BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Southampton (h) - 6/4/24

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Different context - a cup tie refers to the actual game. A draw is the result.

I’ve got a few more ties than that. Unfortunately the last time I wore one was the usual black one for a funeral earlier this year.

Yea sadly that’s about the only time I ever seen to wear a tie these days as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yea sadly that’s about the only time I ever seen to wear a tie these days as well.

I used to like wearing ties but I just wear casual stuff these days. I’ve got loads, mostly nice silk ones. Some by “ Turnbull & Asser “:, James Bond’s shirt maker. I should put them on EBay really.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Different context - a cup tie refers to the actual game. A draw is the result.

I’ve got a few more ties than that. Unfortunately the last time I wore one was the usual black one for a funeral earlier this year.

Whereas in cricket, a tie is also a possible result, (often confused with a draw).

Anyway, let’s hope for some rare home cheer tomorrow, rather than ‘after the lord mayor’s show’.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

She said it took three hours from start to finish. Longer than a football game  but not as long as a day at the cricket?

Baseball is an occasion, not a sport.

I went to a Yankees - Red Sox game a couple of years ago. People started leaving towards the end of the 7th inning, having spent most of the time ignoring the game and just chatting / eating food with their friends. 

I actually think we could get something from this game, possibly even a win.

Winning so comprehensively in our last game will mean the players will be feeling very confident, and with our best front 4 players all playing again it means we have far more attacking threat now. Saints don't have a lot to play for as they're firmly in the play offs. Armstrong will score though!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I used to like wearing ties but I just wear casual stuff these days. I’ve got loads, mostly nice silk ones. Some by “ Turnbull & Asser “:, James Bond’s shirt maker. I should put them on EBay really.

They all wear them in the Blackburn End, suit and ties.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

Well, Rotherham didn’t help themselves, or us, today. Plymouth, gains within a point of us, ugh.

We gotta keep that gap with the other catfish clubs. 

It's impossible at the moment.

Millwall Huddersfield is a big game.  

Everyone around us playing everyone around us and there are some winning around us which makes it impossible to know. We have to focus on ourselves only.

Hope we are able to scrape a point tomorrow. It's not likely but I can hope! 1-1

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo

My recollection of the game at St Mary's is they didn't batter us despite the 4-0 scoreline, panenka penalty over the cross bar and sending off of Hill for rank stupidity.

We never got going against a team with obvious defensive weaknesses. Their first goal was a clear foul and they were very clinical in dispatching the ten men with two goals deep into added time.

The Sunderland result has created the luxury of not being at risk of being in the bottom 3 this evening even if we have a bad day at the office and the opportunity of rising well clear if we produce an Ipswich or Newcastle quality of performance and get the balance of good fortune and refereeing decisions this afternoon. 

Unfortunately, we have Craig Pawson- another Premier League ref so not expecting anything other than another biased performance against us.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, philipl said:

My recollection of the game at St Mary's is they didn't batter us despite the 4-0 scoreline, panenka penalty over the cross bar and sending off of Hill for rank stupidity.

You’re recollection is way off. It was Brittain that got sent off, and we got battered all game. The late goals just gave the scoreline a true reflection of the game. If I recall, I said it was the worst first half we had put in since Burnley away last season.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, philipl said:

We never got going against a team with obvious defensive weaknesses. Their first goal was a clear foul and they were very clinical in dispatching the ten men with two goals deep into added time.

The Sunderland result has created the luxury of not being at risk of being in the bottom 3 this evening even if we have a bad day at the office and the opportunity of rising well clear if we produce an Ipswich or Newcastle quality of performance and get the balance of good fortune and refereeing decisions this afternoon. 

Unfortunately, we have Craig Pawson- another Premier League ref so not expecting anything other than another biased performance against us.  

We did get battered, and why would the ref be biased because hes a PL ref. Surely that will make him more competent, or should.

• Like 1

Would be terribly cruel not to start with the same eleven as at Sunderland with Chrisene deputising if Pickering is ruled out.

Equally very cruel on Buckley, Carter and McFadzean not getting starts but at last we are down to only a few long term injuries plus Travis loaned out and we can mix experience with promise on the bench.

As ever I really want us to win today because that is the most important thing but I have a couple of other reasons too. I can't stand Martin. His air of superiority and arrogance is so much of what I despise and his touchline demeanour leaves a lot to be desired. And it looks like he dyes his hair and beard black too 😃. Another reason is Harwood-Bellend. Unless you were at the game you might not have seen it but the way he celebrated at the Turd after they beat us last season was over the top to say the least. He danced right in front of us in an antagonistic way. I understand he was doing similar in the match at Ewood too. So to knock them two cretins off their arrogant perch with a win would be so satisfying.

• Like 5

Think Monday will have lured quite a few into a false sense of security.

Southampton, whilst you can get at them have a ridiculous line of fire power that will be far to good for us I imagine.

Rovers 1 Southampton 3

Harwood Bellend wouldn't be where he is if Rovers hadn't given him a chance on loan although sweet irony that the lad he got selected in front of stock is now higher.

So it would be nice if Gallagher or someone could serve him a reducer at some point.

Too nice though our lot.

• Like 1

This shouldn't be a dull affair lacking goals, with both teams free scoring of later (Ok, in our case it was only 1 game)!

I'd be happy with the point today, but I fear Southampton will probably have to much for us.

Rovers 2 Southampton 2