BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 10/04/2024

Another stat is that we've won 14 out of 86 Championship away games played on a Monday-Friday since we were relegated from the Premier League in 2012. 

Dismal. Hardly worth even incurring the travel expenses. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

eustace first words to hyam before he gets showered should be " see me in my office tommorow,your going on the list because that is the worst f*****g performance iv`e ever seen from a centre back and it`s not acceptable,im`e not having it in my dressing room and anyone else who wants to **** off just tell me,i`ll get rid of the lot of you"

Spot on.

The infamous John Sitton rant springs to mind after that.

"And you can bring yer fuckin' dinner as well!"

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Stunning to see how we've assembled a squad of such losers. The mentality of these lot has been pathetic for far too long.

It costs nothing to have some professional pride, how can none of them have any?

A large part of it is that too large a % of our squad consists of younger end academy grads with minimal experience of the hard yards of professional football. 

Many of them are used to playing their football in the no pressure on results environment of the u21s and u18s. Doesn't actually matter there if you lose as long as you 'play the right way'. 

When you fill your senior squad up with such people almost overnight its inevitable that with such a low average age you are going to have this mentality.

Another downside to the obsessive 'academy' approach rather than going out and recruiting experienced and seasoned pros. 

• Like 4

Why do we always fluff our lines in games that mean something, even going back to our greatest achievement , we would have fluffed our lines had West Ham not done us a massive favour by holding Man Utd. Time and time again let down by this team. That’s an appalling result in our circumstances, win and we are all bit safe, why is that not motivation to get a rocket up their arses and fight. Utterly pathetic, get rid of the lot of them and start from absolute scratch whatever division we are in, I hate all of them 

• Like 3

I can't believe we're having to pay to watch Dolan, Gallagher, Markanday, Hyam, Pears, Pickering, Buckley, McFadzean. That is one unbelievably bad team. Add the likes of Wahlstedt, Garrett, Telalovic, Moran and Sigurdsson, we are totally out of our depth in the Championship this year. It's a league that's moved on from freebies and spending pennies.

Broughton in not as many words basically said they were both busted flushes otherwise they wouldn't be coming to Rovers in a Jan window.

Now when our DoF talks like that it's no wonder we struggle.

22 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

I can't believe we're having to pay to watch Dolan, Gallagher, Markanday, Hyam, Pears, Pickering, Buckley, McFadzean. That is one unbelievably bad team. Add the likes of Wahlstedt, Garrett, Telalovic, Moran and Sigurdsson, we are totally out of our depth in the Championship this year. It's a league that's moved on from freebies and spending pennies.

Actually disagree , there is a whole load of shyte in the league this year, just we are right down there in terms of quality 

With a little bit of quality, a well organised hard working team and a manager that knows how to set up their team you can fly in this league, look at Ipswich. It’s not a league that you have to spend millions to survive in

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I don’t understand this. As fans we do not deserve to be relegated. We’ve suffered enough. The players and managers deserve an almighty bollocking from the CEO (which won’t happen obviously) but fans deserve better. Much better 

I do.

Those responsible for running the club fully deserve to go down. 100%.

On the field, we are shit because of them.

The trouble is that those running the club don't deserve to be anywhere near Blackburn Rovers.

Of course, the fans don't deserve this.

I don't want relegation, but even if we did survive, which is highly unlikely, more of the same from The Undertaker et al will surely deliver the drop within 12 months anyway.

Fck off, Venky's!!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Actually disagree , there is a whole load of shyte in the league this year, just we are right down there in terms of quality 

With a little bit of quality, a well organised hard working team and a manager that knows how to set up their team you can fly in this league, look at Ipswich. It’s not a league that you have to spend millions to survive in

Ipswich have spent 4 or 5 times what we spent on transfer fees and probably double what we could offer wage wise + god knows what on loan fees. The teams that are buying freebies and spending pennies are out of their depth. We are one of them IMO.

We wouldn't have been able to afford the majority of loans or free transfers they have done. Sarmiento, Moore, Williams, Tuanzebe, Hutchinson... we couldn't touch any of them.

Even if we wanted to we weren't able to afford George Hirst at £2m and have been bringing on players like Markanday and Telalovic all season. Leonard and Garrett have also played plenty and should both be on loan in League One.

Pickering is one of the worst fullbacks in the division. He makes everyone look quick and we had half the season without a suitable backup. He is League One and probably one of the first names on the team sheet.

Neither GK would start for Rotherham or any other Championship side. That says a lot.

On top of that... 71 goals against.

We are well out of our depth this year personnel wise other than Szmodics. He's the only reason we aren't already down with Rotherham and is carrying one of the most useless Rovers teams I've ever seen.

Edited by Ghost7
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Ipswich have spent 4 or 5 times what we spent on transfer fees and probably double what we could offer wage wise + god knows what on loan fees. The teams that are buying freebies and spending pennies are out of their depth. We are one of them IMO.

We wouldn't have been able to afford the majority of loans or free transfers they have done. Sarmiento, Moore, Williams, Tuanzebe, Hutchinson... we couldn't touch any of them.

Even if we wanted to we weren't able to afford George Hirst at £2m and have been bringing on players like Markanday and Telalovic all season. Leonard and Garrett have also played plenty and should both be on loan in League One.

Pickering is one of the worst fullbacks in the division. He makes everyone look quick and we had half the season without a suitable backup. He is League One and probably one of the first names on the team sheet.

Neither GK would start for Rotherham or any other Championship side. That says a lot.

On top of that... 71 goals against.

We are well out of our depth this year personnel wise other than Szmodics. He's the only reason we aren't already down with Rotherham and is carrying one of the most useless Rovers teams I've ever seen.

The reason we might stay up this year is that there is so much dross down the bottom that we might survive by default, unless your getting parachute payments your operating at a loss, champ spending is way down. 
I agree that our squad is crap but you don’t have to have spent a lot to be mid table. It’s been a number of calamitous errors by management that have us where we are. Had we kept or at least replaced to some degree Wharton and kaminski we wouldn’t be relegation fodder 

Just got in and I'm still confused. After Sunderland lots of us said 'where did that come from' in genuine disbelief at the performance and the score. We could say the same after this game but from a polar opposite perspective. Individual errors have done us tonight but I thought the spark was missing, the pace and intensity sorely lacking and we paid a real price for it. Eustace should leave some of the more calamitous players out on Saturday but I don't for one second think he will. My belief is that he doesn't really like upsetting players and likes to keep them sweet. This is based on nothing more than his interviews when he uses superlatives to describe them and the cringeworthy use of nicknames. I have warmed to him in many aspects but in my view he needs to get tough and even if they are senior players they should be axed after the disaster tonight.

One thing for sure is that four more performances like this will more than likely see us relegated.

• Like 5

Woke up from my alarm and watched the game at 2.45am. Bad mistake. 

Definitely the worst performance this season - lack of fight, lack of skills, lack of leadership, lack of tactics, all around poor poor poor. Please be ashamed of yourselves the entire Rovers team. 

Hyam - what a joke of a captain/CB. made so many mistakes, 3 of them led to goals. First goal, poor soft touch/backpass to Pears, second goal - reckless tackle in the box (i really do think he wants to be sent off to get out of the game), third goal - was shielding the ball but allowed the Bristol attacker to sneak the ball of him and score. No leadership, no pace, no confidence.

The rest of the team are equally poor. I actually thought Wharton did quite okay but was strangely subbed out in the 2nd half (Hyam should have subbed out). Pears - was there anything he could possibly prevented? Kept the score down. Pickering poor and weak as usual.  Brittain mindless defending, no threat on the wings, being asked too much to provide an attacking outlet. Tronstad/JRC completely overran in center midfield, Dilan a couple of weak attempts on goal, not the worst on the pitch. Dolan, did nothing except passing back. Szmodics, a tired performance from him, should have put the ball in the net when it was 0-2. Gally, big lump, poor control, cant direct his header, our Number 9. The subs - no one came on to change the game, probably McFadzen, joined Hyam to gift further goals.

Kudos to Bristol City. Didnt even have to try. They were solid and disciplined and executed their game plan. Experienced bench players came on to seal the easiest victory they will have in a long time.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Glad to see we sorted out the defence under Eustace…..

For real though, I think it’s clearer than ever that the players are softer than pillows.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

For real though, I think it’s clearer than ever that the players are softer than pillows.

This 100% . Let's not forget that largely this squad managed to achieve the nearer impossible last season and blow getting into the play offs. They insultingly managed to turn up for the second half of the last game of the season when the pressure was off.

This group of players has managed to blow a comfortable gap at the bottom to now looking like the sinking ship of the league. 

Look at the reactions to the goals last night, some of the worst goals you could concede in the professional game. Not a single crossing of words!!!

3 minutes ago, cesus said:

This 100% . Let's not forget that largely this squad managed to achieve the nearer impossible last season and blow getting into the play offs. They insultingly managed to turn up for the second half of the last game of the season when the pressure was off.

This group of players has managed to blow a comfortable gap at the bottom to now looking like the sinking ship of the league. 

Look at the reactions to the goals last night, some of the worst goals you could concede in the professional game. Not a single crossing of words!!!

I know what Brian Kidd would be labelling them and he would be spot on ! No fight or spirit in this team, in this club, spineless and not fit to represent our once proud club.

8 hours ago, Andy said:

The most bizarre bit was keeping him on at HT, but taking off arguably our best player in that first half - and certainly our best defender (SW).

Be interested to hear the justification for this...

match fixing from the kea> book of venks

• Like 2

I voted in the ratings. It wouldn't accept 0 for Hyam so I had to go with a 1. Then I see he's on 0.1, so I stopped thinking how that works as my brain was frazzled.

I came across the Predictor. I don't think it's fully operational but as I was there I went for Leeds 7 v Fluffy Feather Pillow Cases 1, and it will be that if we show the desire of last night.

I also listened to Eustace on RoversTV. I don't know why, it's worrying, so I've booked an hour late afternoon with a local Monk who does some mental health counselling.

TTF the sanity of PL Darts is on tonight.

Edited by AllRoverAsia