BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Southampton (h) - 6/4/24

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Would be terribly cruel not to start with the same eleven as at Sunderland with Chrisene deputising if Pickering is ruled out.

Equally very cruel on Buckley, Carter and McFadzean not getting starts but at last we are down to only a few long term injuries plus Travis loaned out and we can mix experience with promise on the bench.

How is it very cruel on any of them? McFadzean got sent off in his performance and in general that day highlighted his age and his weaknessess. Buckley has not hit form for quite a while and Carter himself had been in poor form prior to a long injury, as much as he is probably our best CB when fully fit.

4 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Notice Michalski not in goal for u21s today.

Wonder if there's a problem with Pears or Wahlstedt

He is the third choice now and as such will be at Ewood to cover injury/illness to Pears and Wahlstedt.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
59 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Notice Michalski not in goal for u21s today.

Wonder if there's a problem with Pears or Wahlstedt

There’s certainly more than one problem with both of them, tbf….

• Like 1

Would have preferred Chrisene than Pickering and bench definitely weakened with Garret in for Ayari. Unless the lad is injured, I can’t fathom that one as Ayari looks a really decent player to me and Garret nowhere near the grade, as yet.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Would have preferred Chrisene than Pickering and bench definitely weakened with Garret in for Ayari. Unless the lad is injured, I can’t fathom that one as Ayari looks a really decent player to me and Garret nowhere near the grade, as yet.

Saving him for the Bristol city game ?

20 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Eustace probably hoping to contain Southampton and scrape out a win. Needs more combative type midfielders to bring on if that's the case but I agree Ayari has been playing well. Only logic I can think of.

Maybe just the sun out but feels like it will be a decent crowd from the numbers in the fan zone.

No idea about the result. As ever most important thing is not conceding early and getting the first goal. If Sunderland had made their early pressure count in the first 20 mins it would have been a totally different story.

Reflecting on Sunderland I was at the home game and its no exaggeration that football wise I think it was one of the best footballing performances Ive ever seen from Rovers in 30 years of watching - amazing passing, movement, overloads, combinations - but we somehow ended up losing 3-1. We played a more measured way last weekend, weathered the early pressure but then crafted great goals without leaving ourselves exposed through over committing.

Eustace may not have the same attacking commitment but if JDT was here today I would be worried wed play well but contrive to get smashed three or four one. I think we should be more competitive today. And while we dont maybe get a result i do think we will be in the game all the way through. Will he interesting.

Key man for me is JRC. He has a sort of Championship Gerrard about him. Puts the tackle in, picks the right forward passes, always looking to get forward on and off the ball, and a real goal threat. If he keeps his fitness could be one of the best midfielders at this level I think.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Who is choosing this shite music .. fuck the smiths

Anyone know what that 90s rave sounding tune they play before the game is? As I can't be there in person, I only hear it from afar on iFollow...

12 minutes ago, jny said:

Anyone know what that 90s rave sounding tune they play before the game is? As I can't be there in person, I only hear it from afar on iFollow...

“A girl like you”? 
that’s  the extent of my Smith’s knowledge, I’m 62, therefore, more a 80’s guy, m’self (ha, Smithereen’s) 

Edited by WacoRover

All a bit frenetic at the moment. Rovers should be behind, and Sammie taken a knock but running it off. I wish we wouldn't persist with the fannying it out from the back. All up for grabs

9 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

“A girl like you”? 
that’s  the extent of my Smith’s knowledge, I’m 62, therefore, more a 80’s guy, m’self (ha, Smithereen’s) 

Wasn’t that Edwin Collin? He was from the band Orange Juice.🙄

• Like 2