh criticism for his comments about JDT - if he didn't like playing suicide football in a kamikaze system that's his prerogative.

Some managers and players just don't see eye to eye.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

I thought we were really good today - the press was excellent and we looked more of a team than we have in a while.

Plenty of positives: clean sheet / Brittain / defensive positions and tracking back / Tronstad excellent / Dolan good and Markanday impressed.

The negative for me was Gallagher. Works hard and does lots of good work, but he’s the point of failure in attack time after time. He just looks out of place when we attack.

Man of the Match Gallagher 🤔

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

Gallagher won a lot of headers today which he rarely does. Couldnt direct them though.

Not exactly sure what Peter Jackson was smoking up in the directors box when he was dreaming up his MOTM. I wonder if a number 9 has ever won one without having a shot all game!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Gallagher won a lot of headers today which he rarely does. Couldnt direct them though.

Not exactly sure what Peter Jackson was smoking up in the directors box when he was dreaming up his MOTM. I wonder if a number 9 has ever won one without having a shot all game!

Agreed, he was about as far away from MotM as anyone today - Mr Jackson is on crack.

Brittain was the obvious choice for that, really good today.

• Like 4